• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My eBay pet peeves.......... lets keep this civil!!

DrDave

2 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

All of the above.  Plus...

Sellers holding feedback to ransom by not giving feedback when the buyer pays.  I pay quickly, usually within minutes.  Once I have paid, I consider my part in the transaction complete; I've done my bit.  Sellers should give feedback once someone has paid.  If they wait until the buyer gives their feedback, all they are doing is a) holding feedback to ransom and b) giving feedback for the feedback.  Instead of "Quick payer" they may as well type "Left me great feedback".

This devalues the entire feedback mechanism.

(This isn't just eBay.)

No.  That is simply wrong.   What if the transaction goes awry for any number of reasons..?  Buyers are not angels and many of them are after freebies and are more than willing to abuse the system to get something for nothing.  I'm not saying all of them are like this, but from 20 years of experience on ebay I can assure you that some of them certainly are, and others are just idiots.  What if a seller leaves good feedback and the buyer then comes back with a neg for no decent reason, or makes a complaint to ebay for example that the item hasn't arrived when in fact it has and he/she just wants another one.. 

I once sent an item to the listed address of a buyer only to receive a notification from ebay that the item hadn't arrived and the buyer had opened a case against me and wanted a replacement sent or his money back.  I sent the replacement to the address given by the buyer in his personal comms to me but noticed it seemed unfamiliar.  When I checked I realised that the original address I had posted to was his old one and he had since moved house and not updated his info, and there I was being threatened with a strike against me for non delivery.  When it all got straightened out I didn't receive any kind of compensation for the mistake and had lost money from the transaction but the buyer remained on ebay to carry on as normal.    It's also been a long established policy of ebay's that sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers, even if they get scammed. Where is the sense in that?

I've said it several times on other threads but I'll say it again here. Ebay has deteriorated slowly over the years to the extent that it has become a nasty and unpleasant place to do business, almost as bad as Amazon for sellers.  I will no longer use it when/if the existing items I have listed there sell which seems increasingly unlikely as they've been listed for months now and hardly ever get a view.

Edited by flyingveepixie

2 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

All of the above.  Plus...

Sellers holding feedback to ransom by not giving feedback when the buyer pays.  I pay quickly, usually within minutes.  Once I have paid, I consider my part in the transaction complete; I've done my bit.  Sellers should give feedback once someone has paid.  If they wait until the buyer gives their feedback, all they are doing is a) holding feedback to ransom and b) giving feedback for the feedback.  Instead of "Quick payer" they may as well type "Left me great feedback".

This devalues the entire feedback mechanism.

(This isn't just eBay.)

Not all buyers are as good as you  my furry friend, the last buyer I had on eBay paid quickly then decided my item was fake due to his ignorance, damaged the item and claimed it was not as described to force a return. As a private seller I had no option but to accept the return now with damage and cover SD both ways. Sellers have no option to leave idiot buyers negative feedback, but so glad I held off leaving him something positive.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

51 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

No.  That is simply wrong.   What if the transaction goes awry for any number of reasons..?  Buyers are not angels and many of them are after freebies and are more than willing to abuse the system to get something for nothing.  I'm not saying all of them are like this, but from 20 years of experience on ebay I can assure you that some of them certainly are, and others are just idiots.  What if a seller leaves good feedback and the buyer then comes back with a neg for no decent reason, or makes a complaint to ebay for example that the item hasn't arrived when in fact it has and he/she just wants another one.. 

I once sent an item to the listed address of a buyer only to receive a notification from ebay that the item hadn't arrived and the buyer had opened a case against me and wanted a replacement sent or his money back.  I sent the replacement to the address given by the buyer in his personal comms to me but noticed it seemed unfamiliar.  When I checked I realised that the original address I had posted to was his old one and he had since moved house and not updated his info, and there I was being threatened with a strike against me for non delivery.  When it all got straightened out I didn't receive any kind of compensation for the mistake and had lost money from the transaction but the buyer remained on ebay to carry on as normal.    It's also been a long established policy of ebay's that sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers, even if they get scammed. Where is the sense in that?

I've said it several times on other threads but I'll say it again here. Ebay has deteriorated slowly over the years to the extent that it has become a nasty and unpleasant place to do business, almost as bad as Amazon for sellers.  I will no longer use it when/if the existing items I have listed there sell which seems increasingly unlikely as they've been listed for months now and hardly ever get a view.

I understand your position, but my argument still stands.  None of the above is fixed by the seller holding back feedback.  You are just moving the problem.

