• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where do all the Costco forms they make me fill in when I buy their Sovereigns go?

2 hours ago, Uksilverstackers said:

My local Costco hasnt had any PM’s for months 🙁....

I wonder if Costco will special order what you want in if you call them. My local store’s good with getting stock in on a weekly basis, usually six sovs at a time which sell within days. It's a race to beat the other interested parties sometimes.

1 hour ago, FourNinesFine said:

I've bought a couple from Costco. They were the cheapest by almost £10 per coin when I got mine, due to the spot price increase that they hadn't caught up with.

They explained to me that the forms were mainly to show that I acccepted the 'no returns' policy and to meet anti- Money Laundering regulations.

I always checck their prices compared to the 'market' whenever I'm in there doing a bulk shop. But generally, I buy from bullion dealers online.

I Never thought I’d be buying gold with the shopping. It’s still a novelty. :) 

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

Sometimes I think we are the only UK dealer who can spot a fake!

😎

I’m getting pretty good myself lol. I’ve got a magnifying glass (I don’t know what I’m looking for) a digital calliper (22.05 for sovereign diameter - I spent weeks thinking it was 22.5 and wondering why my Costco sovs were undersize) and a scale (7.98 grams for sovs) and a pair of Mickey Mouse gloves to stop the fingerprints (even though all my sovs are in capsules)

1 hour ago, James32 said:

I can recommend chards/tavex/bleyer but also many sellers on here.

Infact I think the president of @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer is actually a member on here...but his name escapes me 🙃

Thanks for the info. I believe my mums friend’s aunt’s brother once spoke to a man who knew of an acquaintance who may have once passed by his shop. But it’s only a rumour.

1 hour ago, TheShinyStuff said:

@LawrenceChard - why don't you give @GoldDabbler the first one for free, you know, to see if he likes it?! You know he'll be back, and back and back...

One … monster … box of sovs? Oh I accept! If you haven’t any sovs, happy to take a case of 1oz Brits instead :D

1 hour ago, Gordy said:

Have a look at the 'compare' tab on here, the links take you to the websites and they all sell brand new bullion sovs, if you find a price cheaper on there than the RM ask the members on here for reccomendations, I've personally bought off companies who are on the compare link

Including;

Bleyer

Chards

Gerrards

Hatton Garden Metals

Brittania Coin Company

SilverTrader (silver only site, no gold)

will be using Tavex when prices settle

Advice on buying from these will be readily available on here..

I know its all about confidence and until you gain it you can stay away from older sovs and just buy new, the dealers selling new (fakes) would go out of business in days.

Thanks very much for compiling that list Gordy. I’ll copy it down and refer to it as I expand my gold dabbling horizons.

I usually stop for a few seconds in Costco, en-route to the meat & fish section, to drool over the 500g Baird bar that would cost you £24,500 then ask would a VIP card give me 2% cash reward plus a further 1% paying by AMEX ?
Pricing their 1 oz Britannias and sovereigns, although competitive, they are not the cheapest but with a couple of percent refunded ( if bullion counts ) that's a different matter.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I usually stop for a few seconds in Costco, en-route to the meat & fish section, to drool over the 500g Baird bar that would cost you £24,500 then ask would a VIP card give me 2% cash reward plus a further 1% paying by AMEX ?
Pricing their 1 oz Britannias and sovereigns, although competitive, they are not the cheapest but with a couple of percent refunded ( if bullion counts ) that's a different matter.

I think that was the first thing the Mrs asked when we bought our first sov. Cashback! :D Fairly sure it was a big fat no on gold purchases, as we were about to upgrade our membership to VIP to cash in. 

Agreed Costco aren't the cheapest but factor in the online P&P and waiting around for deliveries and I'm a Costco convert. 

20 minutes ago, GoldDabbler said:

I wonder if Costco will special order what you want in if you call them. My local store’s good with getting stock in on a weekly basis, usually six sovs at a time which sell within days. It's a race to beat the other interested parties sometimes.

I Never thought I’d be buying gold with the shopping. It’s still a novelty. :) 

I’m getting pretty good myself lol. I’ve got a magnifying glass (I don’t know what I’m looking for) a digital calliper (22.05 for sovereign diameter - I spent weeks thinking it was 22.5 and wondering why my Costco sovs were undersize) and a scale (7.98 grams for sovs) and a pair of Mickey Mouse gloves to stop the fingerprints (even though all my sovs are in capsules)

Thanks for the info. I believe my mums friend’s aunt’s brother once spoke to a man who knew of an acquaintance who may have once passed by his shop. But it’s only a rumour.

One … monster … box of sovs? Oh I accept! If you haven’t any sovs, happy to take a case of 1oz Brits instead :D

Thanks very much for compiling that list Gordy. I’ll copy it down and refer to it as I expand my gold dabbling horizons.

We will, but 6 sovs would last about 5 minutes!

In that case, you are already ahead of some dealers, and most UK auction houses.

