• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

Picked up a $5 half eagle from 1900. Wouldn't normally go for these but the price was reasonable and it's 24ffd052179e96ec1e9128a13e44fe4e.jpgfairly nice condition. The seller also had a 1908 incuse version for the same price that was beautiful condition - except that someone had deliberately scratched the field, probably for an acid test

a86dc0eaf4ebfed25eb7e55deabc4271.jpg

Sovereign Steve, I bought my Cassie's at £55 per coin. On ebay the prices now range from £100 to £450 each (Edit: This is a short term spike and will calm down). I have waited for these since RAM replied to my email about a new series of Northern Hemisphere coins which would be popular in Europe and North America. I'll hold these as these are my favourite coins and are beautifully better than the previous 3 coins. The market will do it's own thing. I see Zeus coins are nearing £1000 each. I will only trade into Gold when the time is right as I am dividing my stack into Hold and Breeding stacks using the G:S ratio. Luckily I don't have the cost of feeding my Gold or Silver. I'm holding my Gold. I like my Gold but will skip selling it into Silver and buy Silver instead.

Edited by shemyaza

8 minutes ago, shemyaza said:

Sovereign Steve, I bought my Cassie's at £55 per coin. On ebay the prices now range from £100 to £450 each.

Excellent well done, I wish I'd got in on them early like you. At those prices, I would sell them all now.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

All my Silver Maples (A mistake as a beginner in stacking Gold and Silver) will all go into Breeding. The Milking is something which is natural but my coins will be left alone as it is part of the aging process. I especially wanted these Cassie coins as I really like them, I thought they'd do Perseus or the 7 Sisters (Subaru as the Japanese call them) first but this is a great choice. So whatever the market does it doesn't matter. I like them. Sovereign stick with what you like, I still appreciate my Wandering Albatross' but are unwanted elsewhere. I like them and are part of my Hold stack.

Edited by shemyaza

Star Wars Classic Han Solo in silver and 1/4 gold.

Very surprised Parcel Force delivered today.  Saw a van drive past on the way home and thought it was odd.  When I arrived home a couple of minutes later I find a box by the front door.  They just left it there.  Luckily it's a fairly safe and low traffic area and the parcel was of minimal value.  30 mins later Parcel Force turn up again but this time with this order which contained other coins as well.  Good job they didn't just leave this one out.

2015-12-20 15.51.00.jpg

Picked up a $5 half eagle from 1900. Wouldn't normally go for these but the price was reasonable and it's imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F15%2F12%2F19%2F24ffd052179e96ec1e9128a13e44fe4e.jpg&key=8a9cd648dae028cd414b6148c1113ad539fcc865889daa7124bb223ed03525a7fairly nice condition. The seller also had a 1908 incuse version for the same price that was beautiful condition - except that someone had deliberately scratched the field, probably for an acid test

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F15%2F12%2F19%2Fa86dc0eaf4ebfed25eb7e55deabc4271.jpg&key=5c3b3da247e409fcd5026e1953065728306513decc35b2127752663ff66b4cd8

On the one hand it looks ms63 and on the other the bun shows wear so probably au58.. What do I know?

@Numistacker - yeah I was wondering whether it would be worth getting it graded as I saw an NCG ms64 one today that looked in worse condition. I got it for not that much over spot. TBH I wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't watched your videos, so thanks for that.

Is it the bun of the hair that shows wear first? It looks better to the eye than in the photo but there does seem to be some wear on the top third of the bun.

@Numistacker - yeah I was wondering whether it would be worth getting it graded as I saw an NCG ms64 one today that looked in worse condition. I got it for not that much over spot. TBH I wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't watched your videos, so thanks for that.

Is it the bun of the hair that shows wear first? It looks better to the eye than in the photo but there does seem to be some wear on the top third of the bun.

This one was bought as an Ms61

f4a7dc82b8918c959e63d524d578b719.jpg

This one was bought at Ms64

bb3ce4462d44ea57337aa1602928261e.jpg

Will be breaking them out of non NGC/PCGS slabs and grading but look at bun and fields

This one was bought as an Ms61

f4a7dc82b8918c959e63d524d578b719.jpg

This one was bought at Ms64

bb3ce4462d44ea57337aa1602928261e.jpg

Will be breaking them out of non NGC/PCGS slabs and grading but look at bun and fields

1/10th LOTR Crown.  I may just leave this as it is rather than breaking it out.

2012 Half Sovereign.  For some reason you don't see these very often although there were supposed to be 250,000 minted.  Came with a price tag but the collector in me is daft enough to pay it.

2015-12-22 10.58.47.jpg