• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Has the secondary silver market hit the market saturation point.

3 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

Given that I never take delivery to my home address and I can't be the only one, they'd be on a wild goose chase. It's more likely they will force the seller to pay.

Take it you pay by B.T. that would give them enough details,in a worse case scenario. 😁

So, Has the secondary silver market hit the market saturation point? Not sure. For my own perspective I'm at about 8 silver to 1 gold. I must admit I prefer the little gold coins the best and have just slowed down on the accumulation of both. The sovereigns I have been getting lately have been more numismatic and have held a larger premium, so the gold weight hasn't moved much as a result. I've not felt the need to increase the silver collection. I'm happy with my 8 to 1 ratio. I tend to collect at the rate of around 10 to 1 give or take a bit. I do only ever buy on the second hand market under the special margin scheme. I suppose I should pick up some more silver soon  

29 minutes ago, Jimmock said:

Worst case scenario - and I've know idea if this could happen. 😂 HMRC monitoring forum,realise vat not paid on majority of silver now sold on here. Force management to hand over personal details of members who bought this silver - these members as end buyers now become liable for vat and anything else Hmrc want to stick on top. As I said no idea if any of the above is possible. 🤔🤔

Buyers could not be made to pay the VAT. Seller needs to charge the VAT. Only VAT registered businesses can charge VAT as they then need to pass this to HMRC minus any input tax.  Consumers would only pay if importing from overseas or if the buyer charges VAT.

HMRC can go after sellers who would then have to claim back unpaid VAT from purchasers. 

Pretty sure HMRC have better things to worry about than a few pounds in non VAT on silver on a forum

8 minutes ago, Jimmock said:

Pretty sure HMRC have better things to worry about than a few pounds in non VAT on silver on a forum

That's the trouble,with the amount of TURNOVER,it isn't just a few pounds anymore.

Have you seen the sales page recently...cobwebs galore 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

29 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

Given that I never take delivery to my home address and I can't be the only one, they'd be on a wild goose chase. It's more likely they will force the seller to pay.

Ha! ha! You obviously have stuff delivered somewhere… if they want you, they’ll have you. HMRC may appear to arse things up no end of times, however, they have major powers when it comes to investigations, arrest etc. and if they think they’re onto something they are not known for hanging around🤔😮

1 hour ago, Jimmock said:

Worst case scenario - and I've know idea if this could happen. 😂 HMRC monitoring forum,realise vat not paid on majority of silver now sold on here. Force management to hand over personal details of members who bought this silver - these members as end buyers now become liable for vat and anything else Hmrc want to stick on top. As I said no idea if any of the above is possible. 🤔🤔

EVERONE PUT THE MONEY IN THE BAG OR I CALL HMRC

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

Well it’s not all doom and gloom ??? At least silver will be worth something as scrap metal ??? 👍 @HonestMoneyGoldSilver and @MrStacker , immediate map to ground orientation  of local scrap yards in the U.K. 👍, ( if you would have bought £25 of pot noodles instead of a silver coin at £25  a year ago , the pot noodles would be worth more ??? 👍7D54C36A-846F-4659-BEA5-4714A8DA406D.jpeg.145cc8c1acf3aa82bb5463e4cbc54ca1.jpeg

2 minutes ago, treetop1280 said:

Well it’s not all doom and gloom ??? At least silver will be worth something as scrap metal ??? 👍 @HonestMoneyGoldSilver and @MrStacker , immediate map to ground orientation  of local scrap yards in the U.K. 👍, ( if you would have bought £25 of pot noodles instead of a silver coin at £25  a year ago , the pot noodles would be worth more ??? 👍7D54C36A-846F-4659-BEA5-4714A8DA406D.jpeg.145cc8c1acf3aa82bb5463e4cbc54ca1.jpeg

The silver forum ??? NOPE ,,, “ the pot noodle forum ??? 👍

1 minute ago, treetop1280 said:

The silver forum ??? NOPE ,,, “ the pot noodle forum ??? 👍

Right you've asked for it.

Freddo is a better investment than silver

Change my mind

freddo_index_2018.webp

2023-01-30_freddo-index.jpg

freddo_indx.png

4 minutes ago, Upsidedown said:

Well I read the whole thing, and I'm still no closer to buying an ounce of silver.

@treetop1280 got any toys for sale? Don't forget the VAT though ffs

Yes bud , Star Wars figures from the 70s , and a once ounce gold coin  would be not be enough for a one to one swop , , will swop for £1600 worth of pot noodles through??? 👍

Just now, Anteater said:

There are significant risks in storing chocolate in the long term. In fact, I have found a failure rate of approximately 100%.

I'm quite partial to eating the occasional lego block, crayon and of course silver britannia