• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

53 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

Who smashed gold yesterday afternoon? Let's 'round up the usual suspects'

<snip>

Shuggy, a couple of interesting comments picked out:

"OPTIONS EXPIRE TOMORROW. COULD BE A RESCUE MISSION FOR SOMEBODY CAUGHT SHORT." ?

"Yes absolutely this is all about minimizing losses on the expiry of Comex options. Shame because just for once it would be a thing of beauty to watch the Bullion Banks taken behind the wood shed for a taste of their own medicine."

Bullion Banks you say?  Who is the largest gold trust?  SPDR Gold Trust.  Who is their custodian?  HSBC.  Remind me again of their current financial health? ......... :blink:

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

Who mentioned gold as an actual circulating currency?

When a fiat currency collapses it's value tends to zero - the 1932 £1 was a sovereign. i see sovereigns changing hands for £300+ now. So the modern £1 is one three hundredth of the 1932 £1. These would have appeared ridiculous numbers but they are reality now. The pace of that change has been accelerating - the last time i put this to you it was about one two hundredth and fortieth.

There will be gold backed crypto currency systems. The gold will be vaulted and the crypto coins will circulate. This is what will happen over the next few years. 

No point putting forward arguments about gold and silver coins in circulation - i haven't seen members here proposing that is no point creating a straw man to knock down.

we've been using fiat currency for over 70 years now.

what are the odds that it will collapse in the next few

years?

dotcom burst, housing market crisis have yet to make

it collapse.

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

4 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Bbp "high demand banner"

Well of course.  No better way to drum up business than by creating some hysteria for the FOMO lot.  They are one of the more expensive dealers too. :rolleyes:

Added 0 minutes later...
1 minute ago, paolo said:

Anyone know why gold and silver are going so much down today with stocks going down too and panic increasing?!

See the post from Shuggy a few hours ago.

24 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

we've been using fiat currency for over 70 years now.

what are the odds that it will collapse in the next few years?

dotcom burst, housing market crisis have yet to make it collapse.

HH

We have been on a full fiat system since the dollar came off the gold standard in 1971.
As i explained - there were fixed exchange rates - currencies were linked to the dollar and the dollar was convertible into gold.
So only since 1971 have been had a full fiat system. 

What are the odds the fiat system will collapse in the next few years?

i would say as a percentage over 95% certain it will blow up. 

The Fed is doing QE right now. It denies it is doing QE but it is hosing $billions every night into the Repo system and every dollar gets taken.  The Emperor is wearing no clothes even if no-one will say so - the Fed is doing QE even if the officials won't say so.
Short dated Treasury notes are being dumped.  The dollar is being rejected - the US sanctions the world and it is a surprise that the dollar is rejected. The US has weaponised the USD and the world is sick of it. The yield curve is inverting. Interest rates on $trillions of government bonds are negative. The Fed can't raise rates and likely they will drop. The Fed claims inflation is below 2% - that is ridiculous - look at property prices, look at stock prices (except in the last few days) - look at people's cost of living - the USA rate of inflation is well over 10%. If the truth were told the interest rates would have to rised very significantly and the system would come down very rapidly. There are $trillions of dark money - the missing $21 trillion is only the start. There are $trillion of Eurodollars the Fed has not control over. A massive debt orgy where everyone has caught the clap.

The real indicators are flashing red, the sirens are sounding. The Titanic is sinking and the band keeps playing in case it scares the passengers. When the end comes it will be blamed on this that and anything but the gross criminality and utter mismanagement of the world economy. Perhaps this is the end - this COVID-19 epidemic - pandemic - this will be blamed - confidence falters and the house of cards starts tumbling. We are way way down the road and near the end. 

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 minutes ago, goldking said:

:rolleyes: The bull market is not over at all.  Patience..

I have all the patience In the world....I have traded for 30 years...but we are in unchartered waters at the moment...a lot of people are about to lose an awful lot of money imho...just make sure you are not one of them...

10 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

I have all the patience In the world....I have traded for 30 years...but we are in unchartered waters at the moment...a lot of people are about to lose an awful lot of money imho...just make sure you are not one of them...

