• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

1 hour ago, Nick1368 said:

OMG madness, so happy that I bought 8oz in January at £1200

I am happy I bought 8 oz £1138 in late December 2019. I am even more happy I switch my entire portfolio in India from Nifty 50 to Money market Bonds in the middle January, stock markets sea of red Dow 800 point down and US Markets 3 and half hours before opening. Will we see 1,000 point drop in day for the Dow?.....

image.png.cffe89997dced976b487ab6bec39f14f.png

The VIX volatility index 30% higher.

image.png.d351ee9b979ce07f4ae5940d1c34013b.png

NASDAQ bubble has finally popped.

Edited by Abyss

2 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

anyone notice that HGM  have dropped what they pay for 1oz gold coins this morning.     not sure if this is a mistake, trying to make advantage of sellers or they thing it will fall as quick as it went up

I've also noticed that they are paying significantly lower prices on 1/2 and 1/4oz compared to the 1oz coin. Normally there's a little bias towards the 1oz coins but it's definitely increased significantly.

6 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

I've also noticed that they are paying significantly lower prices on 1/2 and 1/4oz compared to the 1oz coin. Normally there's a little bias towards the 1oz coins but it's definitely increased significantly.

They always paid less for the 1/2 oz. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

16 minutes ago, goluckystayhappy said:

Quite amusing reading the comments section on the Beebs record gold price article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51612520#comp-comments-button

About what I expected for a BBC article.  Roughly 25% split between clueless, bitter, Brexit and Bitcoin.

20 minutes ago, goluckystayhappy said:

Quite amusing reading the comments section on the Beebs record gold price article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51612520#comp-comments-button

Some pretty amusing comments indeed. Always find it interesting when something is brought to someone’s attention and they instantly have a opinion based on no fact or information.

Was almost tempted to reply to this guys stupid comments.  Kind of missing the point of buying gold.

63. Posted byHazyDavey

on3 minutes ago

If you're buying gold, buy in an Exchange Traded Fund (it's like buying shares). You don't have to physically buy the gold bars

Despite this gold related news, today is probably a good day to be buying FTSE 100 shares, as prices are lower, rather than chasing the gold price

11 minutes ago, trp said:

Some pretty amusing comments indeed. Always find it interesting when something is brought to someone’s attention and they instantly have a opinion based on no fact or information.

London Paul of the Sirius Report commented on the spike in the tonnage of the gold exports from the UK and that they equated to the alleged remaining UK reserves.
Did the UK sell the remaining gold? That spike of gold came out of someone's vault. Was this a last ditched attempt to stem the rise of gold or was the UK just skint?

Funny the BBC does a 'programme' just around the time - none of this programming occurs by accident.
One of my more grounded theories i would say.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Price as i expected hits the other side of the Andrew's fork. 
What next? - i would expect a little pull back and then up and through and then we really are in uncharted waters.
Price could just keep ploughing on into those uncharted waters.

download.png

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

11 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Did the UK sell the remaining gold? That spike of gold came out of someone's vault. Was this a last ditched attempt to stem the rise of gold or was the UK just skint?

Funny the BBC does a 'programme' just around the time - none of this programming occurs by accident.
One of my more grounded theories i would say.

Very interesting questions to mull over. Not a far fetched theory at all, and in fact something that has crossed my mind. A lot of news appears to me to be ‘non news’ and more public conditioning - things to ease the mind and opinion. 

5 minutes ago, trp said:

Very interesting questions to mull over. Not a far fetched theory at all, and in fact something that has crossed my mind. A lot of news appears to me to be ‘non news’ and more public conditioning - things to ease the mind and opinion. 

Panem et circenses - Bread and circus.
Nothing really changes - nothing new under the Sun.

However real the COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic/pandemic is i think it is a cover or being used as a cover for a lot of mischief. The USD- Treasury complex is crumbling - King Dollar is virtually dead and the paper palace about to be blown away by some cold winds from the East.

Edited by sixgun

As anticipated - price hit the other side of my Andrew's fork and as i said i expected a pull back. There is blood in the water now. There are so many plates spinning the usual suspects don't have the ability and resources to keep them all spinning. Notice the indices are recovering as gold falls - selling one to buy the other. Oh the tears when it all finally unwinds. 

Stack your gold and stack your food - ensure you can get water and then watch the spectacle in the Colosseum. 

Edited by sixgun

As i said we will start seeing the gold adverts - it's like 2010/11 all over again....

16 hours ago, goldking said:

The price also sets a new record, breaking the all-time record high of £1278.06 from 3/9/19.  :blink:  I wonder if it'll get a mention on the TV news?  If it does, price will get pumped higher as more people jump onboard.

Gold was just mentioned in the BBC News - but the price on the screen was 1633.7.  They did not state the currency, but in dollars it is currently $1673, so their figure was totally meaningless - good old BBC.

6 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Gold was just mentioned in the BBC News - but the price on the screen was 1633.7.  They did not state the currency, but in dollars it is currently $1673, so their figure was totally meaningless - good old BBC.

Yes, you can always rely on the BBC to be completely useless at everything, mind you it would be worse if we were all forced to pay the License fee, hang on a minute...