What is the feedback for?  If anyone reads and believes the feedback, it's all about how quickly the buyer paid.  In reality, the only thing that matters is that they didn't cause any fuss.  A buyer could pay in 10 seconds, and then the seller ghost them for days, choose the slowest postal service and package the item in tissue paper.  But if the buyer complains about it and leaves negative feedback, the chance they will get positive feedback in return is zero.

Unless they come up with a system where feedback is mutually agreed between buyer and seller before it is published, someone needs to commit and therefore someone can be screwed.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

6 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Not all buyers are as good as you  my furry friend, the last buyer I had on eBay paid quickly then decided my item was fake due to his ignorance, damaged the item and claimed it was not as described to force a return. As a private seller I had no option but to accept the return now with damage and cover SD both ways. Sellers have no option to leave idiot buyers negative feedback, but so glad I held off leaving him something positive.

Yeah that sucks.

But it's just swings and roundabouts.  As I said above, the feedback system just moves the problem backwards and forwards.  Currently, a seller could just as easily damage a buyer's reputation even though they have done nothing wrong, after they left positive feedback.

Fixing the feedback system isn't going stop all the scams.  Nothing will.

Anyway, this thread isn't about "how to fix eBay", it's about "moaning about eBay". 😁

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

On 02/09/2022 at 10:27, flyingveepixie said:

I've had an item listed at £60 for a couple of months now.  It's piece of flue pipe for a log burner which is of a type that is impossible to get anywhere. £60 is a reasonable asking price considering it's rarity.  I'm not accepting offers on it.  I recently had a message from someone asking me what offers I would accept on it and what my best price might be.  I replied telling him £60.  He didn't get back to me.😬

I would have said £70

Although that would not be strictly accurate, as £80 would be even better!

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

1 hour ago, Charliemouse said:

Currently, a seller could just as easily damage a buyer's reputation

Sellers can only leave positive feedback 🤷‍♂️

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Just now, ArgentSmith said:

Sellers can only leave positive feedback 🤷‍♂️

I did not know that.

I understand your position, but my argument still stands.  None of the above is fixed by the seller holding back feedback.  You are just moving the problem.

What is the feedback for?  If anyone reads and believes the feedback, it's all about how quickly the buyer paid.  In reality, the only thing that matters is that they didn't cause any fuss.  A buyer could pay in 10 seconds, and then the seller ghost them for days, choose the slowest postal service and package the item in tissue paper.  But if the buyer complains about it and leaves negative feedback, the chance they will get positive feedback in return is zero.

Unless they come up with a system where feedback is mutually agreed between buyer and seller before it is published, someone needs to commit and therefore someone can be screwed.

I never leave feedback until the buyer has left theirs 

Yeah that sucks.

But it's just swings and roundabouts.  As I said above, the feedback system just moves the problem backwards and forwards.  Currently, a seller could just as easily damage a buyer's reputation even though they have done nothing wrong, after they left positive feedback.

Fixing the feedback system isn't going stop all the scams.  Nothing will.

Anyway, this thread isn't about "how to fix eBay", it's about "moaning about eBay". 😁

No it's not swings and roundabouts - as already pointed out sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers - at all, regardless of how the deal goes down and it's been that way for many years.  The system is biased towards the buyer in more ways than one and if that buyer is a scammer or an idiot, then the seller will suffer for it. Therefore it makes good sense for the seller to withhold feedback until the transaction is complete to the satisfaction of both parties. 

Anyway, as you say, the thread is about ebay gripes.   Personally I can't stand ebay these days and only use it to buy cheap tat.  I would never indulge in a high value transaction on it now whereas in years past I wouldn't have had a second thought.

4 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

No it's not swings and roundabouts - as already pointed out sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers - at all, regardless of how the deal goes down and it's been that way for many years.  The system is biased towards the buyer in more ways than one and if that buyer is a scammer or an idiot, then the seller will suffer for it. Therefore it makes good sense for the seller to withhold feedback until the transaction is complete to the satisfaction of both parties. 

Anyway, as you say, the thread is about ebay gripes.   Personally I can't stand ebay these days and only use it to buy cheap tat.  I would never indulge in a high value transaction on it now whereas in years past I wouldn't have had a second thought.

Yes, if sellers can't leave negative feedback, that definitely tips things a little.  But I still say that the buyer is financially committed early.  They are down for the majority of the transaction, and that naturally makes them vulnerable.  For them to gain, something has to change, either a refund or some other recompense.