This bull market is far from over, it is merely beginning. To have a better view, look at the long term chart. I'd venture a guess that within 5 years from now the price of gold would be double what it is now. You can print this out, date stamp and hang on your wall ;)

43 minutes ago, paolo said:

Anyone know why gold and silver are going so much down today with stocks going down too and panic increasing?!

Selling of PMs by the big boys to meet margin calls, usd/cad about to break through major resistance as a flight to safety in the dollar overwhelms the rumour that the Fed will cut rates, technical shorting from resistance areas hit yesterday, 3 billion dump on Crimex, the usual Satanists at BIS, chill out, go to sleep for 5-10 years, wake up and retire, you'll be fine

7 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

This bull market is far from over, it is merely beginning. To have a better view, look at the long term chart. I'd venture a guess that within 5 years from now the price of gold would be double what it is now. You can print this out, date stamp and hang on your wall ;)

Hi..when I said the bull market is over, I did not mean for gold..I meant for equities...as to what will happen to the POG who knows...If the playing field was level, gold would have rocketed today but it didn’t...it is a crooked market for sure...

1 minute ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Hi..when I said the bull market is over, I did not mean for gold..I meant for equities...as to what will happen to the POG who knows...If the playing field was level, gold would have rocketed today but it didn’t...it is a crooked market for sure...

Oh I see, my apologies, didn't read carefully. And yes. I agree.

21 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Nah, I don't agree.  A pull back was always going to happen after such a sudden increase.  Look at the historical charts - it's done it every time, bumbled along at some artibrary point of resistance for a while and then started up the next ladder to a new high.  I agree with Bob above, there are margin calls to meet so there's a good chance we'll see drops til the end of the month.  I think if it gets down that far it'll hit resistance at £1220.  I don't think anyone holding physical is going to lose money in the mid to long term :) .

16 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Nail your colours to the mast in my predictions thread I started earlier :

Everyone join in, it's just a bit of fun. :)

31 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

1 hour ago, Kookaburracollector said:

The bull market is over..I am now using CFD’s to short just about everything. Change the way you think people..make money as asset prices fall...that’s what the professionals do...join them...Use the profits to buy physical. 

now is not a good time to be calling tops.

the current drop is already showing signs of

putting in at least a temporary bottom soon.

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

7 hours ago, sixgun said:

@HawkHybrid it is clear we never agreed about these things. You will come to realise sixgun was right. It might be 2020, it might be a couple of years off but it will not be decades or centuries away. The USD is being rejected massively - Saudi is selling oil in Yuan and has been since September 2018 - something that would have been unthinkable - short dated Treasury notes are being dumped. Foreigners are net sellers of Treasuries. The pace is picking up. The pace of change is in nanoseconds - on September 11th 2008 (a certain irony in the date) there was an electronic run on the banks. The system would have collapsed by the afternoon if steps to shut it down and prop it up had not occurred. It is too big now - the problems were never addressed they just got worse.

You are saving in gold - you are doing exactly the right thing. However much we disagree you will be alright as long as you have taken other prepper precautions. 

I agree with @sixgun , I think gold has it’s best days ahead of it rather than behind it and I think there will come a day that you can’t Buy an ounce of bullion gold for less than £10,000 and that day is not centuries or decades away, it’s around the corner, maximum 5 years from now, an economy crash is inevitable at this point, that’s what I think.

so I wouldn’t hesitate buying gold now just because spot Price has gone from  £1150 in December to £1250 in February.

Gold price will continue to rise at a much faster pace than ever before and it won’t look back.

9 hours ago, bullionbob said:

Selling of PMs by the big boys to meet margin calls, usd/cad about to break through major resistance as a flight to safety in the dollar overwhelms the rumour that the Fed will cut rates, technical shorting from resistance areas hit yesterday, 3 billion dump on Crimex, the usual Satanists at BIS, chill out, go to sleep for 5-10 years, wake up and retire, you'll be fine

Then i would retire at 40😄

Gold finding its feet again after the b1tch slapping it got down to the low £1250s a couple of days ago.  Back up to £1282 as I write.  Who's taking bets for how high it will go until the BIS do another big dump? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, goldking said:

Gold finding its feet again after the b1tch slapping it got down to the low £1250s a couple of days ago.  Back up to £1282 as I write.  Who's taking bets for how high it will go until the BIS do another big dump? :rolleyes:

back to £1300 again by 5 pm today