• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Such a sad story and not once did these ungrateful nieces say anything nice about their uncle. They couldn't care less and just what they can do with the money. 

The uncle should have squandered it all and enjoyed his life. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm8YgFNVteQ

Never Chase and Never Regret 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

12 hours ago, Paul said:

Zerohedge, bullish on gold well ??

I'm shocked, SHOCKED

well not that shocked 

It’s a very good article, and summed up well in the last paragraph. 

But the FOMC will be interesting at 1800 U.K. time   

Not my circus, not my monkeys

22 hours ago, MBTPSilver said:

It's holding up well still. Could see some movement this week with interest rate meetings taking place. No rate change expected, but if the language from the Fed turns a bit dovish there could be some further moves upward for gold/silver. That would be Wednesday evening for us in Old Blighty.

Traders are betting on the opposite (they're betting on a more hawkish Fed). Last time I posted I was complaining about said traders who predicted a rate cut in March, which was never going to happen. That didn't stop them briefly weighing on the price of gold and silver. A similar thing could be about to unfold as the traders who were betting on March moved to May. Now the can has been kicked until June at the earliest (55% chance of cuts) from May (9% chance of cuts). Sorry, my bad, in the last 5 minutes the May odds have dropped to 5.8% for rate cuts and the June odds have increased to 60%:

CME FedWatch Tool - CME Group

There could possibly be a buying opportunity in the summer depending on how the rate cut winds blow, the summer being the seasonally low period for metals (thanks to @Bumble for the chart):

gold-price-seasonality.jpg.b45afffbb0ca973583ff30daf0ad3958.jpg.959d91bb7d9cd8df953997fda36426cb.jpg

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

16 minutes ago, dicker said:

It’s a very good article, and summed up well in the last paragraph. 

But the FOMC will be interesting at 1800 U.K. time   

I'm going against the crowd but I disagree with the last paragraph in this particular monetary iteration in the near term anyway, as historically credible and inevitable as the conclusions may be. Mr. Powell appears determined to "save the dollar" during his tenure. I believe we will know when the dollar is going down with one clear signal - the resignation of Jerome Powell. He wants to jump ship before they destroy the dollar so history can't accuse him of being responsible. We might possibly expect his resignation before the US elections. Just a thought.

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

2 minutes ago, Bumble said:

Historically, the Fed do not like to change interest rates within 2 to 3 months of an election, because it makes them look partisan. So, if rates are going to be cut, the summer is the last opportunity.

Not many people are talking about GBP, but by the end of the year there will be a Labour government in the UK, and this is not Tony Blair's Labour. Almost anything this government wants to do will send GBP plunging downwards. I honestly would not be surprised to see GBP below parity with USD within 3 years. Now is the time to get your savings out of GBP and into something else. Even USD would be a much better choice. CHF might be even better. Gold should be good. US blue chip stocks should be OK.

Diane 'abacus' Abbott as chancellor would be hilarious to watch. Think of guffs and mistakes 

Gold back to doing it's usual FOMC pre-meeting bounces

image.png.d6d04ae7b5c773ddb6f6fdb0d4c142b0.png

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/