• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation King Charles III and Queen Camilla Gold Sovereign

Midasfrog

29 minutes ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

Totally unacceptable given they could pump hundreds of pre-graded PF70 to some American site yet struggle to do basic QC for their actual customers.

A very good way of putting it!

7 hours ago, JohnV66 said:

King's side is very good too. No hiding that Charles III is a 74 year-old man. Looks dignified with crown.

Really cannot wait for the Sovereign proofs later this year. Exciting times.

coronation3.PNG

Thanks for sharing. Although not everyone will agree with me I think his portrait has been very well depicted on coins for his age.

He looks dignified but yet looks like he’s carrying the weight of the country on his shoulders or head. I noticed that watching the Coronation and felt quite sorry for him. It’s not a job I’d want.

I could be wrong but I sort of see him as the Edward VII of our time, a Prince of Wales in waiting to be King and possibly only one portrait of his reign. Quite sad really when you think of it.

7 minutes ago, BOOLIAN said:

SOTD just arrived. I've got to give TRM credit where credit is due because it has arrived in decent time and has no visible marks under initial close inspection (not that I'm too bothered about that considering what it is).

image.png.8038d3ace19585d8caafe7478b11ea27.png image.png.2d569d1d60e850944305a8e33e0ab5bb.png

My old man is waiting at home for mine, the Royal Mail tracker is rubbish!!! No idea where it is, hopefully he'll still be home when it gets there!

11 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Although not everyone will agree with me I think his portrait has been very well depicted on coins for his age.

He looks dignified but yet looks like he’s carrying the weight of the country on his shoulders

I thought he looked bored. 😄

It's a good likeness though.

Edited by EdwardTeach

4 hours ago, BOOLIAN said:

SOTD just arrived. I've got to give TRM credit where credit is due because it has arrived in decent time and has no visible marks under initial close inspection (not that I'm too bothered about that considering what it is).

image.png.8038d3ace19585d8caafe7478b11ea27.png image.png.2d569d1d60e850944305a8e33e0ab5bb.png

looks lovely - ive had my dispatch email from RM - most likely be here tomorrow 

Hopefully a classic for years to come 

5 hours ago, BOOLIAN said:

3 hours ago, Arisian said:

Looks like more of the SOTD Sovereigns have dropped.

IMG_0091.thumb.jpeg.3fe46b8831743b515543af631c32ba39.jpeg

Considering the demand I think the RM has done a pretty good job on delivery. That now only leaves 3 coins left from my orders, the 1/4 and 2oz gold and the 1Kg silver (from Britannia Coin), everything else has arrived.

Mind they did have 6 months to plan.

Which one of you tampered with the colour grading? 😏

What is the actual colour of the SotD - is it more yellow or tending towards rose gold?

8 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

What is the actual colour of the SotD - is it more yellow or tending towards rose gold?

unortunately the ipad doesn't allow me to change colour temp (that I can find) mine is possibly a bit anemic. it's more rose than yellow I would say.

Edited by Arisian

10 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Wishful thinking! 😆

Considering I couldn't even be arsed to remove the black fibers from the box off of the capsule before taking a photo - I'm sure you can guess who the culprit is...

Here is a side-by-side with a Bullion Memorial sovereign + 1oz King Arthur Bullion for comparison:

image.png.02e8d28ef9f6671d5bbf45cb9cc73dd8.png

6 minutes ago, refero said:

Just lovely to me. First matte entering my collection (and first Sotd); love the way the numbers are represented. Remember me of 1840's Vicky sovs

Can we see some pictures please? I'm really craving for mine now.

7 minutes ago, bluffer said:

thats the number of times they had to redo it before it coould be sent out.

🤣

Reminds me of the "checked and correct" stickers they started putting on McDonald's meals. Half would still be missing or wrong lol it was so bad they stopped doing it.

This will probably go the same way if it is a new policy, just blindly sticking the stickers on stuff. I'm not convinced they really care

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32