• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Quality Control Strikes Again - Reverse Frosted 2022 Britannia

So, once again we see coins with obvious marks/damage sailing through "Quality Control"

The hilarious thing is that these coins have been delayed for nearly 3 months! Plenty of time to get things right you would think...

The hilarious thing is that upon first when unboxing I was super excited as they looked really good. 

But after filming I noticed the glaringly obvious issues on these coins - I had to go back and refilm the last part of my video!

InkedPXL_20220706_155212431.thumb.jpg.7a7c748603f4a446ecc78e328b80dc6b.jpg

InkedPXL_20220706_155241187.thumb.jpg.23c9ea1ea754ee102c479c934c6bf0d4.jpg

Really really annoying. 

The little ding on the reverse frosted proof - yeah maybe that can be missed.

The giant smear on the back of the regular Britannia? Come on, that is just not acceptable. 

The level of quality control (or lack thereof) is so stark that the Royal Mint cannot seem to even print out an invoice. 

Yes, printers have issues sometimes, but the person packaging the box thought it was acceptable to put the invoice like this!

InkedPXL_20220706_154754226.thumb.jpg.1320572cb11b4fcf9592cf90fa8b2af4.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

12 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

So, once again we see coins with obvious marks/damage sailing through "Quality Control"

The hilarious thing is that these coins have been delayed for nearly 3 months! Plenty of time to get things right you would think...

The hilarious thing is that upon first when unboxing I was super excited as they looked really good. 

But after filming I noticed the glaringly obvious issues on these coins - I had to go back and refilm the last part of my video!

InkedPXL_20220706_155212431.thumb.jpg.7a7c748603f4a446ecc78e328b80dc6b.jpg

InkedPXL_20220706_155241187.thumb.jpg.23c9ea1ea754ee102c479c934c6bf0d4.jpg

Really really annoying. 

The little ding on the reverse frosted proof - yeah maybe that can be missed.

The giant smear on the back of the regular Britannia? Come on, that is just not acceptable. 

The level of quality control (or lack thereof) is so stark that the Royal Mint cannot seem to even print out an invoice. 

Yes, printers have issues sometimes, but the person packaging the box thought it was acceptable to put the invoice like this!

InkedPXL_20220706_154754226.thumb.jpg.1320572cb11b4fcf9592cf90fa8b2af4.jpg

Your luck is atrocious 🙂

10 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Your luck is atrocious 🙂

Honestly, I feel like I have to film every single unboxing now because I am concerned The Royal Mint will think I am making it up....

20 minutes ago, matt1r said:

The coins…and the invoice is another level, why on earth didn’t they just reprint it. 
Complete lack of care. 

Yep, tell me about it

11 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Shocking but sadly not surprising.

Does it have to be this way? No

But it still is...

5 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

This is about the right perspective for the visible defect check and arms length 

F5F5B34E-BB61-4D97-B78D-129950C1F985.jpeg

How did you get a photo from inside the RM QC Room?

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

How did you get a photo from inside the RM QC Room?

Got a good zoom on my phone, lol! 
just me in my kitchen, I have been told this from numerous RM customer service workers over the years I’ve returned coins, I have challenged this as the blurb on their website and definition of what a proof coin is or should be  is seriously in conflict with the arms length naked eye QC glance check. 

22 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

I'd love a job in the QC department. Just to see what actually goes on. Maybe even try to make a difference. Probably would get fired for sending too many coins back to the melting pot! 

You wouldn't get on with paranoid Joe.. and mad Linda is a right handful 😜 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

ever get the feeling mate they are not listening and do not care.   

44 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Pardon?

😎

How you suffered for your sanity
Then how you tried to set them free
They would not listen, they're not listening still
Perhaps, they never will..

😎

Chards

I've just received an email from RM that payment for my set of Britannia's (ordered 4 months ago) has been stopped by my bank. They are asking for a different card even though i purchased coins from them last week with the original card. I'm now considering just ignoring the email and going without the Brits because by the time all this is sorted i'll probably end up with your returned set 🙄

Thought this was funny, searched for Backyard Bullion and the advert was for Royal Mint - with the "I am fed up of Royal Mint Quality" being right underneath!

RM advert.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I received my 2022 Britannia 2-coin set yesterday (finally!).  To the naked eye, the coins look fine to me.  Beautiful set.

I also had the issue where I needed to confirm my credit card number or give them another credit card.  It's because it was so long ago that we ordered these.

Edited by JeffM

6 hours ago, JeffM said:

I received my 2022 Britannia 2-coin set yesterday (finally!).  To the naked eye, the coins look fine to me.  Beautiful set.

I also had the issue where I needed to confirm my credit card number or give them another credit card.  It's because it was so long ago that we ordered these.

One of these sets for sale tonight on coins of the realm, obviously the person got theirs a little earlier! 🫢