I think I know exactly who you mean, and yes it's just a rumour, or so I heard.

I think we are down to our last monster box of 2022 gold sovereigns, but don't worry, we have another due in next week.

Re the case of 1oz Brits, are you after gold, silver, or platinum? We have them all available.

He's a good guy!

😎

Chards

image.png.c259b6162c648aa22c8c92a008e3248a.png

image.png.dc1bd35ebe7466181984cfab55ddebf0.png

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

19 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

The RM is seldom the best answer for bullion.

Do you ever look at any of the price comparison sites?

19 hours ago, GoldDabbler said:

Regarding the price compassion sites, yes, I’ve looked but until I feel more confident with sending a few hundred quid across for a state unseen sovereign I’ll stick to ordering my car insurance on them :D

I think TSF might be the ultimate compassion site "sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others."

When I mentioned comparison sites, I was not meaning the commercial ones for insurance, cars, etc, but specific bullion related ones.

First, there is one here on TSF: https://www.thesilverforum.com/compare/

Although it only compares single piece prices, where @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer do not always come first, rather than serious investment quantities where they / we are usually the best deal. I also suspect that some dealers artificially tweak their single piece prices to look good on comparison sites.

A quick Google search found:

https://www.gold-price.co.uk/gold/gold-coins/Sovereign/#!sale,143,8770

Which, in my opinion, is rubbish. It's 2022 bullion sovereign top spot was 
2022    Gold Investments Ltd. £ 387.14 (plus £10 shipping?).

Perhaps it only shows paid entries, but if so it fails to clearly alert people to this important information.

A glance at our own https://www.chards.co.uk/2022-gold-sovereign-uncirculated-coin/15066 site, showed £379.99, plus £6 UK delivery = £385.99

and:

Price Comparison Against Other UK Bullion Dealers - Updated at 07-May-2022 06:34

Qty Chards (Excl Delivery) Chards (Inc Delivery) B* G* AB BB SP UKB
1 £379.99 £385.99 £388.90 £387.50 £392.60 OOS £391.10 £388.83
5 £379.27 £380.67 £387.70 £382.80 £390.80 OOS £390.51 £387.28
10 £378.55 £379.35 £387.30 £381.90 £389.90 OOS £390.12 £386.50
25 £378.19 £378.67 £386.60 £380.90 £389.00 OOS £389.53 £385.92
50 £377.48 £377.84 £385.80 £379.80 £388.10 OOS £388.75 £385.33
100 £376.58 £376.89 £384.60 £378.90 £387.20 OOS £388.16 £384.56
250 £376.40 £376.75 £384.40 £378.50 £386.30 OOS £387.18 £384.17
500 £375.86 £376.16 £384.20 £378.10 £386.30 OOS £387.18 £383.78
1000 £375.68 £375.96 £383.80 £377.40 £386.30 OOS £387.18 £383.20

Although it does not include CostCo, probably because CostCo does not have systems good enough to handle live prices either instore or online. We might try a manual comparison someday, but you could always give some feedback here next time you go shopping.

There was also: https://www.coincompare.co.uk/2022-sovereign-gold-bullion-coin

Which I was happy to see showed Chards at the top, although we would have been in 2nd place by 51 pence after UK delivery! 😒

It also has "Stock: Availability" and "Show Quantity Breaks" features.

I feel sure there are other Precious Metal / Bullion comparison sites out there somewhere, but that was all I could find without wasting lots of time.

😎

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

We might try a manual comparison someday, but you could always give some feedback here next time you go shopping.

image.png.081047e3cbba9d3449b713ec711513be.png

Coooooooooooin Compaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrreeeeeeeee!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

40 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I think TSF might be the ultimate compassion site "sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others."

When I mentioned comparison sites, I was not meaning the commercial ones for insurance, cars, etc, but specific bullion related ones.

First, there is one here on TSF: https://www.thesilverforum.com/compare/

Although it only compares single piece prices, where @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer do not always come first, rather than serious investment quantities where they / we are usually the best deal. I also suspect that some dealers artificially tweak their single piece prices to look good on comparison sites.

A quick Google search found:

https://www.gold-price.co.uk/gold/gold-coins/Sovereign/#!sale,143,8770

Which, in my opinion, is rubbish. It's 2022 bullion sovereign top spot was 
2022    Gold Investments Ltd. £ 387.14 (plus £10 shipping?).

Perhaps it only shows paid entries, but if so it fails to clearly alert people to this important information.

