• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

7 minutes ago, James32 said:

I still don't know 🤣

"The full form of RKO is Randy Keith Orton This acronym is actually the initials of the very well-known WWE wrestler “Randy Keith Orton” and is also the name of his signature finishing wrestling move “Randy’s Knock Out.”

tenor (7).gif

8 hours ago, stefffana said:

"The full form of RKO is Randy Keith Orton This acronym is actually the initials of the very well-known WWE wrestler “Randy Keith Orton” and is also the name of his signature finishing wrestling move “Randy’s Knock Out.”

tenor (7).gif

Randy Keith Orton? Randy??

Randal Keith Orton!

43 minutes ago, tallthinkev said:

Randy Keith Orton? Randy??

Randal Keith Orton

As you can see, the information was taken copy / paste from Google, which is indicated by the quotes I put. He is not a personality to know exactly his name, I didn't miss the name of George Washington or William Shakespeare.

It was just an answer to the question asked out of pure curiosity by another member of the forum, started from a screenshoot/picture about silver's price.

So in good old style the fomc minutes of in inflation were high and Quelle surprise the London Crimex dumped a load of paper and silver got spanked just before the FOMC inflation figures. And when the minutes announced it spiked and another paper dump took hold and I will defy anyone that this market aint rigged!

image.png.6931cb4fe303a06090504956507cbdcf.png

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

4 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

paper dump took hold and I will defy anyone that this market aint rigged!

I was watching some MMT guy/Keynesian lunatic earlier say the dollar system is stronger than ever - That the sale of bonds is in huge demand - that metals are a waste of time - theres no rigging in the markets etc

You just look at the markets and think to yourself "all of this is rigged" and most people are under the illusion that its not haahahah

1 hour ago, HerefordBullyun said:

So in good old style the fomc minutes of in inflation were high and Quelle surprise the London Crimex dumped a load of paper and silver got spanked just before the FOMC inflation figures. And when the minutes announced it spiked and another paper dump took hold and I will defy anyone that this market aint rigged!

image.png.6931cb4fe303a06090504956507cbdcf.png

The question is, who was attempting to set off a run BEFORE the announcement?  And who was keenly picking up paper moments before the announcement.  The day traders would have been queuing up for this one which is why the sell off again after the initial spike up.  But it has since continued to rise back to the spike in what is more likely an honest response.  It is the knowledge prior where the cheating takes place.  I don't doubt that most involved who went short then long and subsequently short again are now out of their trades.  Stops both ways were snapped up for profit.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

4 minutes ago, silversky said:

The question is, who was attempting to set off a run BEFORE the announcement?  And who was keenly picking up paper moments before the announcement.  The day traders would have been queuing up for this one which is why the sell off again after the initial spike up.  But it has since continued to rise back to the spike in what is more likely an honest response.  It is the knowledge prior where the cheating takes place.  I don't doubt that most involved who went short then long and subsequently short again are now out of their trades.  Stops both ways were snapped up for profit.

There was lots of noise on twitter the inflation figures were going to be bad. The fed is a cartel but word obviously got on the street so the traders and the bullion banks and Crimex can do a dump before the pump from the figures, then dump again.

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

There was lots of noise on twitter the inflation figures were going to be bad. The fed is cartel but word obviously got on the street so the traders and the bullion banks and Crimex can do a dump before the pump, then dump again

Sounds like a busy afternoon for a teenager :D

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

On 10/02/2022 at 15:30, Gruff said:

Sounds like a busy afternoon for a teenager :D

Trumpet lessons served me well!

19 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

😒 You add inflation and geez silver has taken a beating in the last year 

Screenshot_20220215_201622_com.android.chrome.jpg

Moneyweek have an article out today saying that inflation is actually 8% not 5.5% (when using the old way of measuring it with RPIX).  Apparently, most people have fixed mortgages which means that until they come up for renewal, the inflation including home owners payments is lower.  But if you use available interest rates, then you get to 8% inflation.  Or something like that.  Anyway, the point being made is that in the old way of measuring it, the number would be much higher than the newer ways of making it look mild.  Personally I believe that anything real is due a big revalue this year.

