• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint

Sharron

14 minutes ago, Sharron said:

Just wanted to know why when I go into the RM website since early this morning  I'm in a queue??? Are people buying up up all......QEII coins?????

There has been a queue since Thursday at about 6.30 p.m. A simple casue of mass hysteria.

Check your queue number, today it was only in double figures, wait time a few minutes. On Thursday it was in 5 figures, someone mentioned 12,000.

Other websites are available, often at lower prices and without a queue.

😎

Chards

12 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

There has been a queue since Thursday at about 6.30 p.m. A simple casue of mass hysteria.

Check your queue number, today it was only in double figures, wait time a few minutes. On Thursday it was in 5 figures, someone mentioned 12,000.

😎

Are people  going crazy to aquire 2022 QEII coins??? I don't understand that ...it would be over 100 years before these coins realise a huge profit. I guess its a pass onto generations to keep and receive a unreal profit..

6 minutes ago, Sharron said:

Are people  going crazy to aquire 2022 QEII coins??? I don't understand that ...it would be over 100 years before these coins realise a huge profit. I guess its a pass onto generations to keep and receive a unreal profit..

It is often hard to tell or work out.

I suspect many are expecting to sell them for 10x as much on ebay next week.

😎

Chards

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I suspect many are expecting to sell them for 10x as much on ebay next week.

yep, standard bullion 2022 sovs are going for a higher premium now, up to £500 but anyone with a bit savvy can get them anywhere, most dealers have them but i reckon some buyers will be sucked in by the hype

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

9 hours ago, Gordy said:

yep, standard bullion 2022 sovs are going for a higher premium now, up to £500 but anyone with a bit savvy can get them anywhere, most dealers have them but i reckon some buyers will be sucked in by the hype

For information:

We at @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer think our existing stock will run out soon, despite having received 500 on Friday. We anticipate a slight delay in getting new stock, possible at least a few weeks compared with about one week for the past 6 months.

😎

2 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

I had a look at RM's website yesterday and there were only three in front of me...

Not worth queuing then!

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

For information:

We at @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer think our existing stock will run out soon, despite having received 500 on Friday. We anticipate a slight delay in getting new stock, possible at least a few weeks compared with about one week for the past 6 months.

😎

Not worth queuing then!

😎

So in your honest opinion ( always honest I know) will you be getting the 1/4 oz TB lions back in? Plus will the 1/4oz yale make an appearance at chards? Thank you in advance. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

54 minutes ago, James32 said:

So in your honest opinion ( always honest I know) will you be getting the 1/4 oz TB lions back in? Plus will the 1/4oz yale make an appearance at chards? Thank you in advance. 

We have been waiting for some time for release details on some of these issues. The queen having chosen an inconvenient time to die, will have complicated matters.

I regard it as part of our business to try and fill demand.

That sounds rather like a politician's non-answer!

It would be very nice if The Lionesses would make an appearance at @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer. There might be a fight for who got to photograph them though, especially Chloe Kelly. I would probably defr to Doug as he has much more experience and expertise in portrait and studio photography.

😎

Chards

32 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

We have been waiting for some time for release details on some of these issues. The queen having chosen an inconvenient time to die, will have complicated matters.

I regard it as part of our business to try and fill demand.

That sounds rather like a politician's non-answer!

It would be very nice if The Lionesses would make an appearance at @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer. There might be a fight for who got to photograph them though, especially Chloe Kelly. I would probably defr to Doug as he has much more experience and expertise in portrait and studio photography.

😎

I'm away to buy some special offers over at your family's place in Sutton😤

16 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

😎

someone posted me a keyring before , since then every time when i was queuing up at the supermarket i remember them, so queueing arent a bad thing sometimes 😁 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

18 minutes ago, James32 said:

Atkinsons bullion? At least Google said Sutton 😂😂 

BIRMINGHAM LAWRENCECHARD BIRMINGHAM 

No need to SHOUT!

Atkinsons? I didn't know they were in Sutton (Coldfield), and I thought that was a posh up-market area.

Are they still in business?

😎

Chards

16 hours ago, Sharron said:

I don't understand that as well. Why a 2022 gold coin will have more extrinsic value in the future than another years? I suppose (I haven't checked the mintage yet) that were issued more 2022 gold coins than in 2018 or 2019.

I don't think that being the last year of HM Queen Elizabeth II will affect in the future the value of 2022 coins. 

Edward VII 1910 full sovereign, George V 1932 full sovereign or George VI 1952 full sovereign are priced according with their mintage, not having in mind the significance.

26 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

No need to SHOUT!

Atkinsons? I didn't know they were in Sutton (Coldfield), and I thought that was a posh up-market area.

😎

I'm not SHOUTING, but I am away to take Google to court.

3 minutes ago, Happypanda88 said:

🤔 ???

GEORGE VI : 1937, 1949, 1951 - 1952

George_VI_Sovereigns.jpg

Sovereign (London)
1937 5,500*
1949 138,000**
1951 318,000**
1952 430,000 **

* Coins issued in 1937 were part of a four-coin Sovereign set
** 1925 re-strikes using the George V Sovereign die

37 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

No need to SHOUT!

😎

Just bought 2x 1/4 tudor lion from them so hopefully they aren’t closing down anytime soon 

may I ask are you getting any 1/4 yale ? I will buy the 1/4 along with the ounce yale 😃

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

19 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

No need to SHOUT!

😎

Lawrence - you are a regular contributor to this forum and post useful and frequently entertaining articles - long may it continue !
Might I suggest something and seek your feedback -

We forum members generally ( and me definitely ) shop around for the best deals.
By way of an example I am buying the following coins shortly -

Tudor Yale in Platinum - 1 oz ( already ordered BbP )
Tudor Yale in Gold - 1 oz
Tudor Yale silver 2 oz and 10 oz
Then 2023 American Eagle, Britannia, Maple, Kookaburra, Libertad, Lunars, Panda, Koala, and some others for sets ....

Once the next Tudor series is released - repeat and I might consider the kilo silver if they mint a completer as they did with the Queens Beasts.

I am not purchasing many of these from Chards because I can get a lower price from BullionbyPost, Gold.Co, Atkinsons, Bleyer, Sharps Pixley, and others. Not necessarily every time on every coin but usually one of these is undercutting you and often not by much even down to the shipping only. However all provide excellent service so why pay £5 or sometimes much more when you need't ?

How about giving us forum members, those who subscribe, a code that means you will never knowingly be undersold on brand new coins and bars. I would gladly give you my orders because you are a great asset to this forum but if I can buy cheaper I will. I am not asking for cheaper only to match, why ? - because I like your contributions and the help you provide in assisting fellow members.

Maybe my modest order value is not of interest but consider how many other forum members are also purchasing from other mainstream dealers but it all adds up.