• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

6 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Are they easy to distinguish from the base metal proofs?

Actually, I'd need to see one next to the silver proof probably. 

I think sometimes you can just tell when something is silver by the look, feel, taste and smell of it. 😅

An 1814 Paris 20 Francs with much lustre, Louis XIII dressed portrait. Quite hard to find an uncirculated sample. Of all Franc designs this and the Napoleon III shield back are my favourite. Cracked out from a PCGS MS63 and spots/grease removed.

IMG_9297.jpg

IMG_9296.jpg

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

An 1814 Paris 20 Francs with much lustre, Louis XIII dressed portrait. Quite hard to find an uncirculated sample. Of all Franc designs this and the Napoleon III shield back are my favourite.

IMG_9297.jpg

IMG_9296.jpg

That is wonderful congrats what a piece 

4 minutes ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

An 1814 Paris 20 Francs with much lustre, Louis XIII dressed portrait. Quite hard to find an uncirculated sample. Of all Franc designs this and the Napoleon III shield back are my favourite.

IMG_9297.jpg

IMG_9296.jpg

Not knowing anything about these.. how do you know it’s a Paris vs. a London… or were all 1814s Paris before you know who came back?

Aaaahhh😉

2 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Not knowing anything about these.. how do you know it’s a Paris vs. a London… or were all 1814s Paris before you know who came back?

There is an A on reverse, which is the mint mark for Paris. London francs will have an R where A is (next to 1814).

6 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

That is wonderful congrats what a piece 

It's not a rare year-mint combination, but they don't appear on the market often. It's also quite easier to find Francs of this grade than George III guineas and sovereigns of the same era, despite probably similar mintage figures, which I find quite interesting.

Just now, refero said:

the best shield sovereign i could "easily" source and buy in very high grade. Of course a 1871

NGC5883393-004_OBV.jpg

NGC5883393-004_REV.jpg

1871 and 1872 are the two easier years. Congratulations! This is such a beautiful coin.

8 hours ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

An 1814 Paris 20 Francs with much lustre, Louis XIII dressed portrait. Quite hard to find an uncirculated sample. Of all Franc designs this and the Napoleon III shield back are my favourite. Cracked out from a PCGS MS63 and spots/grease removed.

IMG_9297.jpg

IMG_9296.jpg

🤣🤣that looks in fab condition being so so old…..and you cracked it out a PCGS slab at that grade that will make some folk apoplectic with rage but it’s your coin and I can totally understand it.

1 hour ago, Sovhead said:

Received from @stackerp5 this morning my first Non British gold IMG_8987.thumb.jpeg.4576ee2831a77645132db78b0e83dbb1.jpegIMG_8988.thumb.jpeg.e4b1ed0eb835bbd8aae39b8db54f55be.jpegcoin a Swiss 20 francs with stars on the edge 😍

Thanks mate 👍🏻

Looks better in that coin flip! So pretty :D  Thank you for your custom!

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

2 hours ago, Sovhead said:

Received from @stackerp5 this morning my first Non British gold IMG_8987.thumb.jpeg.4576ee2831a77645132db78b0e83dbb1.jpegIMG_8988.thumb.jpeg.e4b1ed0eb835bbd8aae39b8db54f55be.jpegcoin a Swiss 20 francs with stars on the edge 😍

Thanks mate 👍🏻

Beautiful image and symbolism on the coin. You must be delighted 🌞

A coin is not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

Amor Vincit Omnia.

11 hours ago, Sovhead said:

🤣🤣that looks in fab condition being so so old…..and you cracked it out a PCGS slab at that grade that will make some folk apoplectic with rage but it’s your coin and I can totally understand it.

If I wanted to sell it I could always grade and slab again. If I thus get a lower grade then everyone knows grading is a total fuss.

Edited by Guest