I still hold my prediction that Silver will exceed last year's high within this first quarter.  Brave perhaps, but it's certainly possible once people come to realise that the ball is rolling and it's picking up pace.  Inflation is most certainly NOT transitory, and energy bills come April are going to rise sharply.  Most metals should do well this year, including steel.  The gold dip yesterday was a play on the Russia / Ukraine anti-climax.  But it wasn't really rising before because of the Russia hysteria so the dip is just a short lived excuse.  It's already moving upwards again, even as images of trains carrying tanks leaving the border region are being broadcast.  The real cause is inflation.  

Edited by silversky

8 minutes ago, silversky said:

Moneyweek have an article out today saying that inflation is actually 8% not 5.5% (when using the old way of measuring it with RPIX).  Apparently, most people have fixed mortgages which means that until they come up for renewal, the inflation including home owners payments is lower.  But if you use available interest rates, then you get to 8% inflation.  Or something like that.  Anyway, the point being made is that in the old way of measuring it, the number would be much higher than the newer ways of making it look mild.  Personally I believe that anything real is due a big revalue this year.

I still hold my prediction that Silver will exceed last year's high within this first quarter.  Brave perhaps, but it's certainly possible once people come to realise that the ball is rolling and it's picking up pace.  Inflation is most certainly NOT transitory, and energy bills come April are going to rise sharply.  Most metals should do well this year, including steel.  The gold dip yesterday was a play on the Russia / Ukraine anti-climax.  But it wasn't really rising before because of the Russia hysteria so the dip is just a short lived excuse.  It's already moving upwards again, even as images of trains carrying tanks leaving the border region are being broadcast.  The real cause is inflation.  

I agree with the inflation rate being way higher than the reported rate. I'd stick it at double digits though personally.  I think that 8% is too low. But the shock is coming for home owners sadly when they come to renew.  How people can believe that inflation is transitory when more debt has been created in the last two short years than a 100 before that is frankly astounding. But then too many people believe the legacy media and governments...

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

2 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I think that 8% is too low. But the shock is coming for home owners sadly when they come to renew.  How people can believe that inflation is transitory when more debt has been created in the last two short years than a 100 before that is frankly astounding. But then too many people believe the legacy media and governments...

You could be right.  It's certainly very muddy waters on what the actual number is.  All by design.  The trick is that much of this inflation in borrowing costs is currently being smoothed by the fixed rate deals that most people have.  The rises are only just getting started.  But over the next two years, those deals will start to expire in ever larger numbers, raising up borrowing costs as a percentage of the whole nation's costs.  It's going to take a bit of time to bite, but it all adds in to my plan to sell my house no later than 2024.  A good proportion of those 3 and 5 year sweet deals, will be coming up for renegotiation around then.  Currently, most homeowners are insulated from that, and will only be starting to feel heat on their energy bills in April.  Two years from now is when the real trouble will kick in as energy and borrowing costs combine.  Rent's will start to rise to cover buy to let mortgages even as prices roll over as forced sales start to take place.

Currently though, housing is still a good bet despite the first hints of stormy skies.  Prices tend to climb a wall of worry for a very long time before jumping out the window.  In fact, large gains are generally made in the wall of worry stage, and I believe that we're in that stage right now.  But no one should take financial advice from me, I'm just a Russian bot on the internet!  :lol:

Regarding raw materials, they're clearly in short supply across the board.  Prices will have to rise to pay for the energy to produce them which is why I think everything real is going to do well this year.  Just remember to leave before the party turns rowdy in 2024/5

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

the shock is coming for home owners sadly when they come to renew.  

1 hour ago, silversky said:

those deals will start to expire in ever larger numbers, raising up borrowing costs as a percentage of the whole nation's costs. 