This is one of those situations when both buyers and sellers think they are disadvantaged.

I would only ever buy low value items from eBay now, for which it is very useful.  I have been stung as a buyer, and I know many people who have on both sides.  Unfortunately, like all mass social media environments, it inevitably sinks to the lowest common denominator.

32 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

I have been stung as a buyer,

Yep me too, and in a lot of ways it's good that their system is biased towards buyer protection.  I purchased a high end vintage guitar a couple of years back which when it arrived was so damaged as to be unusable.  The seller was adamant there was nothing wrong with it even though it was clearly damaged from neglect and he insisted - with multiple insults thrown at me - that it was as described and I couldn't send it back to him for a refund. I had to get ebay involved and eventually got a full refund although it was touch and go for a while with me being forced by the mistrust that had been caused to video every step of my packaging it up for return and taking it to the PO etc..

Anyway, ebay sucks..🤣

On 25/08/2022 at 16:46, DrDave said:

My eBay pet peeves.......... lets keep this civil!!

I've been buying and selling on ebay for years, and it's funded many of my hobbies and 'business ventures'. This isn't about eBay, rather its about some of the buyers and sellers.

So here goes..........

1. Extortionate postage.  It doesn't cost £20 to pack and post a coin, even if its in a presentation box. 

2. Ridiculously high prices. I'm sure they'll snag a fool occasionally, but its laughable and insults my intellegence 🤪

3. Outright declining Offers. If somebody makes an offer, its usually an opening gambit, so at least have the courtesy to reply with a counter offer. By inviting offers, you're suggesting that you're up for a deal.

4. Auto declining any offer. I've offered £50 for a £100 item and it was auto declined. Fair enough. I've then tried £70 (auto-declined), and just for fun £95. Still auto declined. It was worth £100, but i moved on and found another. Whats the point accepting offers if you're not going to accept any offer??

Anyway, rant over. I'm calm now! 😇

I was going to add a few posts on this thread when I first saw it, but hesitated because of the word "pet". There are so many things I detest about ebay, that to pick out a few pet ones would be difficult, but...

One just occurred to me a short while ago.

Many ebay sellers used to steal our coin photos.

This is because we invested the time and resources to take some of the best coin photos on the internet, although @DrDave could certainly give us tough competition.

Ebay sellers are in competition with my company, so for them to infringe our copyright by using our high quality professional photos is more than just annouying, it is unfair, often misleading, and possibly fraudulent.

Ebay do have copyright infringement reporting procedure, and it can work, but ebay seem to be extremely slow and reluctant to act on reports quickly, and sometimes ignore them completely. I suspect this is deliberate obstruction, adn have told them so on numerous occasions.

Obviously, every time they remove a listng, they lose out on the fees and income they would have unfairly gained by being in unwritten collusion with their sellers.

The ebay employees working on their VeRO (Verified Rights Owners) team seem to be morons. I assume they are all on minimum pay. Despite a clear and full account of which photos thier sellers were using, in which listngs, and where on our websites the original could be found, we often got a stock response, something like "We are unable to understand the exact nature of your complaint. Could you please provide detailed infromation...". The reason they failed to understand was possibly because they were stupid, were unable to connect two concepts together, or their attention span was too short.  It must have been ebay standing instructions that in the event they did not understand something, reject the report and request more information.

The above is serely a preamble to the specific gripe here.

Very often, ebay crooks sellers would take our photos of a particularly minty coin, use it for their listing, but add "The photos do not do justice to my coin"! Ignorant, lying R-Soles!

They often stated it was a "library photo". Another lie!. We are running a library, and the C**ts must have known it. Sometimes they said "Stock Photo". No!

Other times, they told ebay it was their own photo. On too many occasions, we had to point out to ebay VeRO morons staff that there was a Digimarc watermark on the sellers images, and if you used a Digimarc enable browser, a small Digimarc logo became visible. When you clicked on this, it took you to a Digimarc web page which contained details of the Digimarc owner, us. 

On many occasion, ebay sellers stated that the photos were of their own actual coin, when quite often we still had the coin in stock. Whenever this happened, we would advise ebay of the facts, but they never once took any action, instead sending us a stock response full of untrue ebay propaganda, such as "Ebay takes great care to ensure..." "For confidentiality reasons, we are not able to tell you what action we have taken" (None!).

Frequently sellers reused our photos multiple times despite being removed every time.

