• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anyone else struggling with Royal Mail recently?!

Hi all,

Just curious is anyone else having issues with Royal Mail recently ( this week specifically) they were brilliant from the start of January until now tbf.

Posted some parcels on Sunday evening ( for Monday dispatch) items have left post office, but stuck in limbo somewhere. 

Tracking is next to useless and has been for some time tbh.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

16 minutes ago, James32 said:

Hi all,

Just curious is anyone else having issues with Royal Mail recently ( this week specifically) they were brilliant from the start of January until now tbf.

Posted some parcels on Sunday evening ( for Monday dispatch) items have left post office, but stuck in limbo somewhere. 

Is that your way of telling me my order of 314 gold sovereign proofs is lost in the post?

But in all seriousness, I've noticed post taking one to two days longer than it should. 

I had some terrible experiences during December, sending via 1st class signed for. A number of items going missing completely after posting and a few taking up to 3 weeks to arrive. However, all parcels sent in Jan have been via special delivery and this has worked fine.

I've also noticed when selling a few items on ebay, that the tracking sometimes does not get updated, even when the buyer has confirmed receipt of the item. This leads me to think that some unscrupulous buyers are likely making claims for non receipt of items, even though it has been delivered and ebay will always provide a refund if no actual proof of delivery can be provided.

I hope Royal Mail can get there act together before it's to late.

I've had some problems with them since start of December, like you, the items leave the post office then nothing. All the issues were caused by them going to the Bristol sorting centre. There are pictures online with hundreds of trolleys out side full of post waiting to be sorted. It took 27 days for a 48hr parcel to be delivered 

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Anyone else struggling with Royal Mail recently?!

Hi all,

Yes, Simon Thompson!

😎

Chards

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

Yes, Simon Thompson!

😎

Was reading that earlier, not the face I'd of put to a large entity like the RM.

11 minutes ago, James32 said:

Was reading that earlier, not the face I'd of put to a large entity like the RM.

No, he is with Royal Mail, not the RM.

The Royal Mint has existed since 886 AD, Royal Mail was much later, in 1516.

Stop trying to sow confusion!

😎

Chards

4 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

No, he is with Royal Mail, not the RM.

The Royal Mint has existed since 886 AD, Royal Mail was much later, in 1516.

Stop trying to sow confusion!

😎

RM is Royal Mail 

RM is also Royal Mint

RM is also Ray Mercer "Boxer"

my story my rules!

RMSD doesn't stand for "ROYAL MINT SLOPPY DEPARTMENT" but it can if you would like to borrow it.

You're welcome, you can let yourself out!

11 minutes ago, James32 said:

RM is Royal Mail 

RM is also Royal Mint

RM is also Ray Mercer "Boxer"

my story my rules!

RMSD doesn't stand for "ROYAL MINT SLOPPY DEPARTMENT" but it can if you would like to borrow it.

You're welcome, you can let yourself out!

Really Mate!

😎

Chards

Different institution but I'm starting to grow fond of the Royal Munt.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting to the point of actually being done with royal mail genuinely haven't received a single letter or parcel in over 3 weeks now waiting on chainsaw chains, an axe, bank card, car parts ect luckily no pm's as they go to a different address. kinda feel sorry for the postman I normally see them when I get in from work and every day is the same she sees me and just shakes her head 

I've had quite a few problems receiving 'Special Delivery' items myself.  Now actively avoid SD and always choose a standard tracked option where I can.  Never have any problem with those.  Appreciate it might be different in different areas of the country.

I'm about to be sent an item from the UK to Europe and the seller (not from TSF) gave me a shipping quote which seemed quite high. I inquired about it and they told me they must use DHL because the Royal Mail International services were suspended following a cyberattack.

I admit I had no idea about that but found this information from which it seems that international services should now be reinstated, at least for business customers http://www.royalmail.com/international-incident-bulletin.

I am however not sure if it's really a good idea to go for the Royal Mail option in this situation so wonder if anyone from you likewise had this issue of not being able to send internationally in the past few weeks and if you already tried doing so after the suspension was lifted? Thanks!

7 hours ago, CollectForFun said:

'm about to be sent an item from the UK to Europe and the seller (not from TSF) gave me a shipping quote which seemed quite high. I inquired about it and they told me they must use DHL because the Royal Mail International services were suspended following a cyberattack.

yes it's true, there's a warning about it on their website. If you want to check DHL   https://www.parcel2go.com/

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• 4 weeks later...

Royal Mail has just released details of its forthcoming price rises on 4th April.  First class (!) will increase from 95p to £1.10 (an increase of nearly 16%).  Second class will go up from 68p to 75p (an increase of just over 10%).

https://blog.norphil.co.uk/2023/03/big-price-rises-from-4-april-will.html#comment-form