A glance at our own https://www.chards.co.uk/2022-gold-sovereign-uncirculated-coin/15066 site, showed £379.99, plus £6 UK delivery = £385.99

and:

Price Comparison Against Other UK Bullion Dealers - Updated at 07-May-2022 06:34

Qty Chards (Excl Delivery) Chards (Inc Delivery) B* G* AB BB SP UKB
1 £379.99 £385.99 £388.90 £387.50 £392.60 OOS £391.10 £388.83
5 £379.27 £380.67 £387.70 £382.80 £390.80 OOS £390.51 £387.28
10 £378.55 £379.35 £387.30 £381.90 £389.90 OOS £390.12 £386.50
25 £378.19 £378.67 £386.60 £380.90 £389.00 OOS £389.53 £385.92
50 £377.48 £377.84 £385.80 £379.80 £388.10 OOS £388.75 £385.33
100 £376.58 £376.89 £384.60 £378.90 £387.20 OOS £388.16 £384.56
250 £376.40 £376.75 £384.40 £378.50 £386.30 OOS £387.18 £384.17
500 £375.86 £376.16 £384.20 £378.10 £386.30 OOS £387.18 £383.78
1000 £375.68 £375.96 £383.80 £377.40 £386.30 OOS £387.18 £383.20

Although it does not include CostCo, probably because CostCo does not have systems good enough to handle live prices either instore or online. We might try a manual comparison someday, but you could always give some feedback here next time you go shopping.

Which I was happy to see showed Chards at the top, although we would have been in 2nd place by 51 pence after UK delivery! 😒

It also has "Stock: Availability" and "Show Quantity Breaks" features.

I feel sure there are other Precious Metal / Bullion comparison sites out there somewhere, but that was all I could find without wasting lots of time.

😎

I can’t use TSF comparisons. I don’t have premium membership. Subscription doth beckon if I decide to start buying privately from members.

I’ve popped your website into my bookmarks and will compare your prices to Costco next time I’m thinking about sticking another coin in the pot.

Thanks again for all the info.

21 minutes ago, GoldDabbler said:

I can’t use TSF comparisons. I don’t have premium membership. Subscription doth beckon if I decide to start buying privately from members.

I’ve popped your website into my bookmarks and will compare your prices to Costco next time I’m thinking about sticking another coin in the pot.

Thanks again for all the info.

You're welcome...

... and using our comparison is completely free of charge!

P.S. Try asking CostCo how their prices compare with Chards, or...

Ask them why they are more expensive. 

😎

Chards

Just now, GoldDabbler said:

I'm waiting for a dip. 50p off and I'll be up there like a shot for another shiny shiny. :D 

How much are you paying? Have no costco here...so just want to know what I'm missing 😕 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, James32 said:

How much are you paying? Have no costco here...so just want to know what I'm missing 😕 

You need to get your hoover pipe extended.

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

Costco prices for full sovereigns over the past few months:

14 Feb £335.99

24 Feb £349.99

3 March £366.49

6 March £366.49

29 April £375.99

I forgot 1 April £365.99. Went down a quid. Woooo :D 

I mean 50p haha.

Edited by GoldDabbler

6 minutes ago, GoldDabbler said:

14 Feb £335.99

24 Feb £349.99

3 March £366.49

6 March £366.49

29 April £375.99

I mean 50p haha.

Wish we could go back to Feb lol

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

Wish we could go back to Feb lol

I wish I’d taken my old ma’s offer of buying some sovereigns for my 18th birthday. A good few decades ago now. I went for a VHS recorder instead. Doh! I still grimace when I think about it 😕 

Edited by GoldDabbler

1 minute ago, GoldDabbler said:

I wish I’d taken my old ma’s offer of buying some sovereigns for my 18th birthday. A good few decades ago now. I went for a VHS recorder instead. Doh! I still grimace when I think about it 😕 

Could be worse All i thought coins were for were smuggling up ya todger as joke the naafi in the army!

2 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Could be worse All i thought coins were for were smuggling up ya todger as joke the naafi in the army!

Price of sovs in the early 70s! I thought, they'll never hold their value. Better late than never I suppose. Helps me sleep a bit better at night.

6 minutes ago, GoldDabbler said:

But at least you got good viewing pleasure out of your VHS recorder and should have recorded some of your favourite TV programs.

It would have been boring watching a sovereign for all those years ! 😁

9 minutes ago, Happypanda88 said:

But at least you got good viewing pleasure out of your VHS recorder and should have recorded some of your favourite TV programs.

It would have been boring watching a sovereign for all those years ! 😁

I’d rather have watched a sovereign thinking about some of the absolute tripe I watched on it. :D Also, I’ve got a younger sister and every time we fell out she stuck cornflakes in it. I had to bribe her to stop doing it with a fiver.

28 minutes ago, GoldDabbler said:

my 1st sov was around 30 years ago, got it for £30.00 i think, sold it a few years later for £60 or something... oh the wonder of future knowledge......

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

1 hour ago, GoldDabbler said:

14 Feb £335.99

24 Feb £349.99

3 March £366.49

6 March £366.49

29 April £375.99

I mean 50p haha.

There was a place in Blackpool that used to sell sovereigns at £4 each, £37.10s per 10, £365 per 100, and £3500 per 1000.

It was called R&L Coins.

😎

Chards