• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

But You Need ID!

KevjustKev

Last comment from me about self service checkouts so as not to derail the thread - they now have cameras directly in your face with a big screen as though to say "we can see you up close, don't steal anything". I don't like security cameras as it is and I just about tolerate them, but having it right in your face is beyond rude. What I did yesterday is cover the lens with my hand while I scanned my stuff. Yes I know the other cameras can see me but it's the principle. I'll keep doing this, expecting a store worker to eventually ask me why I'm covering the camera. I will tell them why. These are the grossest thing I've ever experienced in a supermarket. I will keep covering them until they hopefully one day get removed.

37 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

And why don't they land in Scotland and buy their gold from lairds?

because its to far to travel and there would be a language barrier 🤣

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

22 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

Last comment from me about self service checkouts so as not to derail the thread - they now have cameras directly in your face with a big screen as though to say "we can see you up close, don't steal anything". I don't like security cameras as it is and I just about tolerate them, but having it right in your face is beyond rude. What I did yesterday is cover the lens with my hand while I scanned my stuff. Yes I know the other cameras can see me but it's the principle. I'll keep doing this, expecting a store worker to eventually ask me why I'm covering the camera. I will tell them why. These are the grossest thing I've ever experienced in a supermarket. I will keep covering them until they hopefully one day get removed.

Just don't use the self service checkouts.

Problem solved!

😎

Chards

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

No, they are keeping busy scanning our stuff.

Anybody use Lidl?

They have the fastest and best scanners, and their queues move quite quickly.

😎

Unfortunately the one nearest to me is the worst supermarket I have ever been in, one visit was enough🫢

Anybody use Lidl?

😎

At this rate you will be getting home delivery at fortnum and mason with all the bullion dealers are flogging! 😎

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Anybody use Lidl?

😎

Order online is the best fun, 5 items missing from order and a further 5 items swapped for similar items not in stock, sounds fair unless they swapped a deep pan pizza for a £1 bag of milky buttons 😀 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

23 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Anybody use Lidl?

I use it all the time but they're making their staff do more and more multitasking which means the tills are often unmanned.  Lidl is the only shop which has so far forced me to use one of these damned Automats without offering an alternative because there was no real persoan available to serve at the tills.

26 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

At this rate you will be getting home delivery at fortnum and mason with all the bullion dealers are flogging! 😎

I / we are selling a lot, but it could be double or triple if we could source it as quickly.

As Depeche Mode said "I just can't get enough..."

😎

Chards

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Just don't use the self service checkouts.

Problem solved!

😎

I was at Tesco Express an hour ago and there wasn't a cashier in sight. It's often the case that these machines are the only way to pay for your goods. I covered the camera again. Bloody cheek of them.

28 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

I was at Tesco Express an hour ago and there wasn't a cashier in sight. It's often the case that these machines are the only way to pay for your goods. I covered the camera again. Bloody cheek of them.

It could be interesting to leave them a list of what you bought, together with a note of your dislike for self checkout, Include name and address.

Also ask for their bank details so you can pay by bank transfer.

It could be worth videoing the whole thing, Get Julian (Brett) Chamberlain to join in or ask him for advice. He is a TSF member.

😎

Chards

35 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

Carry a torch with you, shine it in the camera when paying. Fun-times for whoever watches the security feed.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

36 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

If I get this I just leave my trolley full of good at the check out and walk out, now it's there problem to sort out!

3 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I / we are selling a lot, but it could be double or triple if we could source it as quickly.

As Depeche Mode said "I just can't get enough..."

😎

I hope you give @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer staff well deserved xmas bonus then!

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

It could be interesting to leave them a list of what you bought, together with a note of your dislike for self checkout, Include name and address.

Also ask for their bank details so you can pay by bank transfer.

It could be worth videoing the whole thing, Get Julian (Brett) Chamberlain to join in or ask him for advice. He is a TSF member.

😎

Lol brutal!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

I took the kids swimming on Saturday, I noticed a security camera in the bloody changing rooms! 

They see any adults including you as a potential paedophile and will say they're just looking out for your kids. They won't give you a choice to turn the camera off even if you tell them you're their dad and don't want it on. It's very Orwellian.

All occasions like this should be reported to the police. Someone has to review these video feeds, it's an open invitation for some pervert to get a job in swimming pool security.

I'm willing to bet if all persons in these jobs were checked, a fair proportion will be on the sex offenders list.

We've seen similar situations in the past.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

8 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

When all this KYC thing was rolled out they blamed it on terrorists 🤣  in reality its about tax and compliance, the Government are by nature parasitical and destroy value at every intervention.

I mistead this as KFC was being blamed on terrorists.

Terrorism should be encouraged!!!