• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

Hello all, I've got a question about Gold and Silver purchases in the EU, specifically Spain. Can anyone recommend some good companies to deal with
Also do you know if there are limits on purchases within the EU that then need to be reported?

Thanks 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

3 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Hello all, I've got a question about Gold and Silver purchases in the EU, specifically Spain. Can anyone recommend some good companies to deal with
Also do you know if there are limits on purchases within the EU that then need to be reported?

Thanks 

@sixgun might be the guy with Spanish info and importing.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

@sixgun might be the guy with Spanish info and importing.

Sweet thanks. I don't need to import. My other half's mom and step-dad live in Spain and I've managed to get them interested in looking at PMs as a way of getting FIAT out the banks. And some of their friends out here too. But early days so I'm just wanting to help them with some information local to Spain if I can, EU if nothing really in Spain.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

3 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Sweet thanks. I don't need to import. My other half's mom and step-dad live in Spain and I've managed to get them interested in looking at PMs as a way of getting FIAT out the banks. And some of their friends out here too. But early days so I'm just wanting to help them with some information local to Spain if I can, EU if nothing really in Spain.

If local, why declare? 

4 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Hopefully @sixgun can comment on the upper limit of yearly allowance before it gets flagged. Believe its 10k in the UK per year,can't imagine the EU will be too different though as we literally just left it.

Can always start with 5k to be safe.

23 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Thanks 

Might be worth a separate topic but but gold silver be and coininvest have been reliable within eu 

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

If local, why declare? 

Hopefully @sixgun can comment on the upper limit of yearly allowance before it gets flagged. Believe its 10k in the UK per year,can't imagine the EU will be too different though as we literally just left it.

Can always start with 5k to be safe.

@modofantasma travels like Doctor who.. can possibly offer insight. 

1 minute ago, modofantasma said:

Might be worth a separate topic but but gold silver be and coininvest have been reliable within eu 

Speak of the devil 😅

I have used goldsilver.be for delivery in Spain.
i have ordered well over the yearly HMRC limits from them when i was in the UK and nothing ever happened. i am talking multiples of the limit.
i have ordered more than the limit from other EU sellers and never any problems. 
Personally i have found GS.be to be sound - i know some have a different view on this - but i have been careful about what i ordered and always paid for what i ordered straightaway.
Parcels are sent as something else - i remember members said they were sent to them as medical supplies - i have had them sent as nails.
i am very doubtful GS.be tells Spain what is being sent and so there are no limits.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

54 minutes ago, sixgun said:

I have used goldsilver.be for delivery in Spain.
i have ordered well over the yearly HMRC limits from them when i was in the UK and nothing ever happened. i am talking multiples of the limit.
i have ordered more than the limit from other EU sellers and never any problems. 
Personally i have found GS.be to be sound - i know some have a different view on this - but i have been careful about what i ordered and always paid for what i ordered straightaway.
Parcels are sent as something else - i remember members said they were sent to them as medical supplies - i have had them sent as nails.
i am very doubtful GS.be tells Spain what is being sent and so there are no limits.

Many thanks

9 minutes ago, James32 said:

Great price, just received 5 today and can't complain at all.

Thanks for the tip, never heard of these guys, I will check out their website.

I'm currently waiting on this 3 gold sovereign coin set from Atkinsons.

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/sovereign-gold-coins-(1)/2002,-2012,-2022-uk-full-sovereign-3-gold-coin-j

I was looking to purchase from Chards but they didn't have them in stock. I've purchased precious metals from Atkinsons before so I already have an account with them, but I've never purchased from Chards so don't have an account and haven't been through KYC with them.

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

My one and only (never to be repeated experience) was paying 4% over spot for two coins one of which was not date range as described date and the other had massive dent and big green marker pen X on it.

Wont be using them again, I would say they were genuine sovs and delivered in an orderly manner, part from that sh1te experience.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

21 minutes ago, James32 said:

Great price, just received 5 today and can't complain at all.

Do tavex require you to complete KYC @James32?

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

Just now, jackflash123 said:

Do tavex require you to complete KYC @James32?

They may not on first order, but did with me on order 2.

Their payment system is farcical at best... 5 completed orders out of approx 10 attempts, they use the trustly app linked to your bank.

If ordering 2022 sovs you should be OK ( on most new stuff actually) but as @ArgentSmith said... on the older/pre owned stuff,it can be hit and miss. 

10 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

Thanks for the tip, never heard of these guys, I will check out their website.

I'm currently waiting on this 3 gold sovereign coin set from Atkinsons.

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/sovereign-gold-coins-(1)/2002,-2012,-2022-uk-full-sovereign-3-gold-coin-j

I was looking to purchase from Chards but they didn't have them in stock. I've purchased precious metals from Atkinsons before so I already have an account with them, but I've never purchased from Chards so don't have an account and haven't been through KYC with them.

That's a nice set 👌 

9 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

My one and only (never to be repeated experience) was paying 4% over spot for two coins one of which was not date range as described date and the other had massive dent and big green marker pen X on it.

Wont be using them again, I would say they were genuine sovs and delivered in an orderly manner, part from that sh1te experience.

Are you talking about Atkinsons or Tavex @ArgentSmith

Just now, jackflash123 said:

Are you talking about Atkinsons or Tavex @ArgentSmith

Tavex

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

That's a nice set 👌 

Yeah can't wait to get them 😍. I've got my sovereign buzz on.

1 minute ago, ArgentSmith said:

Tavex

Ok that doesn't sound good at all. A bad experience. You give negative feedback and @James32 gives positive feedback. Sounds like it could be a c**p chute? Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

14 minutes ago, James32 said:

That's a nice set 👌 

Strange though. My order status is now showing as Dispatched, but earlier today it said Payment Method Captured.

I was told I would be sent a confirmation email when the order was dispatched but I haven't received one, and I haven't received any tracking info. I don't know if they will be delivered tomorrow (Saturday) or Monday or Tuesday.

A bit of a wrinkle in their order notification process me thinks 🤔 

Edited by jackflash123
Typo

3 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

Ok that doesn't sound good at all. A bad experience. You give negative feedback and @James32 gives positive feedback. Sounds like it could be a c**p chute? Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

Not a disaster to be fair, they are billion dealers making a margin. Below par in my experience, the packaging impressed but that went straight in the bin. So for me id rather buy on here all day.

Just now, ArgentSmith said:

Not a disaster to be fair, they are billion dealers making a margin. Below par in my experience, the packaging impressed but that went straight in the bin. So for me id rather buy on here all day.

I completely agree, TSF is the best place hands down. Unfortunately I searched for those specific sovereigns on the forum and none were available. Maybe I should've put a Wanted post out, but I bought them while the spot price was close to its lowest dip so I acted on impulse and pulled the trigger.

20 minutes ago, James32 said:

They may not on first order, but did with me on order 2.

Their payment system is farcical at best... 5 completed orders out of approx 10 attempts, they use the trustly app linked to your bank.

If ordering 2022 sovs you should be OK ( on most new stuff actually) but as @ArgentSmith said... on the older/pre owned stuff,it can be hit and miss. 

Thanks for the heads up. That's really good to know. Can't get better info than asking someone who has recently placed an order with them 👍

So I’ve been taking to Tavex for the last few systems to buy some 5g Valicambi bars to fill my Valicambi red box was ordering and trustly  is awful. My bank rang me and warned me it could be fraud and locked my bank for abit to do checks on them but they seem to be a trusted dealer I think ? My plan was to purchase and pick up in person the website said it takes debit and credit cards but they don’t atm as they was hit by fraud I was told by of the worker guys. Seems abit iffy. The prices are amazing for them bars I can find them cheaper anyway else. Shame really as I would of been using them constantly. 

1 hour ago, Ukbullionfan said:

So I’ve been taking to Tavex for the last few systems to buy some 5g Valicambi bars to fill my Valicambi red box was ordering and trustly  is awful. My bank rang me and warned me it could be fraud and locked my bank for abit to do checks on them but they seem to be a trusted dealer I think ? My plan was to purchase and pick up in person the website said it takes debit and credit cards but they don’t atm as they was hit by fraud I was told by of the worker guys. Seems abit iffy. The prices are amazing for them bars I can find them cheaper anyway else. Shame really as I would of been using them constantly. 

@TavexBullion is a member of the forum. Perhaps you could reach out to them directly for a response.