• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where do all the Costco forms they make me fill in when I buy their Sovereigns go?

1 hour ago, James32 said:

How much are you paying? Have no costco here...so just want to know what I'm missing 😕 

great prices on crispy duck and pancakes... 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

35 minutes ago, Gordy said:

my 1st sov was around 30 years ago, got it for £30.00 i think, sold it a few years later for £60 or something... oh the wonder of future knowledge......

Painful. I’ve thrown comics out from the 60s costing pennies now selling for two grand on eBay. Who’d have thought that one day they’d be a global interlinked trade system ran from a home computer where people will buy any old tat.

I’m still waiting for my lottery predictions to come right. That probably wont happen either.

35 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Not a lot!

😎

I beg to differ :D Stacking the trolley with chicken and cheap bog rolls while swinging by the cash desk to grab a sov on the way out is hard to beat. True, there’s low customer pamper care. There’s no free coffee, no fluffing, no velvet cloth to view your gold on, usually its casually dropped on a pile of invoices from a passing manager who’s taken one out of the safe but! … but :D buying this way is a fair bit easier than making an extra trip out. More time, more hassle. Maybe Tesco will start selling gold too. :D 

23 minutes ago, Gordy said:

great prices on crispy duck and pancakes... 

I must be uber posh as I dont know any costcos down sarf

must a peasants northern thing....

****Looks down and sniffs at the peasants*****

Ive started buying gold now you know!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Just now, HerefordBullyun said:

I must be uber posh as I dont know any costcos down sarf

must a peasants northern thing....

****Looks down and sniffs at the peasants*****

Ive started buying gold now you know!

Gold is like pringles or virginity...once you pop..you can't st....

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

18 minutes ago, GoldDabbler said:

Painful. I’ve thrown comics out from the 60s costing pennies now selling for two grand on eBay. Who’d have thought that one day they’d be a global interlinked trade system ran from a home computer where people will buy any old tat.

I’m still waiting for my lottery predictions to come right. That probably wont happen either.

I beg to differ :D Stacking the trolley with chicken and cheap bog rolls while swinging by the cash desk to grab a sov on the way out is hard to beat. True, there’s low customer pamper care. There’s no free coffee, no fluffing, no velvet cloth to view your gold on, usually its casually dropped on a pile of invoices from a passing manager who’s taken one out of the safe but! … but :D buying this way is a fair bit easier than making an extra trip out. More time, more hassle. Maybe Tesco will start selling gold too. :D 

Some of our customers get (free) tea or coffee (instant😒).

There's also free expert advice, friendly helpful staff, loading bay if required, pallet truck assistance to your car / armoured truck, free fondle of a one kilo gold bar, the list goes on...

😎

Chards

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

, free fondle of a one kilo gold bar, 

😎

phooooooooooooooooooooooooooowar maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatron

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

30 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Some of our customers get (free) tea or coffee (instant😒).

There's also free expert advice, friendly helpful staff, loading bay if required, pallet truck assistance to your car / armoured truck, free fondle of a one kilo gold bar, the list goes on...

😎

I wont need a pallet for my gold purchases. A matchbox will suffice. :D

1 hour ago, GoldDabbler said:

more than free coffee in costco, free cake, free stirfry, free wine, free yogurt, free baileys at xmas, free cooked fish... the list is endless, we go for our breakfast dinner and tea rolled into one, an hour in costco and you can be full up fed and watered... 😂

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

11 minutes ago, Gordy said:

more than free coffee in costco, free cake, free stirfry, free wine, free yogurt, free baileys at xmas, free cooked fish... the list is endless, we go for our breakfast dinner and tea rolled into one, an hour in costco and you can be full up fed and watered... 😂

free naafi growlers?

12 hours ago, Gordy said:

Yup. If there's free samples of chicken nuggets I accidentally forget to pick up the nearby shopping so I have to go back. And back. And back. They get a bit shirty after the fifth sample but it sure keeps you going till lunch time :D

1 hour ago, GoldDabbler said:

Makes you want to cry doesn't it? :D 

No, smile actually, although if we (for it was my cousin and I) had greater market penetration, we culd have sold 10 or 100 times more than we did as an LCS. We would have made more profit, and we would have had amuch bigger pool of previous customers sitting on sizable investments. 

They were good days though, and we used to make about 10 pence each on them (at the 1000 piece price).

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

No, smile actually, although if we (for it was my cousin and I) had greater market penetration, we culd have sold 10 or 100 times more than we did as an LCS. We would have made more profit, and we would have had amuch bigger pool of previous customers sitting on sizable investments. 

They were good days though, and we used to make about 10 pence each on them (at the 1000 piece price).

😎

It makes me want to cry. When I think about the £££s wasted on beer, clubs, pubs, poor quality restaurant meals and holidays spent pished and best remembered for arguments, I wish I had stayed at home with a fortune tucked away someplace. instead. Anyway I'm repeating myself so I'll stop banging on lol. 

41 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

What's a VHS? 🧐 

Are they like those old school, square dvd disks but with spools on them? 

It's what us old folks had for entertainment before the internet took over the planet.  Simpler times :) 

On 06/05/2022 at 11:14, GoldDabbler said:

I’ve taken to picking up the odd sovereign or two at Costco during the monthly shop and wondered where the forms they have me fill in each time I make a pm purchase go. I’ve asked several managers and got several replies, all as clear as mud, and I’m still wondering what Costco do with my purchase details. Do they wait until I’ve spent ten thou’ annually and then fire the forms off to the taxman or do they sit on all the forms in a basement X-Files type filing cabinet until they age off? I don't want to get clobbered by some unexpected pitfall through stacking pms I'm not aware of. Any and all answers will be appreciated, even the wrong ones. :D 

Just to try and tempt you to buy online and save money, @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer just tweaked the prices of 2022 bullion sovereigns today, on singles, and a few of the other quantity breaks too.

When you do buy from the Royal Mint, do you schlepp all the way over to Llantrisant, or do you order online / by phone?

😎

Chards