• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

12 minutes ago, theman73 said:

I don't need the physical, I just want to trade the way up.

If the case why pick yesterday to buy?

Sorry couldn't help it, carry on 😁

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

33 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Because I believe PMs are undervalued and whenever day you buy at some point, it will go up

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

Just now, Paul said:

National Football League GIF by NFL SNL gif. Black and white. Kenan Thompson, wearing a pageboy hat and old-timey clothes, yells, "Boo!!!" SpongeBob gif. Patrick shouts "booo" and gives a thumbs down at Mr. Krabs, who appears indifferent.

Then wen moooooooon! 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

1 hour ago, theman73 said:

Because I believe PMs are undervalued and whenever day you buy at some point, it will go up

Not really a great reason for buying mate IMHO carry on like that and you could find you have thousands locked up in an asset that's trading sideways or falling . Thousands that could be better allocated elsewhere      “Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.”John Maynard Keynes

Edited by BLOOMMAN101

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack

1 hour ago, ArgentSmith said:

Cheap sats available mate ... sorry, couldn't resist 😁

As for gold, wow, testing the supports as we speak around £1834/$2300

If $2300 goes, not to alarm anybody, the next stop is $2231 (1 month low) which is around £1780 ish. I think (hope) we bounce here, time will tell

There's a big sell-off happening today across just about everything. It's unusual for the S&P, NASDAQ, DOW, FTSE, DAX, CAC, MSCI Emerging, MSCI China, crypto, metals and oil to all be down in the same session. This is most definitely a sea of red:

Screenshot2024-04-30163900.png.1e8773ce35875afc6a68fc65d898944f.png

The only thing that's up today is the Japanese market (TOPIX/Nikkei 225) which is due to the carry trade and the ongoing destruction of the Yen (an orchestrated scam), along with bonds (USA/UK Treasuries/Gilts)

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

5 minutes ago, BLOOMMAN101 said:

Not really a great reason for buying mate IMHO carry on like that and you could find you have thousands locked up in an asset that's trading sideways or falling . Thousands that could be better allocated elsewhere      “Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.”John Maynard Keynes

I'm leveraged, so, in my opinion is worth a try.

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

Just now, ArgentSmith said:

This is why dry powder is an important part of "portfolio"

Hard to keep your powder dry when the buy/sell exists!

It is a good point though. If there is a dip in metals (this is not a dip, just volatility), then August-September might be a good time to have deep pockets and buy gold. I bought gold at that time last year and it worked out perfectly. I don't see a big dip in metals though as markets should have already priced in the Fed rate cuts, or lack thereof. According to the CME traders have priced in no cuts until November. The same thing happened a few months ago and people panicked when gold dipped, then it shot up almost 20%!! 

I like to be bullish when most people are pessimistic

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative