• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Stack up on KCIII numismatics.

1 minute ago, James32 said:

I'd say memorial and coronation. Although I'd expect all three to do well.

which would you put your money on if you had to pick one, in a life and death situation? I'm just interested

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

Just now, bobski said:

which would you put your money on if you had to pick one, in a life and death situation? I'm just interested

Coronation as historically they always do extremely well.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2022 QEII Gold Sovereign

2022 QEII Gold Sovereign

2022 QEII Gold Sovereign

2022 QEII Gold Sovereign

2022 QEII Gold Sovereign

2022 KCIII Gold Sovereign

2023 Coronation KCIII Gold Sovereign

2024 KCIII Gold Sovereign

2023 KCIII coronation proof sovereign boxed

That's what I have currently, in regards to relevant sovs

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

Just now, bobski said:

2022 QEII Gold Sovereign

2022 QEII Gold Sovereign

2022 QEII Gold Sovereign

2022 QEII Gold Sovereign

2022 QEII Gold Sovereign

2024 KCIII Gold Sovereign

Jeezus, I think you're doing ok 😆 🤣 

I've only a double graded and a single boxed.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, bobski said:

With James? A kilo gold bar he’s drawn a Charlie picture on with a sharpie pen.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

Just now, James32 said:

Just now, James32 said:

I just didn't want you thinking I was asking for buying advice lol

I have been waiting for Charles III coins to come to me in change, but on this news, I decided to get a pair of definitive BU sets, just in case his coins never become common in change. Note: only the definitives though, I don't want any commemorative c**p.

Edited by SidS

13 hours ago, bobski said:

Back to the subject:

Which effigy would in theory be the most sought after if he dropped dead tomorrow. If all other things were equal (all proof sov or all bullion sov)

In your situation whatever you have multiples of 🤣

I reckon jubilee and coronation. 

This is all rather morbid thinking, but since it’s being discussed and people are now likely to purchase based on speculation about potential rarity of KC III coins, just a reminder of what the RM did after QE II passed… conjured up multiple ranges of memorial issues with QE II’s effigy, including a second 2022 Sovereign.

Keep this in mind before making a gamble…

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

This is all rather morbid thinking, but since it’s being discussed and people are now likely to purchase based on speculation about potential rarity of KC III coins, just a reminder of what the RM did after QE II passed… conjured up multiple ranges of memorial issues with QE II’s effigy, including a second 2022 Sovereign.

Keep this in mind before making a gamble…

I've heard from multiple dealers that sales of annual sets have skyrocketed since last night.

4 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Been saying since the days I first got eyes on the 2022 memorial sovereign!    

Never watch these videos, however, the title appears to be stating something pretty obvious? Nothing better to film🤔🤔

23 hours ago, AaaGee said:

What age are you supposed to get checked?

There’s no specific age and no screening program so you won’t be called. 

UK generally aged 50plus. But remember it’s not just the physical exam there is an easy PSA blood test too. Both of which may lead to further tests and are not diagnostic in themselves.  

if you have a family history or are black the age drops to 45. But discuss with your GP. (You will see slightly differnt number of you look at US recommendations)  

if you have urinary symptoms, difficulty starting to pee, peeing at night more that usual, pain or blood in urine/semen at any age you should visit the GP.

I once treated a chap with advanced prostate cancer at age 35… extremely extremely rare. But if you have urinary issues it’s best to get it checked. 

Prostate cancer uk has a risk checker function here: https://prostatecanceruk.org

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

3 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Everything, BU 'n' all.

Funny that, I sold a tube of silver 1/10ths today, but it could be coincidence as I've shifted a few 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

4 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Everything, BU 'n' all.

Interesting, but also rather expected, knee-jerk reaction.

Unlimited mintage coins can’t be flipped immediately, and by the time the RM stops production, there will probably be thousands, if not tens of thousands, of these unlimited mintage coins out there, so likely not much to be made by way of flipping even then.

That’s just my noob thinking though - who really knows! 🙂

Definitely limited mintage coins are the ones to go after, but even then, one has to gamble and pick the winners. After all, how many ranges have been released with KC III’s portrait in just over one year? His portrait isn’t a rarity to be sure, not even the crowned portrait, which is almost everywhere.

6 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Interesting, but also rather expected, knee-jerk reaction.

Unlimited mintage coins can’t be flipped immediately, and by the time the RM stops production, there will probably be thousands, if not tens of thousands, of these unlimited mintage coins out there, so likely not much to be made by way of flipping even then.

That’s just my noob thinking though - who really knows! 🙂

Definitely limited mintage coins are the ones to go after, but even then, one has to gamble and pick the winners. After all, how many ranges have been released with KC III’s portrait in just over one year? His portrait isn’t a rarity to be sure, not even the crowned portrait, which is almost everywhere.

If you get bored one day  you could have a pop at how many proof coins have got the crowned portrait   😀   I have yet to get a KCIII coin in change and the notes are due out mid this year.    Considering the RM are making coins to last 50 years in circulation and decided the coinage to run concurrently if Charles lives to a rip old age theres potential to have coinage in circulation (if its still round) to have 3 different monarchs in circulation on our coinage.    

Slightly off topic the bits of coins I get in circulation now are noticeably in better condition 2018/2019 still have full lustre, just goes to show either they are all sitting in the cash centres and/or once in circulation they are not exchanging hands as frequently as they once did.   I like it when a find an Arnold Machin QEII portrait in change.  

image.thumb.png.7874780a4ca0f0958c8a88a7cbb9cd8b.png

The problem is that coins which aren't rare can become seldom seen in circulation because people keep taking them out and holding onto them.

The 1988 £1 coin, the 1997 £2 coin, the alphabet 10ps, the Britannia £2 coin (I've never seen one in change), various commem 50p and £2 coins that you rarely if ever see these days even though they were minted in the millions.

Bronze/Copper plated coinage is not that common anymore (thankfully), mostly the preserve of the pensioner age group. The youth of today don't even want 10p or 5p coins.