• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

I thought I would give you guys a preview of some others that have been graded. My first use of the large size NGC slab..

ae4bc0e8af89dc960f8a634916ca7d9b.jpg
b0a451474dd84e71060b1607c1977880.jpg

The 5oz proof britannia got PF70

a082aa65f60cabb0b95ca871641658f5.jpg

The rare 2014 5oz proof Libertad got 69 very respectable and 800 mintage only

6dfc3ad9010e2847f665bda594f3f14d.jpg

I know it's scratched but I had NCS conserve this one as it's extremely rare. 500 minted only. 6 have been slabbed and only a couple have shown on eBay in last 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Numistacker - thanks for sharing.  

Of your (extensive!) modern proof Libertads, are you selecting them based on rarity for grading? Going for those that are less than 800, or where do you put the cutoff? Did you send any 2015s in ? 

I sent in a 2014 2oz with some spotting but NCS could not conserve spots. They graded it as 68. The 5oz 2014 is lovely and rare. The 2000 I just wanted to get it conserved.

Have a few other years and many 2016s that I could grade in future. I needed 5 larger coins and so I was also making up numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Platinum maple and some silver to look at turned up today, The platinum maple is a heavy little coin, I was surprised by how small it is. It fits nicely into a double sov capsule. The pictures only show the sides worth seeing, I refuse to upload pictures of the 'other' side - it is an insult to her majesty's grace, god bless her :P

IMAG1499.jpg

IMAG1498.jpg

Edited by KDave

5 hours ago, ST1986 said:

Bought a 1909 $5 Indian Head at auction, Just picked it up. Paid £271 including auction fee's

Looked a nice coin in the auction catalogue pictures, can anyone have a guess at the grade?

33.jpg

Image1.jpg

Nice pick up @ST1986. . Good price for a fine piece of pre-33 gold. 

Note that you got the Denver (D) mint mark, visible to the left of the Five and below the leaf.  Actually it's by a long way the most common $5 Indian Head - with over 3 million mintage, but it's a very nice example, for a very good price. 

Here is a link to the mintages. 

http://www.usacoinbook.com/coins/gold-5-half-eagle/indian-head/

Lindeman 

2 hours ago, Stu said:

What's the BLF above the 1909, did they mint these in Belfast also?

It's actually BLP, the designer's initials. You usually find these on most US coins and for that matter GB coins too. Most commonly on the obverse.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon