• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Unofficial Royal Mint Release Schedule 2022

There was a page on the Royal Mint website that said the Bullion Myths & Legends King Arthur coin would be released in December the other day, but I can't find it now.
It was the one you got to when you clicked to sign up to register your interest which I did.

This link says it goes on pre-sale on Tuesday 25th Oct (or contact your account manager if you spend enough to have one)
https://www.royalmint.com/invest/wealth-management/king-arthur-2023-register-your-interest/

mlka231gc-removebg-preview.png

kingarthur.png

3 minutes ago, Essendie said:

There was a page on the Royal Mint website that said the Bullion Myths & Legends King Arthur coin would be released in December the other day, but I can't find it now.
It was the one you got to when you clicked to sign up to register your interest which I did.

This link says it goes on pre-sale on Tuesday 25th Oct (or contact your account manager if you spend enough to have one)
https://www.royalmint.com/invest/wealth-management/king-arthur-2023-register-your-interest/

kingarthur.png

I think these RM 1oz gold bullion coins could be a better value option to buy going forward, over their significantly dearer new release 1oz gold proofs

The second series Queens beasts are fabulous use of the microdots engraving as @GoldDiggerDave brought up a few weeks back elsewhere   

Looks like this series will continue in the same vein 

4 hours ago, Paul said:

£1195 RRP for gold 50p - mintage just 250 in this presentation, 360 max mintage

SOLD OUT 

BBC saying they were struck before she died and not redoing due to cost and efficacies 😄 Then when you go to order saying there will be a delay getting these coins out, up to 16 weeks and they will have your sheckles now thank you very much. Innit marvellous. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

59 minutes ago, Stu said:

BBC saying they were struck before she died and not redoing due to cost and efficacies 😄 Then when you go to order saying there will be a delay getting these coins out, up to 16 weeks and they will have your sheckles now thank you very much. Innit marvellous. 

The Royal Mint seems to have a more accurate explanation (they do not say the coins have been struck).

In support of His Majesty the King's ambition for a sustainable transition we will continue to offer 2022 coins struck with Her Late Majesty's effigy. The 100 years of the BBC is the first to be released by The Royal Mint since the sad passing of Queen Elizabeth and will continue to bear her effigy on the obverse (heads) side of the coin. This ensures minimal environmental impact as the designs, tools and packaging for these products have already been produced.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

The "Celebrating 25 years of the £2 coin" range is coming out soon.

Well if there was ever a coin that could commemorate a commemorative series of coins the £2 coin was the one to go with.

1 minute ago, SidS said:

Well if there was ever a coin that could commemorate a commemorative series of coins the £2 coin was the one to go with.

I don't think it's going to be a coin, it's going to be a set of restrikes I expect, like the 50ps in 2019.

5 hours ago, paulmerton said:

The "Celebrating 25 years of the £2 coin" range is coming out soon.

Interesting that the RM seems to think that the £2 coin is only 25 years old.

This applies to the bimetallic £2 coins, but not to the decimal circulating currency £2 coins (started in 1986 with the Commonwealth Games coins) and from 1823 or even 1820 if you include the £2 gold coins.

Regardless of my pedantry above, I would be quite interested in a set of restrike £2 coins that covered all variants of the 2002 Commonwealth Games (4 coins), both the 2008 Olympics coins (1908 anniversary and Beijing handover), and the 2012 handover to Rio coin.  That would indeed be a magnificent seven.

7 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

Regardless of my pedantry above, I would be quite interested in a set of restrike £2 coins that covered all variants of the 2002 Commonwealth Games (4 coins), both the 2008 Olympics coins (1908 anniversary and Beijing handover), and the 2012 handover to Rio coin.  That would indeed be a magnificent seven.

My favourite £2 coin is the technology one. I thought it was really clever at the time.

9 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

I don't think any of those will be in it.

4 minutes ago, SidS said:

My favourite £2 coin is the technology one. I thought it was really clever at the time.

I think its sheer ubiquity has diminished my interest in its design!

I like quite a few of the commemorative designs - the Magna Carta and the Rio Handover are possibly my favourites but I also like the Army coin from the First World War series, and the London Underground Train coin - among others!

On 10/10/2022 at 12:02, Essendie said:

kingarthur.png

David Lawrence really dropped the ball with the coin design, IMHO. Compared to his other works at least.

dl.png

Buy high. Sell low.