• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

1 minute ago, silversky said:

Exactly.  Once you realise that CO2 is not the cause of any variability in the planet's temperature (lots of physics Nobel laureates discuss and prove this in lectures but no one pays them the slightest bit of attention), a whole new understanding of why the madness is taking place is possible.  It was always about tax and about creating a new and expensive industry.  It's easy to get people to pay more if they think they're saving the world.  In reality though, they're just being milked.

Indeed! And also when you look at all climate models that are supportive of this narrative, they all amazingly ignore that small glowing balls of hydrogen and helium in the sky as well.
Also have a look online for loads of pictures of sea levels from 100 years ago and to today. Indiscernible difference. And a final thing to state, would people like Barak Obama being buying beach front for $12 million if there was a chance that his kids wouldn't be able to sell it at a profit in 20 or 30 years time. No chance, they are all about the $$ bills!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

I see that Gold is trying hard in USD to break above that psychological 1900 level.  Could be another bounce back down on the cards but who knows.  If it pops then silver really should start to pick up a bit more interest.  On the Silver GDP chart, this rise looks rather corrective. But if gold leads the way through 1900, then that could all change.  It's certainly approaching the end of this long triangle.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

1 minute ago, silversky said:

I see that Gold is trying hard in USD to break above that psychological 1900 level.  Could be another bounce back down on the cards but who knows.  If it pops then silver really should start to pick up a bit more interest.  On the Silver GDP chart, this rise looks rather corrective. But if gold leads the way through 1900, then that could all change.  It's certainly approaching the end of this long triangle.

I've been watching this with growing interest too over the last week with gold looking like, and then breaking through the upper trend line. 
I agree that if gold goes, that could be the spring needed for silver.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

1 minute ago, Gruff said:

I've been watching this with growing interest too over the last week with gold looking like, and then breaking through the upper trend line. 
I agree that if gold goes, that could be the spring needed for silver.

It's running out of room in the big triangle to decide which way it's going to break.  While interest rates are still so low, and inflation is clearly so high, I just can't see it breaking down.  I thought there might be a spike down briefly a few weeks ago, but it never materialised.  Maybe it won't!

3 hours ago, Minimalist said:

Green energy requires specific resources in countries that coincide with the middle east, eastern europe and parts of africa.

Replace the word "green" in that statement with "fossil fuels" and the geography remains true, so it's kind of a moot point.

45 minutes ago, Martlet said:

It was different the last few times.  You may have noticed no proper property market correction for 30 years despite two recessions and a stock market crash.

I refer you back to my post about wee Gogs and his claim to have cured boom and bust.  That was a case of extreme hubris.  He most certainly was in the "it's different this time" camp.  ie. the "it can't happen because we've fixed it" brigade.

Of course it's different in terms of force and magnitude.  But that wasn't the point.  The point was that one will definitely come no matter what they try to do and that they come cyclically.  I believe it will come around the middle of this decade but I'm open to hear reasons why I might be wrong on the timing.

4 minutes ago, silversky said:

I refer you back to my post about wee Gogs and his claim to have cured boom and bust.  That was a case of extreme hubris.  He most certainly was in the "it's different this time" camp.  ie. the "it can't happen because we've fixed it" brigade.

Of course it's different in terms of force and magnitude.  But that wasn't the point.  The point was that one will definitely come no matter what they try to do and that they come cyclically.  I believe it will come around the middle of this decade but I'm open to hear reasons why I might be wrong on the timing.

Certainly agree about Brown.  However recent history does tell us things are different, for other reasons.  Better to come to terms with change rather than insist it must be how we think it should be. 

1 minute ago, Martlet said:

However recent history does tell us things are different, for other reasons.  Better to come to terms with change rather than insist it must be how we think it should be. 

You have echo'd this theme, but where? The leverage is beyond insane and its not tight.

14 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Will that involve returning to 20 shillings to the £?  Hopefully using silver coinage, will help the silver price. 

It will be wishful thinking for us wanting some sort of honest monetary policy (tied to metals) - it should be since we produce more than consume. But from my knowledge, a currency group has been created and its pro-fiat. That Silver price will probably get hammered as per usual.

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Just broke £19 🤸‍♂️🤣

You jinxed it! :lol:

41 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

its-been84years-titanic.gif.bf4b22b92689fd32fcd0eb23abcaa3a8.gif

And it's still below half of it's ATH :D