We frequently got complaints from sellers demanding to know why their listing had been removed, despite us having told ebay exactly why. I suspect this was ebay policy so their thieving sellers would be annoyed with us, and give us hassle, instead of being annoyed with ebay.

Sometimes we noticed a seller's later listing, often having stolen a different photo from someone else, but sometimes with their own crappy photo of thier even crappier coin.

This started out as a quick post with one pet peeve, but ended up incorporating a few of them.

There are many, many other peeves I could list.

😎  

Chards

This is one of those situations when both buyers and sellers think they are disadvantaged.

Any online marketplace is only as valuable as its customer base, so generally the sellers will get screwed as Ebay will start losing customers hand over fist if it gets a reputation for customers getting ripped off.  Ergo, it sides with the buyer unless it's pretty much forced otherwise.  The interwebs are full of horror stories about this.  

I've bought a lot of computer equipment off Ebay but it was mostly of a somewhat specialised nature so far enough off the beaten track to be an unlikely target for spammers.

Doing PMs on ebay does give me the willies a bit though.  I think TSF is a much better community as there is a certain level of community whereas Ebay is a vast, howling wilderness.  Unfortunately communities don't scale, and the nature of the interwebs is that once an incumbent gets a dominant market position it's pretty much winner takes all.  Ebay has the brand recognition and it's not easy for a smaller player compete against that.

Once the big players have the power they have little motivation to be anything but self-serving.

There's a good analysis of this called 'Content is not king' by Andrew Odzlyko that goes into the economics of big dot com firms.

Sadly, things are not likely to get better anytime soon.  I think we can be thankful that TSF exists and keeps functioning.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

18 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I was going to add a few posts on this thread when I first saw it, but hesitated because of the word "pet". There are so many things I detest about ebay, that to pick out a few pet ones would be difficult, but...

One just occurred to me a short while ago.

Many ebay sellers used to steal our coin photos.

This is because we invested the time and resources to take some of the best coin photos on the internet, although @DrDave could certainly give us tough competition.

Ebay sellers are in competition with my company, so for them to infringe our copyright by using our high quality professional photos is more than just annouying, it is unfair, often misleading, and possibly fraudulent.

Ebay do have copyright infringement reporting procedure, and it can work, but ebay seem to be extremely slow and reluctant to act on reports quickly, and sometimes ignore them completely. I suspect this is deliberate obstruction, adn have told them so on numerous occasions.

Obviously, every time they remove a listng, they lose out on the fees and income they would have unfairly gained by being in unwritten collusion with their sellers.

The ebay employees working on their VeRO (Verified Rights Owners) team seem to be morons. I assume they are all on minimum pay. Despite a clear and full account of which photos thier sellers were using, in which listngs, and where on our websites the original could be found, we often got a stock response, something like "We are unable to understand the exact nature of your complaint. Could you please provide detailed infromation...". The reason they failed to understand was possibly because they were stupid, were unable to connect two concepts together, or their attention span was too short.  It must have been ebay standing instructions that in the event they did not understand something, reject the report and request more information.

The above is serely a preamble to the specific gripe here.

Very often, ebay crooks sellers would take our photos of a particularly minty coin, use it for their listing, but add "The photos do not do justice to my coin"! Ignorant, lying R-Soles!

They often stated it was a "library photo". Another lie!. We are running a library, and the C**ts must have known it. Sometimes they said "Stock Photo". No!

Other times, they told ebay it was their own photo. On too many occasions, we had to point out to ebay VeRO morons staff that there was a Digimarc watermark on the sellers images, and if you used a Digimarc enable browser, a small Digimarc logo became visible. When you clicked on this, it took you to a Digimarc web page which contained details of the Digimarc owner, us. 

On many occasion, ebay sellers stated that the photos were of their own actual coin, when quite often we still had the coin in stock. Whenever this happened, we would advise ebay of the facts, but they never once took any action, instead sending us a stock response full of untrue ebay propaganda, such as "Ebay takes great care to ensure..." "For confidentiality reasons, we are not able to tell you what action we have taken" (None!).

Frequently sellers reused our photos multiple times despite being removed every time.

We frequently got complaints from sellers demanding to know why their listing had been removed, despite us having told ebay exactly why. I suspect this was ebay policy so their thieving sellers would be annoyed with us, and give us hassle, instead of being annoyed with ebay.

Sometimes we noticed a seller's later listing, often having stolen a different photo from someone else, but sometimes with their own crappy photo of thier even crappier coin.

