• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold To Silver?

KevjustKev

On 09/09/2022 at 12:27, tallthinkev said:

As the price has changed quite a bit would now 70-75oz's be fair? I really am thinking about this, may even put it up at the week end.

Probably won't get CGT coins for that tbh.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

On 09/09/2022 at 19:27, tallthinkev said:

As the price has changed quite a bit would now 70-75oz's be fair? I really am thinking about this, may even put it up at the week end.

If you are serious, then why not create a new post and specify the conditions of exchange ie. 1oz gold Britannia for a minimum 70 1oz Silver CGT bullion. 

I would dearly love to know who would take up the offer.  I know there are a few silver bears on the forum so perhaps one might deal if they back up their words with deeds. But I doubt it at 70+ !

5 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

If you are serious, then why not create a new post and specify the conditions of exchange ie. 1oz gold Britannia for a minimum 70 1oz Silver CGT bullion. 

I would dearly love to know who would take up the offer.  I know there are a few silver bears on the forum so perhaps one might deal if they back up their words with deeds. But I doubt it at 70+ !

Maybe best offer over 60oz's?

I've not got any britannias currently ( might have some next week but could also be into tin by then also)😂

1kg Perth mint bar 32.151oz

Tube of 2oz tudor lions ( 20oz total)

10 x 1oz philharmonics 10oz

4 x 1oz sunshine mint bars sealed 4oz

So a total of 66.151 troy oz for a great condition 1oz gold coin.

1 minute ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

The only way you can play the Gold/Silver ratio in the UK is by buying Sterling Silver scrap but it is very time consuming trying to source it.

Disagree, yes you will get more silver in the trade, but you have walked away from a relatively liquid coin ( 1oz gold ) and traded for a complete headache. 

3 hours ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

The only way you can play the Gold/Silver ratio in the UK is by buying Sterling Silver scrap but it is very time consuming trying to source it.

There were plenty of unloved sterling silver coins out there when I last bought. For example, the 1976 Canada Olympics $5 & $10 silver sets can be had below spot price at the time. I purchased quite a few ounces.

40 minutes ago, Happypanda88 said:

There were plenty of unloved sterling silver coins out there when I last bought. For example, the 1976 Canada Olympics $5 & $10 silver sets can be had below spot price at the time. I purchased quite a few ounces.

Old European silver coins are fairly near spot.

57 minutes ago, Happypanda88 said:

Difficult to get these around spot now. Only bought one set in the last 12 months.

18 minutes ago, SidS said:

Old European silver coins are fairly near spot.

Similarly, it’s a struggle to find these much below £20/oz.

80% Canada Dollars and Halves are still my favourite.

I have quite a few Silver Proof Commonwealth Crown size coins that I have bought off eBay using Topcashback and Nectar points and also I have got a lot of John Pinches Silver Medallions and Spoons etc.

Recently I have been buying Pre 1947 50% Silver coins.

I actually sold all of my Gold when the ratio went over 90.