• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

14 hours ago, Minimalist said:

We need to go back to production, if we dont we are truly f*cked.

Buying up expensive used cars and insane properties is completely unsustainable. Its getting worse and this "transitory" p*sh is keeping the illusion that its all milk and honey and the price of metals is legitimate. Sick of this zombie economy.

Totally agree with you on this. Erosion of wealthy for the masses with ever increasing controls from our Western Governments, you really couldn't make this stuff up!

What annoys me most is we are told we have wonderful innovation sectors in this Country and then we offshore the production to be stolen...

For those who hated Donald Trump, you can kinda see his point now.

New World order coming controlled by the East, we are walking into a trap.

8 hours ago, Fishy321 said:

A more dramatic, negative, house price correction should have already happened it's more artificial than the price of silver imo... my biggest worry is the national debt levels, I guess, as money can be created out of nothing, it could be inflated away as there's no intention of ever getting debt free... 

You have economic and political commentators telling us that the increase in prices is because the economy is doing better. Its an asylum out there.

2 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

You have economic and political commentators telling us that the increase in prices is because the economy is doing better. Its an asylum out there.

Agreed, was it Pelosi that said that pay rises are pushing up inflation? :wacko:

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Just now, Minimalist said:

Major financial institutions, political people, international corporations etc

People believe it while their wages stagnate.

It's mad! If only we had the media that did their job in questioning this properly instead of recycling this pish

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

Just now, Minimalist said:

They would get fired. 

Sadly that is the corrupt elite society we find ourselves in. 

1 hour ago, Minimalist said:

Money is coming from the arrival of foreign cash that's helping to boost prices.  Lot's of money coming from Hong Kong (a lot more to come), and things will continue like this until immigration either dries up, or capsizes the boat.  There is absolutely zero chance of a proper government, or of an opposition, who will finally put a stop to this enormous disaster.  Zero chance.  So plan accordingly.  They are suppressing a fire by hosing fuel on.  It actually works for a while and they'll try hard (against the will of the British people) to increase immigration to keep that dependent flow of foreign cash coming, but in the end it won't be enough, and suddenly the flames will take hold.

I keep saying it, but 2024/25 is my timeframe to see property tank based on the cyclical price of land and new large folly properties due to complete.  Add two years of pain before a rough bottom can safely be bought, and you're looking at 2026/7 to take on a property debt.  Just my opinion of course and not advice.  In the meantime it's best sticking with stacking, and chilling for the day when those with some "real money" savings, can go out and pick up a nice place on the cheap.  It will come.  It always does.  And it's NEVER "different this time".

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

3 minutes ago, CANV said:

Well is a bit different.  This time there is another zero on the end of all the numbers 

The "different this time" is a reference to those who say they've cured it altogether.  The Gordon Browns of this world, who proclaim that they've cured boom and bust.  That the end of history is here! etc etc.  The Hubris of that monkey is off the scale.

But the magnitude of a decline is a whole different variable and one which is most certainly different each outing.  Harmonics echo back through ten generations in a civilisation, with many similar patterns and mindsets being repeated across the growth and collapse phases of different ancient civilisations.  We manage today to rhyme with many of those same mindsets and I recommend a short book called "The fate of Empires" by Sir John Glubb which was written in the 70's.  It's a treatise on how an empire (or civilisation) grows and collapses, and it's an exploration as to whether it's possible to avoid the collapse at the end.  He compares a number of different empires and explores their common features and durations.  He was exploring the option of whether the EU might kick off a new civilisation in the west which would hold things together for a reboot.  A bit like the second Roman Empire did.  Obviously that's not panning out but pretty much the rest of the predictions are coming true.

Given the order of magnitude of the multiple problems stacking up just now, it does seem reasonable to expect something a bit more severe is brewing.  I fear that the globalist cabal will try to start a war this time to cover up their tracks.  But who knows.

1 hour ago, silversky said:

Money is coming from the arrival of foreign cash that's helping to boost prices.  Lot's of money coming from Hong Kong (a lot more to come), and things will continue like this until immigration either dries up, or capsizes the boat.  There is absolutely zero chance of a proper government, or of an opposition, who will finally put a stop to this enormous disaster.  Zero chance.  So plan accordingly.  They are suppressing a fire by hosing fuel on.  It actually works for a while and they'll try hard (against the will of the British people) to increase immigration to keep that dependent flow of foreign cash coming, but in the end it won't be enough, and suddenly the flames will take hold.