This started out as a quick post with one pet peeve, but ended up incorporating a few of them.

There are many, many other peeves I could list.

😎  

As a photographer, I feel your pain.  The web has given us many great things, but it has also changed people's mindset to one of zero ownership for digital assets - if it appears on their computer, they can do what they want with it.

'Fortunately' I don't tend to take photographs that people want to rip off, although it has happened.  Luckily, that's not how I earn my living, but if it was I'd be angry.

As a photographer, I feel your pain.  The web has given us many great things, but it has also changed people's mindset to one of zero ownership for digital assets - if it appears on their computer, they can do what they want with it.

'Fortunately' I don't tend to take photographs that people want to rip off, although it has happened.  Luckily, that's not how I earn my living, but if it was I'd be angry.

Digital music theft is a big thing too.  If you release a music album in digital format you can bet your boots it will appear for sale on hundreds of dodgy websites which don't pay any royalties around the world within 24 hours...although I've never had any digital music of mine nicked and put up for sale on ebay I must admit..not that I know of anyway...🤔

Edited by flyingveepixie

I used to get annoyed about not receiving feedback. One particular instance, I sold a higher value coin (than I would ordinarily sell) and so would've liked the feedback for it. The buyer, who buys and sells coins himself, would regularly make low bids on my items in the hope of a bargain, and got this at a decent price.

He thanked me for the coin. I took that as transaction complete and gave him good feedback. Another thing to remember, many people out there will check if you give feedback. By giving feedback, you are showing a record of your previous sales even if feedback was not given in return.

I did politely reply to his message with "any feedback appreciated" - maybe that annoyed him... He replied with "sure", but chose not to give me feedback, whilst giving feedback to others (yes, I stalked his profile to check if he gives feedback). I wondered why he would do this?

Couple weeks later, he sold the coin on for a small profit, which I don't mind at all. I was only bothered with not receiving feedback for the sale. Did I annoy him by asking for feedback? Of course, he could've just forgot, but I doubt it because it was higher value than all the other items he given feedback for. Then I thought, perhaps he would perceive me as a potential rival seller and therefore not want to help my cause by leaving me good feedback (our ratings were actually quite similar) although I accept that's a bit far-fetched, and more likely that I annoyed him by asking for it.

So, how do others feel about being asked for feedback? Would it annoy you? Personally, I have been asked politely by buyers and sellers and it isn't an issue to me...

Alternatively, I have a repeat buyer that never leaves me feedback. I leave him good feedback every time. He's a good buyer. Pays quickly, smooth transaction both ways. That's all that counts at the end of the day, both parties being happy. 

36 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

I used to get annoyed about not receiving feedback. One particular instance, I sold a higher value coin (than I would ordinarily sell) and so would've liked the feedback for it. The buyer, who buys and sells coins himself, would regularly make low bids on my items in the hope of a bargain, and got this at a decent price.

He thanked me for the coin. I took that as transaction complete and gave him good feedback. Another thing to remember, many people out there will check if you give feedback. By giving feedback, you are showing a record of your previous sales even if feedback was not given in return.

I did politely reply to his message with "any feedback appreciated" - maybe that annoyed him... He replied with "sure", but chose not to give me feedback, whilst giving feedback to others (yes, I stalked his profile to check if he gives feedback). I wondered why he would do this?

Couple weeks later, he sold the coin on for a small profit, which I don't mind at all. I was only bothered with not receiving feedback for the sale. Did I annoy him by asking for feedback? Of course, he could've just forgot, but I doubt it because it was higher value than all the other items he given feedback for. Then I thought, perhaps he would perceive me as a potential rival seller and therefore not want to help my cause by leaving me good feedback (our ratings were actually quite similar) although I accept that's a bit far-fetched, and more likely that I annoyed him by asking for it.

So, how do others feel about being asked for feedback? Would it annoy you? Personally, I have been asked politely by buyers and sellers and it isn't an issue to me...

Alternatively, I have a repeat buyer that never leaves me feedback. I leave him good feedback every time. He's a good buyer. Pays quickly, smooth transaction both ways. That's all that counts at the end of the day, both parties being happy. 

Happens on here a significant amount also😅 personally I view feedback as my signal both parties are happy and deal is complete,so I can rip up postage receipts. Otherwise the little voice tells me to keep for a month "just incase" then the voice of the voice says keep for 2 months just in case case😅

Have no problem being asked for feedback, but I will always leave it anyway.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Hey guys, thought I would add my “two penneths” worth.

