• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold To Silver?

KevjustKev

Is it worth, at todays prices to swap gold for silver? At spot, it 91 to 1. Now this won't be the same as trading a 1oz gold Brit for 91 Silver Brits, but what would be the 'going price?'

As for the reason, it's a lot more easy to sell a couple oz's of silver than a oz of gold.

Ideas?

48 minutes ago, Happypanda88 said:

On paper, the current GSR may be 91-1.  But I think you will do well to get anything over 65-1 for physical.

Buying in bulk may help a bit but not lots on the price.

Not my circus, not my monkeys

2 hours ago, tallthinkev said:

Is it worth, at todays prices to swap gold for silver? At spot, it 91 to 1. Now this won't be the same as trading a 1oz gold Brit for 91 Silver Brits, but what would be the 'going price?'

As for the reason, it's a lot more easy to sell a couple oz's of silver than a oz of gold.

Ideas?

2 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

On paper, the current GSR may be 91-1.  But I think you will do well to get anything over 65-1 for physical.

I would happily have a conversation about swopping 65oz of my 999 file silver for 1oz of 999 fine Gold should anyone be interested

On 20/08/2022 at 15:54, tallthinkev said:

Ideas?

It's a lot more easy to carry a few kilos of gold with you than to try lug around the same value in silver, and it takes up a lot more room under the floorboards.

😎

Chards

4 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

It's a lot more easy to carry a few kilos of gold with you than to try lug around the same value in silver, and it takes up a lot more room under the floorboards.

😎

And 1/32nd of 1kg gold is even easier 

4 hours ago, tallthinkev said:

And 1/32nd of 1kg gold is even easier 

If all you own is one ounce of gold, it doesn't really matter, but it would still be easier to carry / post than 90 ounces / 3 kilos of silver (in any form).

If you have 2 or 3 kilos of gold, in any form, and you want to sell / deliver / post / move / transport / store it, it is much easier than doing the same with 180 or 270 kilos of silver in any form. Multiply that by a factor of 10, and the gold is still easy enough to handle, even in aeroplane hand luggage. Don't try that with the eqquivalent value of silver. It would not even work with a car, or 3.5 tonne van, you would need a 7.5 tonne wagon, and a licence to drive it!

😎

An ounce of gold is easy to sell. I / we happily buy 500 ounces at almost any time, without notice, for immediate payment, and at competitive rates.

Chards

7 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

If all you own is one ounce of gold, it doesn't really matter, but it would still be easier to carry / post than 90 ounces / 3 kilos of silver (in any form).

If you have 2 or 3 kilos of gold, in any form, and you want to sell / deliver / post / move / transport / store it, it is much easier than doing the same with 180 or 270 kilos of silver in any form. Multiply that by a factor of 10, and the gold is still easy enough to handle, even in aeroplane hand luggage. Don't try that with the eqquivalent value of silver. It would not even work with a car, or 3.5 tonne van, you would need a 7.5 tonne wagon, and a licence to drive it!

😎

An ounce of gold is easy to sell. I / we happily buy 500 ounces at almost any time, without notice, for immediate payment, and at competitive rates.

Reading this jogged my mind back a few months to a post that I read of yours here about the dash across London with a rucksack. I think it was Krugerrand’s you were collecting.

The same value in silver I’d imagine would have been a mammoth, impossible task.

8 hours ago, Darr3nG said:

I think I know where LC may "store" his stack! :D

Can't believe he posted this on a public forum... now, to find his floorboards!

Plot twist: Lawrence might live in a modern house with concrete floors. (Dreadful on your feet).

The floorboards might just be a facade/decoy. 😆

5 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Reading this jogged my mind back a few months to a post that I read of yours here about the dash across London with a rucksack. I think it was Krugerrand’s you were collecting.

The same value in silver I’d imagine would have been a mammoth, impossible task.

Correct!

😎

Chards

8 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Plot twist: Lawrence might live in a modern house with concrete floors. (Dreadful on your feet).

The floorboards might just be a facade/decoy. 😆

He's old school... floor boards as far as the eye can see, but it won't be that simple - think "The Goonies" level of adventure before you'd even get a sniff of Gold!

On 20/08/2022 at 19:24, tallthinkev said:

Is it worth, at todays prices to swap gold for silver? At spot, it 91 to 1. Now this won't be the same as trading a 1oz gold Brit for 91 Silver Brits, but what would be the 'going price?'As for the reason, it's a lot more easy to sell a couple oz's of silver than a oz of gold.Ideas? 

[url=https://twitter.com/ClausiPeter/status/1559522826410917890]

1000 ounces Silver bars for $20,500 only. Silver will go to $50/ounce anytime. 

Edited by Silver2022

13 hours ago, Deus said:

Because you can’t buy physical silver coins for spot. 

Oh do we mean selling your gold at a bullion dealer and then buying silver with whatever money you have left? OK I get that.

I assume if trading on this forum, if you had an American Gold Eagle and you wanted to trade it for 91 Silver Eagles, you could do that. Well in North America at least.

UK would be complicated because silver has VAT style markups even trading privately.

Edited by bluemoon

45 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

assume if trading on this forum, if you had an American Gold Eagle and you wanted to trade it for 91 Silver Eagles, you could do that. Well in North America at least

People are selling 1 Oz coins right now whilst spot is £16 for £22 to £23 'cheap' I've not seen any 1 Oz bullion for ages selling even at £20 an Oz so it would be far better for anyone to flog the silver eagles for £2k and buy a 1 Oz gold for £1550 

• 2 weeks later...