• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My eBay pet peeves.......... lets keep this civil!!

DrDave

1 minute ago, Charliemouse said:

I think this was mentioned earlier.  It is frustrating when people put "accept offers" and then don't.

I've offered £80 for list £85, auto reject.  Then £82, then £83, auto reject.  So what offer are you going to accept?  £84?  Is there really any point in setting an offer acceptance that close?  You're just going to annoy people.  Needless to say, I went elsewhere.

But I can see that receiving texts with offers when you've said you aren't interested, is also annoying.  It is often a cultural thing though.  I know there are places where haggling is expected, and just accepting the price is both unusual and (oddly) rude.

I offered £125 for a £150 item and his counter offer was.........£150! So he wasn't accepting offers after all 🤔

10 hours ago, DrDave said:

The buyer may still become a total nightmare afterwards though, but in fairness they've upheld their part of the bargain and paid up.

Another recent buyer I had pretended to have not received an item because it was signed for by the postman and was "not his signature" after a few emails managed to get him to admit he had in fact received the item. The guy was obviously trying it on he had 100% buyer feedback! Of course he did sellers cant leave anything else. My pet peeve... Sellers can't leave negative feedback 😁

Wonder how many refunds he's blagged?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

10 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Another recent buyer I had pretended to have not received an item because it was signed for by the postman and was "not his signature" after a few emails managed to get him to admit he had in fact received the item. The guy was obviously trying it on he had 100% buyer feedback! Of course he did sellers cant leave anything else. My pet peeve... Sellers can't leave negative feedback 😁

Could of been 20 refunds, but thanks to you I'm stuck on 19 😤

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Could of been 20 refunds, but thanks to you I'm stuck on 19 😤

bell end

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

1 hour ago, ArgentSmith said:

Yes this is not really fair for the seller, if they have a negative experience with a buyer then they should be able to feed that back.

I’ve sold a fair few items on eBay and I never set auto feedbacks. The last time I left a feedback it was a manually written one, and I could’ve written whatever I wanted. Fortunately the buyer was genuine and not a scammer so I left kind words, but had it been a negative experience I could’ve said some negative things about the buyer.

You may not be able to give a thumbs down for a seller, but you can certainly leave negative comments and paint a picture of how they behaved in an unacceptable manner. Or has eBay removed the ability for a seller to write their own comments? Or do they filter out bad remarks left by a seller or something?

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

38 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

You may not be able to give a thumbs down for a seller, but you can certainly leave negative comments and paint a picture of how they behaved in an unacceptable manner. Or has eBay removed the ability for a seller to write their own comments? Or do they filter out bad remarks left by a seller or something?

You are not allowed to leave negative comments with a positive feedback, them's the rules. The buyer would have it removed if appealed and you would probably lose your top seller status or have some sort of strike against you.

Edited by ArgentSmith

8 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

You are not allowed to leave negative comments with a positive feedback, them's the rules. The buyer would have it removed if appealed and you would probably lose your top seller status or have some sort of strike against you.

I see, then as I previously mentioned it’s not fair for the seller indeed.

I wasn’t aware that you were unable to leave your own comments within the feedback. Maybe not leaving any feedback at all is your only option. At least that way you’re not adding to their positive feedbacks.

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

1 hour ago, ArgentSmith said:

OK, that so horrifically broken.

It should be possible to leave constructive feedback in the comment.  Even if it is generally positive, you should be able to say "Slow communicator" or some such.

The sum total of all of this seems to be that the eBay feedback system is not fit for purpose.  It seems to be next to useless for determining the trustworthiness of both buyers and sellers, and provides plenty of opportunities to scam or blackmail people, on both sides.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."