• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 hours ago, morezone said:

Dutch 5 Guilder from Atkinsons.

File 21-09-2016, 11 16 58.jpeg

Had I known you wanted it, I would have sold directly. I was going to keep it for my own collection but it seemed so sad by itself..

1 hour ago, SilvergunSuperman said:

Today I received a Falkland Islands gold 1/25 Crown. It's in surprisingly nice condition and the detail for such a tiny coin is excellent. Not sure if these were Royal Mint?

WP_20160921_002.jpg

WP_20160921_003.jpg

Same goes for you if you bought it from Atkinsons

1 hour ago, oliversw5 said:

Had I known you wanted it, I would have sold directly. I was going to keep it for my own collection but it seemed so sad by itself..

Same goes for you if you bought it from Atkinsons

If you'd offered it for sale here I would have bought it.

29 minutes ago, morezone said:

If you'd offered it for sale here I would have bought it.

Great shame, we don't get enough fractional gold offered up on the forum, and for more pedestrian items you will get spot plus postage as an absolute minimum I would imagine.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

Went  to the post office when it opened and picked up all my mail. Here is a selection of the stuff that was waiting 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_7494.JPG

IMG_7495.JPG

IMG_7497.JPG

IMG_7501.JPG

IMG_7502.JPG

IMG_7504.JPG

IMG_7505.JPG

IMG_7506.JPG

IMG_7507.JPG

IMG_7508.JPG

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Numistacker said:

Guess what the ups man just delivered. Amazing I was in.

IMG_7514.PNG

IMG_7515.PNG

The USMint cancelled my order and when I enquired as to why I was told that they couldn't verify my credit card.  The way I see it, if they can't verify international credit cards they shouldn't be accepting payments in that form.  They told me I have to pay by bank transfer but I'm just going to pass on this series now.  Too much hassle and gamble for a coin which may have quality issues.

The USMint cancelled my order and when I enquired as to why I was told that they couldn't verify my credit card.  The way I see it, if they can't verify international credit cards they shouldn't be accepting payments in that form.  They told me I have to pay by bank transfer but I'm just going to pass on this series now.  Too much hassle and gamble for a coin which may have quality issues.

I agree that if they want international business they should have a better system. If they used PayPal they would be on the right track

14 hours ago, SilvergunSuperman said:

Today I received a Falkland Islands gold 1/25 Crown. It's in surprisingly nice condition and the detail for such a tiny coin is excellent. Not sure if these were Royal Mint?

WP_20160921_002.jpg

WP_20160921_003.jpg

I believe they are from Pobjoy Mint. They do some nice coins, it must be said.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Nice coin. Who would have guessed that Patrick Moore was that old or indeed a former monarch of the U.K.?

Bit of a lad judging by the number of kids he had before getting hitched.

King William IV not Patrick Moore......but maybe ole Patrick had a good time too ....:D

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/wcm/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=11437

GREAT BRITAIN, KING WILLIAM IV GOLD SOVEREIGNS 1831-1837, CIRCULATION ISSUES

KING WILLIAM IV 

The Reign of King William IV (House of Hanover) 1830-1837. 
Born: 21 August 1765. 
Accession: 26 June 1830. 
Married: Adelaide of Saxe-Coburg and Meiningen, 11 July 1818 after first meeting a week before. 
A double wedding with his brother, Prince Edward the Duke of Kent. 
Coronation: Thursday, 8 September 1831. 
Children: two daughters who both died in childhood, ten illegitimate children previously. 
Died: 20 June 1837, aged 71. 

KING WILLIAM IV, GOLD SOVEREIGNS 1831-1837, CIRCULATION ISSUES 

King William IV succeeded his brother King George IV on 26 June 1830. During his reign two types of sovereigns have been recognised, the "First bust" and the "Second bust" and there are certain features that distinguish the difference between the two busts. The "First bust" sovereign was introduced in 1831 and also appeared in 1832. The "Second bust" was introduced in 1832 and further issued for every year, except 1834, up to and including 1837. 
In general, sovereigns of King William seldom appear either in low or high grade. The 1831 sovereign is the rarest date of the series (R2/R5), although the 1836 variety with additional N above ANNO is also a rare date (R3). The rest are all rated scarce. 

Edited by Oldun

20 hours ago, morezone said:

Same here, I did it twice. Once through the web page, second time over the phone (45 minutes conversation with US Mint in the States). The end result was cancelled both ways... I'm not frustrated at all, as I can see the coin strike is not so deep, the quality is not so good at it...

11 minutes ago, StackerMike said:

1oz 2003 gold pandaf4c6d2ede61c8b7dd777ff3a87c04957.jpg1db4bdfb37d199ea7cab720f090c085c.jpg

You are really going in hard with the 1oz Pandas.  Did you get the 2003 for a good price coz that one is quite pricey from dealers?