So feedback is an important part of showing your previous track record of sales and completed transactions on ebay, or any other buying and selling platform such as TSF.

In my case I will usually mention to a potential buyer/seller that I intend to leave feedback, and I usually also mention it would be “great” if I also received feedback in return.

Most people I have dealt with on this forum are extremely polite and friendly, and leave feedback accordingly. If the occasion arises when someone “forgets” to leave me any, I will usually remind them after a couple of days with a short private message that reads something like this “Just a gentle nudge to remind you to leave me some feedback”. That usually does the trick.

If someone has still “forgotten to leave feedback” after a couple more days has passed then I will remind them again with another short message lol. And so far I believe it has proven to work every time. Of course the ideal scenario is when feedback is left promptly without the need for any reminders, but this doesn’t always happen.

I personally don’t mind one bit about being asked for feedback, as I always want feedback myself. And if I haven’t left feedback for anyone it’s down to an oversight, nothing more. So if anyone is reading this and I forgot to leave you some feedback then please by all means send me a friendly reminder and I will get right on it 😊

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

I don't like to give or receive feedback on the forum.

Why? Anyone, a non-member, casual observer, can go on to the site and view a member's trading feedback.

Try it, log out and click on your profile...every transaction you've made. You are a wealthy man...🤐

Technically, alcohol is a solution..

'It [socialism] poses a growing threat, however unintentional, to the freedom of this country, for there is no freedom where the State totally controls the economy. Personal freedom and economic freedom are indivisible. You can’t have one without the other. You can’t lose one without losing the other.'

"There is no such thing as public money, there is only taxpayers' money"

Let not England forget her precedence of teaching nations how to live.

11 minutes ago, Roy said:

Why? Anyone, a non-member, casual observer, can go on to the site and view a member's trading feedback.

Try it, log out and click on your profile...every transaction you've made. You are a wealthy man...🤐

Maybe that’s something worth bringing up with an admin, our own profiles and feedbacks shouldn’t really be visible to non-members of the forum and readable by anyone with access to the internet. I completely understand where you’re coming from on that score to be fair 👍

Maybe it would be better if feedback quantities were shown as numbers instead of the written text being displayed. So for example:

Member Name: John Smith

Feedbacks: 👍68 👎

Maybe a public profile display looking like the example above would be better. Just an idea 🤔

Edited by jackflash123
More added

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

21 minutes ago, Roy said:

Why? Anyone, a non-member, casual observer, can go on to the site and view a member's trading feedback

Interesting. It's nice to hear other points, but doesn't this mean the observer will only know your username, and not know who you are other than Roy?

36 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

So feedback is an important part of showing your previous track record of sales and completed transactions on ebay, or any other buying and selling platform such as TSF.

It is indeed important. It also allows you to achieve higher prices. If you have low feedback on ebay, many buyers will see it as a risk they are only willing to take if the price is right for them. I have seen this to a lesser degree on the forum also.

Yes, you are correct, anonymity is safety but...

Let's say I'm a 'bad actor'

I've reviewed 'Roy's' feedback and I see he likes Britannias

I join the forum, chat for a few days, get some points and offer up some blinding Britannia deals. 'Roy' responds, wants to buy. I now have his bank details and address.

If he is selling, I now have his real name.

Technically, alcohol is a solution..

'It [socialism] poses a growing threat, however unintentional, to the freedom of this country, for there is no freedom where the State totally controls the economy. Personal freedom and economic freedom are indivisible. You can’t have one without the other. You can’t lose one without losing the other.'

"There is no such thing as public money, there is only taxpayers' money"

Let not England forget her precedence of teaching nations how to live.

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Happens on here a significant amount also😅 personally I view feedback as my signal both parties are happy and deal is complete

Same here. It's nice to have confirmation that the buyer is satisfied. Sure, if they're gonna pull a fast one, then they can do so with or without the feedback as an aspect, but I still see it as an opportunity to declare satisfaction

I totally see @Charliemouse point about paying up as the buyers fulfilment. But that only apples to those that trade amicably. You never know whether someone turns out to be a pain in the A. One buyer held me to ransom before. He wasn't happy with the postage cost, despite knowing what he was paying up front, demanded a couple quid refund or he would leave negative feedback... I gave in to it too. 

40 minutes ago, Roy said:

Very good point, that's why I chose a very obscure username 😬

I like to buy the pre-dip dip