• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Moral dilemma, What would you do if you were approached to buy some coins? Then you discover an extremely rare coin in the collection

ZRPMs

1 minute ago, Agaupl said:

I for one would also be livid if the revenue didn’t get their cut as prescribed by the law .. hence why I keep a full and accurate record of all transactions. Your honour. Especially needed with that CGT squeeze  

Sadly, Gone are the days of they need to prove it. They simple say In our opinion you owe us this much and then you have to prove that you don't.  

Just now, ZRPMs said:

Sadly, Gone are the days of they need to prove it. They simple say In our opinion you owe us this much and then you have to prove that you don't.  

On that note. I just got a letter today from Hmrc… ‘thank you for your claim, sorry for the delay… we received your Xxxx form on 15th June’🤣

Aaaahhh😉

3 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Do you have a picture, there were some specimen strike versions of the 1958 that are super rare and very very valuable

This may help, from the Baldwin catalogue for the Bentley collection

image.thumb.png.632bd95f6c612d3f53914864af7c6f32.png

Edited by Orpster

1 minute ago, Orpster said:

Do you have a picture, there were some specimen strike versions of the 1958 that are super rare and very very valuable

I could try and get some but I have put it against the others of that year I have and there's no difference in them. 

3 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

I for one would also be livid if the revenue didn’t get their cut as prescribed by the law .. hence why I keep a full and accurate record of all transactions. Your honour. Especially needed with that CGT squeeze  

Exactly. If you don't cough up your gold who will buy Zelensky a mansion for his mansion?

Just now, CazLikesCoins said:

Exactly. If you don't cough up your gold who will buy Zelensky a mansion for his mansion?

Whoever controls the Colombian marching powder market… European arm atm 🤣

Aaaahhh😉

9 minutes ago, Orpster said:

This may help, from the Baldwin catalogue for the Bentley collection

image.thumb.png.632bd95f6c612d3f53914864af7c6f32.png

Sorry to go off topic.. but these rarities that make sov collecting so interesting… do they happen anymore? Any time since 2000 or so at least. ? 

Aaaahhh😉

Just now, Agaupl said:

Sorry to go off topic.. but these rarities that make sov collecting so interesting… do they happen anymore? Any time since 2000 or so at least. ? 

Not like the older coins I don't think. Manufacturing processes have changed that much. Although that one that Chards have is a really good error variety. Forget what they call it now. @Orpster will most likely know.

3 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

They do indeed - I think there have been a couple of mules with proof on one side and BU on the other
There was die strikethrough error @LawrenceChard found on a KCIII sovereign
Seen a few die clash error coins as well

8 minutes ago, Orpster said:

They do indeed - I think there have been a couple of mules with proof on one side and BU on the other
There was die strikethrough error @LawrenceChard found on a KCIII sovereign
Seen a few die clash error coins as well

But down to single coins? not say a whole die strike worth? QA killing the interest? I saw the chards one. 🤣.. the excitement!

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

4 minutes ago, dicker said:

Karma.  Be nice and decent and good things happen back in multiples

Not £380,000 worth of good things tho. 

Be true to ones self. That's my motto and if the guy can't be arsed to Google a coin then it's his own fault. 

These questions nearly always de-end on how rich or skint you are,   If your family is hungry and your are 3 months behind on the rent then you get as cheap as poss.

if your bequeathed investment fund is up 9 per cent to 8.7 mill this year you might be feeling a tad more generous .. 

also if the person selling is a nice person or a total bellend has some bearing .. 

and of course the most important bit.  How pissed are you 

If it’s offered up as part of a collection and not a listed numismatic coin then dealers in almost all cases would pay bullion……. 

However if it was me I’d put a caveat in the  deal for the guy, I’d offer x amount the same if not a bit more that a main dealer would, I would elude to say I think one may be worth more  I would not give my knowledge and experience away for free a gas engineer won’t fix your boiler for free. 

if it was to fetch far  more then I paid then I’d give a percentage back once all the final costs have been deducted.

21 hours ago, Orpster said:

Here we go. A few pictures of my 1958 sovereigns. The coin in question is amongst these. Which do you think it is (12.5% chance of getting it right), As always with my pictures. They are rubbish.

20231214_121228.thumb.jpg.2b8fa1acc963b423ea4ba37c5cd040f0.jpg20231214_121436.thumb.jpg.e2cf8044aa448a664a9e7bff2dbaceeb.jpg

These are the same coins and same order just different back ground.

20231214_120003.thumb.jpg.56840f7e53c7d04b5a1ea2bf0468b131.jpg20231214_120118.thumb.jpg.b51b621d24d8d30b36507ad6b3508cc2.jpg

2 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

Here we go. A few pictures of my 1958 sovereigns. The coin in question is amongst these. Which do you think it is (12.5% chance of getting it right), As always with my pictures. They are rubbish.

20231214_121228.thumb.jpg.2b8fa1acc963b423ea4ba37c5cd040f0.jpg20231214_121436.thumb.jpg.e2cf8044aa448a664a9e7bff2dbaceeb.jpg

20231214_120003.thumb.jpg.56840f7e53c7d04b5a1ea2bf0468b131.jpg20231214_120118.thumb.jpg.b51b621d24d8d30b36507ad6b3508cc2.jpg

Number 7

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

6 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

Your pictures suck Zac :)

Bottom right