• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

21 minutes ago, Paul said:

Anyone selling up & cashing out ?? 

Bound to see some pullbacks along the way but the Party's just getting going. It's a no from me.

Edited by ArgentSmith

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

And just like that we're going for a £1950 weekend instead of a basic £1900. got to make you wonder what the hell is pushing the price. Or did I miss the 1929 style crash. 

1 minute ago, ZRPMs said:

And just like that we're going for a £1950 weekend instead of a basic £1900. got to make you wonder what the hell is pushing the price. Or did I miss the 1929 style crash. 

We'll be at £1929 shortly me thinks...

33 minutes ago, JamesH said:

To think, special delivery £2,500 insured post no longer fully covers 6 sovereigns!

Non-issue for me, prefer to buy and sell Britannia coins in person. The 3% round trip cost to be able to instantly inspect/buy/sell, none of the wrap, photo, record, insure ...etc. issues is worth it IMO. Just trade paper gold (ETF's) until there's enough to warrant swapping some out for physical.

Just now, Bratnia said:

Non-issue for me, prefer to buy and sell Britannia coins in person. The 3% round trip cost to be able to instantly inspect/buy/sell, none of the wrap, photo, record, insure ...etc. issues is worth it IMO. Just trade paper gold (ETF's) until there's enough to warrant swapping some out for physical.

You've never had a crush on your postman then..

£1916

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

You've never had a crush on your postman then..

£1916

Which one, change too often and regularly deliver mail to the wrong houses. Days of when you knew your local bobby and postman are gone, excepting perhaps in villages. I believe nowadays they're now timed at a walking (jogging) speed of 'productivity' so I guess if they're running behind schedule dumping a batch through one letterbox to leave it to the residents to deliver to each other is a common means for them to 'catch-up'.

Edited by Bratnia

1 minute ago, Darr3nG said:

I may be too cheap! 

Tbh dealer's must be the better option Currently 

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/sell-to-us/gold/gold-coins/gold-sovereign-coins/pre-owned-full-sovereign-gold-coin-mixed-dates

£439..not amazing but I can understand why there holding a little back.

20 minutes ago, Orpster said:

There are rumours of a possible bank failure today,

Best hope it is something like that, if it is the start of the collapse of the dollar were all up the creek and Gold wont save us :(

The UK will be as hurt by an dollar collapse as the US will

Metro?

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Tbh dealer's must be the better option Currently 

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/sell-to-us/gold/gold-coins/gold-sovereign-coins/pre-owned-full-sovereign-gold-coin-mixed-dates

£439..not amazing but I can understand why there holding a little back.

They've 1006 best value/price sovereigns available so they are not short of stock, that's nearly a half mill, (well might be by the end of the day)

Wonder if stuff is flying off the shelves or not ? 

3 minutes ago, dicker said:

Will be interesting to see if any dealers are actually open this weekend.

Will be a very busy hedging weekend. 

Aaaahhh😉

3 minutes ago, DisplayName said:

Calling it now - crash to happen at 1929.9

Yeah stick your crystal ball back in the dishwasher and try again.