I keep saying it, but 2024/25 is my timeframe to see property tank based on the cyclical price of land and new large folly properties due to complete.  Add two years of pain before a rough bottom can safely be bought, and you're looking at 2026/7 to take on a property debt.  Just my opinion of course and not advice.  In the meantime it's best sticking with stacking, and chilling for the day when those with some "real money" savings, can go out and pick up a nice place on the cheap.  It will come.  It always does.  And it's NEVER "different this time".

Agree. The English and Welsh will be more exposed than Scotland *if we get independence. Which in effect will hurt your currency.

But I agree. We Scots are lucky, if I was English I would be proper scared.

1 hour ago, CANV said:

Well is a bit different.  This time there is another zero on the end of all the numbers 

Do you think this is sustainable?

For anyone whos interested in the truth. Charlie Munger has now admitted (yesterday) hes scared of this inflation and will cause a total collapse at apocalyptic proportions.

No wonder him and others (Dialo) are pro-China? They know it deep down that the US/West is finished.

All the infantile behaviour, "milk and honey" schizophrenia, denial, will never suppress the reality that all fiat ends.

I fear the low interest-debt insanity junkies will go to war like a wild maniac, willing to push all buttons out of fear of going cold turkey. 

China will swoop in and buy up all productive aspects of the Western economy. China will rise naturally into an Empire where the West will be forced into being an economic slave of its own doing. All that printing insanty kills and deep down we Westeners know it. All the Economic Forums of the world wont change a thing. China is going to steer the way. Keep stacking gentlemen.

1 minute ago, Minimalist said:

China will swoop in and buy up all productive aspects of the Western economy. China will rise naturally into an Empire where the West will be forced into being an economic slave of its own doing. All that printing insanty kills and deep down we Westeners know it. All the Economic Forums of the world wont change a thing. China is going to steer the way. Keep stacking gentlemen.

If (when) it plays out like this, what will our stack give us? Passage to China?

Just now, Darr3nG said:

If (when) it plays out like this, what will our stack give us? Passage to China?

Our stacks will be marked in the price China sets us. Just dont be in dollar denominated assets, they will be hyperinflated/worthless and cheap in comparison to Chinas reserve status (most likely some sort of Gold or semi Gold orientated-crypto).

2 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Our stacks will be marked in the price China sets us. Just dont be in dollar denominated assets, they will be hyperinflated/worthless and cheap in comparison to Chinas reserve status (most likely some sort of Gold or semi Gold orientated-crypto).

Our purchasing power (stack) will be set by China, but then again so will many of those things (productive aspects of the Western economy) we may wish to purchase. Definitely better off than those without a stack, but still not a great outlook.

19 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

I would lock in as long as possible as long as you’re happy with the monthly repayment amount. Is it’s affordable today, it should be in the future, right?

5 years ago you were doing the right thing, but bad timing sees the rates starting to increase.

People forget that the BOE base rate was 4% not that long ago and the average since 1970 is more like 8%. It is currently 0.5% only!!! Let that sink in for a moment.

Now the banks always make their margin over and above the BOE base rate because they have to hedge the late they fix you for and the longer the more it costs. I’ve been overpaying on interest on my mortgage at 2.89% for 3 years but now I have 7 years fixed at this, so I’m happy.

In July you could fix for the full term with Habito One https://help.habito.com/en/articles/5016566-habito-one-interest-rates b it you have to go direct to them. The rates are higher but it’s like having a 10 year warranty on a new car.

You can raise extra capital at the same time and as long as it’s affordable today, all should be fine. 👍🏻 

tbh I’d like to fix mine today for 25 years but I have 7 years left myself so I’m stuck and hoping it will be low in 2029 😱 

I've got 7yrs left on mine as well. 7yrs is a long time and hopefully enough time to ride this wave. 

Just now, Darr3nG said:

Our purchasing power (stack) will be set by China, but then again so will many of those things (productive aspects of the Western economy) we may wish to purchase. Definitely better off than those without a stack, but still not a great outlook.

China know the resources are key to it. English speaking countries around them (Australia) have signed off their resources to them. They know the apex of their manufacturing will in turn give them a wedge to silently purchase Western assets at our own cost - you see it in London, New York and other major Western Cities. The CCP and Russians are laughing at this, playing chess against us, building their nations with lowish debt positions, letting financial institutions fall, letting the organic side of things grow as much as possible and strategically moving reserves into Western Cities and land.

They know we are on life support while most Westerners (around 700million of us) are completely schizophrenic.

Having that Gold will give us the ability to maneuver in some way and most importantly preserve wealth.

I firmly believe this Bitcoin and Green revolution are Trojan Horses, but my generation are under the illusion that its righteous and justified. These are nothing more than instruments to keep the anti-China narrative up. Green energy requires specific resources in countries that coincide with the middle east, eastern europe and parts of africa.

A simple look at populations in the East will tell you they have enough to wait and wait and wait and wait and wait until we burn like Rome (which will happen).

So, I think we should all go into decentralised states (anti-EU, anti-Globalist, anti-Western), go back to production and build real wealth with monetary policy. Logic tells you thats how it should go right? The chinese are going to start shipping stuff back to the metropole as a return to the most modern point of empire. We cant compete, its over.

29 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

We'll be able to buy a sh*t load of Opium :D 

8 minutes ago, CANV said:

I’m not disagreeing with anyone on here , I’m saying it is different this time because it’s worse 

Aye. The ones who are in denial are the ones with skin in the game. They know they have chose the wrong bet (housing/real estate #1) and are dependent on that life support. When it crashes raw material and land will be cheap. I can see China building ports in the West on their terms with our money lol.

6 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

China know the resources are key to it. English speaking countries around them (Australia) have signed off their resources to them. They know the apex of their manufacturing will in turn give them a wedge to silently purchase Western assets at our own cost - you see it in London, New York and other major Western Cities. The CCP and Russians are laughing at this, playing chess against us, building their nations with lowish debt positions, letting financial institutions fall, letting the organic side of things grow as much as possible and strategically moving reserves into Western Cities and land.

They know we are on life support while most Westerners (around 700million of us) are completely schizophrenic.

Having that Gold will give us the ability to maneuver in some way and most importantly preserve wealth.

I firmly believe this Bitcoin and Green revolution are Trojan Horses, but my generation are under the illusion that its righteous and justified. These are nothing more than instruments to keep the anti-China narrative up. Green energy requires specific resources in countries that coincide with the middle east, eastern europe and parts of africa.

A simple look at populations in the East will tell you they have enough to wait and wait and wait and wait and wait until we burn like Rome (which will happen).

So, I think we should all go into decentralised states (anti-EU, anti-Globalist, anti-Western), go back to production and build real wealth with monetary policy. Logic tells you thats how it should go right? The chinese are going to start shipping stuff back to the metropole as a return to the most modern point of empire. We cant compete, its over.

You only need to look at how Russia has reduced it's USD denominated Foreign Reserves. That should tell you something. And they've boosted their gold holdings. 
The green revolution is and always was a non-starter, something to further divide and conquer the commoners with. You only need to look at how dirty lithium mining is and the total carbon footprint of wind turbines and electric cars are to see that it's a fools errand to believe in it. I openly admit to having been hoodwinked by it for several years when I was more naïve 

2 minutes ago, Gruff said:

You only need to look at how Russia has reduced it's USD denominated Foreign Reserves. That should tell you something. And they've boosted their gold holdings. 
The green revolution is and always was a non-starter, something to further divide and conquer the commoners with. You only need to look at how dirty lithium mining is and the total carbon footprint of wind turbines and electric cars are to see that it's a fools errand to believe in it. I openly admit to having been hoodwinked by it for several years when I was more naïve 

Any nation with half a brain would be dumping dollars for Gold or land (with resources under it that is productive for global trade).

I swear to god there is a Financial Times interview here with Putin, telling them they are building up Gold positions. The reaction is incredible they are under the illusion that its baffling from the Western journalists point of view (an indication of conditioning).

Completely agree with that assessment. People my age (30-35) or my group 'millennials' are shocked that it will cost more in the long run, they have swallowed the propaganda and refuse to believe they arent victims of a strategic ploy.

I still to this day cannot get over how we Westerners arent building relations with Russia after the post-Soviet era. Aye, the Soviet thing is finished and was a complete disgrace - it really serves no purpose for us to continue down this enemy narrative of viewing Russians as some sort of foe - they should be our partners now. All this outrage from Americans that Russia is supplying Europe with energy deals and going up to the Arctic in their jurisdiction for more oil/gas resources is a joke. Who gives a f*ck what the Americans want.

2 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Exactly.  Once you realise that CO2 is not the cause of any variability in the planet's temperature (lots of physics Nobel laureates discuss and prove this in lectures but no one pays them the slightest bit of attention), a whole new understanding of why the madness is taking place is possible.  It was always about tax and about creating a new and expensive industry.  It's easy to get people to pay more if they think they're saving the world.  In reality though, they're just being milked.