• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Privy Council Proclamations - Rome, Harry Potter, Smallpox Vaccination, Tolkien's Monogram, Flying Scotsman, Snowman and Snowdog

INSCRIPTED ROME COINS, HARRY POTTER COINS 25 YEARS OF MAGIC COINS, SMALLPOX VACCINATION COIN, TOLKIEN'S MONOGRAM, FLYING SCOTSMAN, AND SNOWMAN AND SNOWDOG COINS

‘For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G ·
REG · F · D · 200 POUNDS ·” and the date of the year, and for the reverse a depiction of a
historic view of Rome with the inscription “ROME”. The coin shall have a grained edge.’

More to follow.

Chards

5 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:
INSCRIPTED ROME COINS, HARRY POTTER COINS 25 YEARS OF MAGIC COINS, SMALLPOX VACCINATION COIN, TOLKIEN'S MONOGRAM, FLYING SCOTSMAN, AND SNOWMAN AND SNOWDOG COINS

‘For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G ·
REG · F · D · 200 POUNDS ·” and the date of the year, and for the reverse a depiction of a
historic view of Rome with the inscription “ROME”. The coin shall have a grained edge.’

More to follow.

The Harry Potter coins:

(5) The design of the said gold coin shall be as follows:
REG · F · D · 200 POUNDS ·” and the date of the year, and for the reverse either:
(a) a depiction of Harry Potter with the inscription “HARRY POTTER 25 YEARS OF
MAGIC”; or
(b) a depiction of the Hogwarts Express and the figure of Harry Potter with the
inscription “HOGWARTS EXPRESS 25 YEARS OF MAGIC”; or
(c) a depiction of Albus Dumbledore and the inscription “ALBUS DUMBLEDORE 25
YEARS OF MAGIC”; or
(d) a depiction of Hogwarts School and the inscription “HOGWARTS 25 YEARS OF
MAGIC”.
The coin shall have a grained edge.’

(4) The design of the said silver coin shall be as follows:
REG · F · D · 10 POUNDS ·” and the date of the year, and for the reverse either:
MAGIC”; or
YEARS OF MAGIC”; or
MAGIC”.

More to follow.

Chards

6. The designs of the said two pound gold, silver, silver piedfort, platinum, cupro-nickel and nickel-brass coins shall be: ‘For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G · REG · F · D · 2 POUNDS ·” and the date of the year, and for the reverse either:

(a) an abstract depiction of a smallpox cell accompanied by a representation of the people who have benefited from vaccination with the inscription “EDWARD JENNER A VACCINE TO END SMALLPOX”. The coin shall have a grained edge and in incuse letters the inscription “· INNOVATION IN SCIENCE · JENNER” save for the gold and platinum coins where the incuse letters shall be accompanied by a plain edge; or

(b) a depiction of Tolkien’s monogram with the inscription “1892 JRR TOLKIEN 1973 WRITER · POET · SCHOLAR”. The coin shall have a grained edge and in incuse letters the inscription “· NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST” save for the gold and platinum coins where the incuse letters shall be accompanied by a plain edge; or

(c) a depiction of the Flying Scotsman with the inscriptions “FLYING SCOTSMAN LNER 4472” and “· 1923 – 2023 ·”. The coin shall have a grained edge and in incuse letters the inscription “· LIVE FOR THE JOURNEY” save for the gold and platinum coins where the incuse letters shall be accompanied by a plain edge.’ 

Chards

4. The design of the said fifty pence gold, silver and cupro-nickel coins shall be as follows:

‘For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G · REG · F · D · 50 PENCE ·” and the date of the year,

and for the reverse a depiction of the Snowman and the Snowdog. The coins shall have a plain edge.’

Chards

47 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

The Harry Potter coins:

(4) The design of the said silver coin shall be as follows:
REG · F · D · 10 POUNDS ·” and the date of the year, and for the reverse either:
MAGIC”; or
YEARS OF MAGIC”; or
MAGIC”.

More to follow.

I am not familiar with releases, does that mean that it will be available only in 10oz? Do they list all denominations or only the biggest one?

33 minutes ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

I am not familiar with releases, does that mean that it will be available only in 10oz? Do they list all denominations or only the biggest one?

They are never user-friendly, or easy to follow.

Being slightly lazy, I simply copied and pasted some relevant parts.

For full details, you may need to read the link.

Working our exactly what will be issued for which coin, and what date, almost always requires time for detailed study to extract the required information.

If you do look, it would be good to post details in this thread, otherwise wait for someone else to do it.

😎

Chards

4 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

OK - saving pennies for the Potter series - been waiting for years for an RM version.

