• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

2 minutes ago, Brit2023 said:

They released a 3 coin premium set…..1/2, 1/4, 1/10, and a 3 coin set 1/4, 1/10 and 1/20.

Have you considered checking the boxes for the silver sets also?

I’d consider any royal mint branded box that would fit my three coins and look like they were meant to be there to be honest mate. I know I’ll likely have to buy new caps for them too, but I’m prepared for that lol

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

On 22/12/2023 at 13:26, paulmerton said:

Fabulous coin, difficult to shift. 

1 hour ago, Brit2023 said:

@bobski just to be clearer each side takes a quarter ounce brit and middle is a tenth

Close but no cigar. Cheers anyway bud

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

4 hours ago, Silverman2U said:

Fabulous coin, difficult to shift. 

I just can't imagine why anybody would have bought that in the first place, must have cost a fortune with mint premiums.  And I thought I was flushing money down the toilet with my 1oz silver tudor beasts!

23 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I just can't imagine why anybody would have bought that in the first place, must have cost a fortune with mint premiums.  And I thought I was flushing money down the toilet with my 1oz silver tudor beasts!

Me too!…. but the 1oz silvers are pretty… and affordable…. but yer we are still just flushing thr money ;) … but better than a crypto “sh*t coin” in my experience ;) 

17 hours ago, Silverman2U said:

Me too!…. but the 1oz silvers are pretty… and affordable…. but yer we are still just flushing thr money ;) … but better than a crypto “sh*t coin” in my experience ;) 

You can't eat crypto. 🤣 

36 minutes ago, Wileyfox said:

Shipping from Germany so there’s extra charges but still - QE2 sovs for spot + 1%

https://stonexbullion.com/en/gold-coins/sovereign/queen-elizabeth-ii-gold-sovereign-1957-2021/?change=1&curRate=pound_rate

What extra charges?

They seem to say a good fake is OK on their website.  Would be cautious buying from them.

Security

Not all fake sovereigns are created equal. Although the Royal Mint considers counterfeiting and fraud an extremely serious issue, Sovereign-mania particularly in the Middle East and India has bread a new generation of super forgers. Before the 1930s, fake coins contained very little valuable gold, and were consequently underweight, off-colour, of poor quality and not difficult to distinguish from a genuine gold sovereign. Today, millions of standard specifics (22 karat gold, weight) Elizabeth Gold Sovereigns are produced in factories all around the world. These coins are not worthless fakes, but copies produced for markets where original British Sovereigns are difficult to obtain if unavailable. Amazingly, many are alloyed with silver and are thus even more valuable than original Sovereigns. Mintmarks or trademarks indicate the manufacturer.

Never Chase and Never Regret 

10 minutes ago, Spyder said:

They seem to say a good fake is OK on their website.  Would be cautious buying from them.

Security

Not all fake sovereigns are created equal. Although the Royal Mint considers counterfeiting and fraud an extremely serious issue, Sovereign-mania particularly in the Middle East and India has bread a new generation of super forgers. Before the 1930s, fake coins contained very little valuable gold, and were consequently underweight, off-colour, of poor quality and not difficult to distinguish from a genuine gold sovereign. Today, millions of standard specifics (22 karat gold, weight) Elizabeth Gold Sovereigns are produced in factories all around the world. These coins are not worthless fakes, but copies produced for markets where original British Sovereigns are difficult to obtain if unavailable. Amazingly, many are alloyed with silver and are thus even more valuable than original Sovereigns. Mintmarks or trademarks indicate the manufacturer.

Is that Stonex? 
Exterminate Exterminate, as the Daleks would say. Heathens.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

14 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Security

That's wild!!

Burn them down

9 hours ago, Spyder said:

Security

*American accent* Thank you for your service to the TSF, we appreciate your sacrifice. *Salutes*

5 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Excellent price for a 1/2. Shame they aren’t that popular to buyers..

Just now, lst65 said:

Excellent price for a 1/2. Shame they aren’t that popular to buyers..

Compared to 1/4’s