My Mortgage is coming up for review in july I think. I was locked in for 5 years and thought I was being clever. 

What shall I do as I could probably get a 15 year, but I guess the interest rate will be 3-4%? Thats still low isnt it, but will these things change that much considering the fed cant afford it to go up?? Im also considering going full term & putting my cash to work elsewhere. Might also take out a lump sum or over borrow as i can make 15% on the stock market blindfolded. Invest on the coming crash when people sell, sell gold & move my assets to buy a rental property as thats last to fall usually. Rent it out - keep it or sell it for 40% more. ;) 

What do we think about that as im not the most knowledgeable. @MancunianStacker
Also whats the earliest date I can get a deal with regards to accepting it before it expires? 
Makes sense to get it done asap. 

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

I agree with the inflation rate being way higher than the reported rate. I'd stick it at double digits though personally.  I think that 8% is too low. But the shock is coming for home owners sadly when they come to renew.  How people can believe that inflation is transitory when more debt has been created in the last two short years than a 100 before that is frankly astounding. But then too many people believe the legacy media and governments...

What does "transitory" even mean. We certainly are not going back to pre COVAIDS prices with all the new money chasing fewer goods, but the YOY rate may be a bit of a roller coaster over the next 5-10 years 🤷‍♂️

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

@stefffana mind is being teased getting so close yet so far. Dont worry not long till may now @stefffana

23 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

My Mortgage is coming up for review in july I think. I was locked in for 5 years and thought I was being clever. 

What shall I do as I could probably get a 15 year, but I guess the interest rate will be 3-4%? Thats still low isnt it, but will these things change that much considering the fed cant afford it to go up?? Im also considering going full term & putting my cash to work elsewhere. Might also take out a lump sum or over borrow as i can make 15% on the stock market blindfolded. Invest on the coming crash when people sell, sell gold & move my assets to buy a rental property as thats last to fall usually. Rent it out - keep it or sell it for 40% more. ;) 

What do we think about that as im not the most knowledgeable. @MancunianStacker
Also whats the earliest date I can get a deal with regards to accepting it before it expires? 
Makes sense to get it done asap. 

I certainly can't advise you on that.  Too many balls up in the air.  All I know is that a crash will come, no matter what they try to do.  Everything is about cycles.  Our whole lives are cycles, our civilisations go through generational cycles, and in the end there is always a collapse and rebirth.  It is the human spirit and mood which drives everything.  When people become obsessed with a particular boondoggle in late stage civilisation, energy is directed in a direction which ultimately pulls something else apart.  The zero carbon goals are a perfect example.  There is absolutely no valid science behind the zero carbon goals, yet we are gayly destroying our ability to heat, cloth and feed ourselves, all for the sake of a nonsensical pet project.  When the time comes, we'll deserve natures wrath.

Hubris is what causes chancellors and central bankers to believe that they've magically cured nature.  But nature always has the last laugh.  To be honest, I don't think many of them really do believe that they can tame the financial sea, they're just playing their own selfish part in the grand show.  They pretty much all know that one day it will all come to an end, but in the meantime they get to look important and make bank for their offspring.

The only advice I can give (pretty much worthless I know), is to view everything in cycles, and to try to see where a new cycle is beginning.  Be alert to the end of an old cycle by looking to rough timescales from history.  History doesn't repeat, but it certainly rhymes.  Land prices are a prime example of that.  Things are similar but never the same and generals often wrongly try to fight the last war.  So in the next collapse, even though credit is off the scale, it may well not be credit which sets off a collapse, and it won't fall in the same way it did in 2007.  No doubt significant work will be done to repeat the fixes from last time, but this time something else will be rotten away before it's come to everyone's attention.  It's never the same because too many people remember the last time and plan accordingly for the last war.  This includes ordinary citizens, who start to become risk averse to get ahead of the game.