• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Has the secondary silver market hit the market saturation point.

2 minutes ago, AllThingsShiny said:

The meaning of Negative is dependent on whether you are buying or selling 🤷‍♂️

It's a buyers market atm. Happy days 

At some point there is a need to do both if you can't sell at a small profit because of prices being artificially low then silver no longer is an investment. You seem to think it is only the forum that this affects. Watch this from the 7 min mark as far as I am aware this vlogger isn't on the forum

13 minutes ago, Spark268 said:

mate - you accuse me of confusing VAT, migrants and immigrants etc

however

1) this thread (as i understand it) is about the silver secondary market

2) you seem to mix up the definitions between migrants, westerners, indians etc (what on earth has that got to do with this thread?)

3) vat registered business must include 20% vat on silver, however, if you are not vat registered, then, "you cannot apply charge VAT to your invoices even if the product or service is VAT rated. If you do, you will incur a penalty charge from HMRC."

4) the idiocy of the OP of complaining about volumes at low prices when talking about the issues of selling a monster box in one go.

I see you've confused virtue signalling with intellectual debate

3) Doesn't matter if you are a business or a private individual, if you import silver into the UK then you must pay 20% VAT. It's not possible to buy or sell new silver in the UK without paying VAT. The point is there are a number of people, mostly foreigners, who quite obviously don't pay VAT. The difference in margin allows VAT fraudsters to undercut legitimate sellers and still make MORE profit than legit sellers. It's great for buyers but kills legit businesses and reduces the value of your silver in the UK

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

12 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

I see you've confused virtue signalling with intellectual debate

3) Doesn't matter if you are a business or a private individual, if you import silver into the UK then you must pay 20% VAT. It's not possible to buy or sell new silver in the UK without paying VAT. The point is there are a number of people, mostly foreigners, who quite obviously don't pay VAT. The difference in margin allows VAT fraudsters to undercut legitimate sellers and still make MORE profit than legit sellers. It's great for buyers but kills legit businesses and reduces the value of your silver in the UK

More VAT cheats the better if you ask me. 

Cheaper silver all round 🥳🥳🥳

Example (sorry to the seller for dragging you into this):

Scottsdale The Vortex 1oz Silver Bar .999 - UK (Ungraded) - The Silver Forum

These are lovely bars and a fair price because this seller is a legit business that pays VAT

I can go onto other marketplaces and buy those bars for about 14% less from a seller who didn't pay VAT. How long does the legit seller stay in business?

And no, I won't give you a link 😂

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

19 minutes ago, AllThingsShiny said:

I remember wishing everyone all the best for the new year just after I joined and asked if anyone had a new years resolution list only to be met with 

"I would add to your list pay your taxes in full.

Its tax avoiders (builders are one of the worst offenders) that has contributed to under funded public services."

I remember feeling I should have lead with a copy of my membership card to the Communist party along with the completed self assessment and receipt of payment. How the forum has changed. A little over a year on and we have an open call to cheat the gov out of their extorted gains.

4 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

I remember wishing everyone all the best for the new year just after I joined and asked if anyone had a new years resolution list only to be met with 

"I would add to your list pay your taxes in full.

Its tax avoiders (builders are one of the worst offenders) that has contributed to under funded public services."

I remember feeling I should have lead with a copy of my membership card to the Communist party along with the completed self assessment and receipt of payment. How the forum has changed. A little over a year on and we have an open call to cheat the gov out of their extorted gains.

Millionaire's always be making f****n extra lists.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

29 minutes ago, AllThingsShiny said:

Worst case scenario - and I've know idea if this could happen. 😂 HMRC monitoring forum,realise vat not paid on majority of silver now sold on here. Force management to hand over personal details of members who bought this silver - these members as end buyers now become liable for vat and anything else Hmrc want to stick on top. As I said no idea if any of the above is possible. 🤔🤔

1 minute ago, Jimmock said:

Worst case scenario - and I've know idea if this could happen. 😂 HMRC monitoring forum,realise vat not paid on majority of silver now sold on here. Force management to hand over personal details of members who bought this silver - these members as end buyers now become liable for vat and anything else Hmrc want to stick on top. As I said no idea if any of the above is possible. 🤔🤔

Explains so many boating accidents. I've lost 6 boats this week alone ffs. Would of been 7 but royal mail fooked up the plan.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, Jimmock said:

Sorry your Honour. I have paid my VAT. errrrrrm I think it was dBECgi8JdZjm9KV2lQ=

5 minutes ago, Jimmock said:

Unfortunately a lot easier than you may think and payment can be clawed back.