Also - Is a platinum £2 a new thing? I don't recall those being routinely produced.

Think the Harry potter gold could have a chance/potential to have some profit in it, if it's not a massive mintage

Intere

52 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

They are never user-friendly, or easy to follow.

Being slightly lazy, I simply copied and pasted some relevant parts.

For full details, you may need to read the link.

Working our exactly what will be issued for which coin, and what date, almost always requires time for detailed study to extract the required information.

If you do look, it would be good to post details in this thread, otherwise wait for someone else to do it.

😎

Interestingly enough, it would appear that there will be 4 different silver coins, 3 pure silver in 5oz, 2oz and 1oz, and there will be also a 1/4oz in sterling.

FIFTY PENCE SILVER COIN
7. (1) A new coin of silver of the denomination of fifty pence shall be made, being a coin
of a standard weight of 8 grammes, a standard diameter of 27.3 millimetres, a standard
composition of 925 parts per thousand fine silver, and being in the shape of an equilateral
curve heptagon.

8 minutes ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

Intere

Interestingly enough, it would appear that there will be 4 different silver coins, 3 pure silver in 5oz, 2oz and 1oz, and there will be also a 1/4oz in sterling.

FIFTY PENCE SILVER COIN
7. (1) A new coin of silver of the denomination of fifty pence shall be made, being a coin
of a standard weight of 8 grammes, a standard diameter of 27.3 millimetres, a standard
composition of 925 parts per thousand fine silver, and being in the shape of an equilateral
curve heptagon.

A 50 pence.

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

I'm very excited by some of these.

I saw the Harry Potter dies being made earlier this year, but was sworn to secrecy until it was public knowledge :D 

"Harry Potter dies" - I think you have just let the secret out of the bag!

Flying Scotsman maybe an interesting one from my personal pov. I would like to see a few engine ones: Rocket, City of Truro, the Scotsman, Evening Star would be ideas for a decent design. Not sure if diesels would count though...

Mind I was going to chunter that the RM are churning out coins like I visit the bog after a hefty biryani and can someone tell them that in the words of that hoary mantra - less is sometimes more. 

i thought you were taking the Michael with mention of the smallpox jab but no it is true. 

(a) an abstract depiction of a smallpox cell accompanied by a representation of the people who have benefited from vaccination with the inscription “EDWARD JENNER A VACCINE TO END SMALLPOX”

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I like that the RM is finally honouring  Tolkien, and using his monogram could make for a lovely elegant coin design. I’m just hoping they don’t ruin it by slapping on something else tacky alongside the monogram.

I would love to get the gold version but I’ll settle for the silver proof with the edge lettering NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST. One of my favourite Tolkien quotes. I’m so happy. 😀

4 hours ago, sixgun said:

i thought you were taking the Michael with mention of the smallpox jab but no it is true. 

(a) an abstract depiction of a smallpox cell accompanied by a representation of the people who have benefited from vaccination with the inscription “EDWARD JENNER A VACCINE TO END SMALLPOX”

I knew that would get your attention😂

On 10/06/2022 at 11:38, LawrenceChard said:

More to follow.

From this list of coin designs, the one which makes me think "Why?" is the "Rome" one.

Is this going to be the first of a new series, Ancient World, Ancient Cities, Capital Cities, Holiday Destinations for Brits?

I guess the mystery will be revealed in good time.

😎

Chards

31 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

From this list of coin designs, the one which makes me think "Why?" is the "Rome" one.

Is this going to be the first of a new series, Ancient World, Ancient Cities, Capital Cities, Holiday Destinations for Brits?

😎

Let's "hope" it's the second City Views release. 

Much more interest for the Harry Potter coins. Is it a 4 coin set, or 4 Single coins? 

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

😎

We demand Benidorm.

On 10/06/2022 at 13:31, Shinus73 said:

OK - saving pennies for the Potter series - been waiting for years for an RM version.

Also - Is a platinum £2 a new thing? I don't recall those being routinely produced.

On 10/06/2022 at 13:37, Paul said:

Think the Harry potter gold could have a chance/potential to have some profit in it, if it's not a massive mintage

On 10/06/2022 at 18:33, Zhorro said:

"Harry Potter dies" - I think you have just let the secret out of the bag!

On 12/06/2022 at 11:11, dikefalos said:

Let's "hope" it's the second City Views release. 

Much more interest for the Harry Potter coins. Is it a 4 coin set, or 4 Single coins? 

Here is a quick visualisation for a Harry Potter design:

HARRYPOTTERMOCKUP4000.thumb.jpg.abc5075fefd96e6f2f1e39b51cd407b3.jpg

But I would be surprised if the real thing looked anything like it!

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards