• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where do all the Costco forms they make me fill in when I buy their Sovereigns go?

I normally get sovs in my local costco at about £10 for 1 coin under normal chards, atties or a n other online prices and no p&p either.

I usually take a look at the online price before i go in.

Last couple of visits this week prices have been a little high for my liking and have bought on-line with my other gold stack purchases. 

The bairds bars are very competitive like for like though .

On 06/05/2022 at 13:22, LawrenceChard said:

Some of my questions were slightly rhetorical, as I would hope that a certain Blackpool Coin and Bullion dealer would "win" on all or most points.

I am sure you are right in buying when prices spike, and before they have updated their prices. Well done!

Of course, you probably miss out when prices dip, and they don't update.

😎

my local costco is 1.5 miles away.  so no post in your case or "free post" as you call it for other places.  So you deffo lose on that score. 

If its only one or two at a time, it can be well worth buying from them rather than online and you have the advantage of seeing it before you buy.  is it the most knowledgeable or luxourious place, hell no.  but then if its only bullion, then surely the best price is the thing, not the fripperies.  and by being a member of this forum, we would presumably have a sliver of knowledge about it before makign a purchase.

And, yeh as others have mentioned, the form is for them to keep inline with KYC.

Edited by bluffer

On 07/05/2022 at 18:03, GoldDabbler said:

Painful. I’ve thrown comics out from the 60s costing pennies now selling for two grand on eBay. Who’d have thought that one day they’d be a global interlinked trade system ran from a home computer where people will buy any old tat.

I’m still waiting for my lottery predictions to come right. That probably wont happen either.

I beg to differ :D Stacking the trolley with chicken and cheap bog rolls while swinging by the cash desk to grab a sov on the way out is hard to beat. True, there’s low customer pamper care. There’s no free coffee, no fluffing, no velvet cloth to view your gold on, usually its casually dropped on a pile of invoices from a passing manager who’s taken one out of the safe but! … but :D buying this way is a fair bit easier than making an extra trip out. More time, more hassle. Maybe Tesco will start selling gold too. :D 

no free coffee but there are cheap hot dogs :)

I remember while in Germany a few years ago you could buy 1g and 5g gold bars from vending machines in motorway services. That's proper faff free gold buying! If i remember it was Metalor bars.

Most of the time costco are the best price for sovs and it's the 1oz brits that the price isn't so great. The gold bars size starts at 20g so the price puts me off on my 1 or 2 visits per week.

23 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Just to try and tempt you to buy online and save money, @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer just tweaked the prices of 2022 bullion sovereigns today, on singles, and a few of the other quantity breaks too.

When you do buy from the Royal Mint, do you schlepp all the way over to Llantrisant, or do you order online / by phone?

😎

There's little difference in price from the sellers online and it doesn't seem worth the trouble of making multiple accounts with different businesses to save a quid here and there. Convenience is king :D 

20 hours ago, StackemHigh said:

I normally get sovs in my local costco at about £10 for 1 coin under normal chards, atties or a n other online prices and no p&p either.

I usually take a look at the online price before i go in.

Last couple of visits this week prices have been a little high for my liking and have bought on-line with my other gold stack purchases. 

The bairds bars are very competitive like for like though .

I too think the Baird bars are attractively priced at Costco. I'm tempted to get a small one to add a bit of variety to my stack. Appealing. I've had gold fever for three months and all I can say is, I'm glad my fever hasn't broken :D 

1 minute ago, Bigmarc said:

Depends of how much you like shopping, I would rather stick a fork in my bo**ock than go shopping in a warehouse full of people pushing oversized trollies and buying giant gazebos and inflatable canoes. Convenience is just clicking the buy it now button without even setting a foot outside and it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg in pizzas and ice-cream's on the way out. 

I'll agree it's not the nicest place to shop. It's often packed with stressed out miserable people who look like they'ed be happy to murder you for accidentally leaving your trolley in an aisle they're trying to get though. Best to keep your head down, get your stuff and get out. But there's a prize to be had and I think it's worth the effort. If you can get out alive :D 

On 08/05/2022 at 11:55, GoldDabbler said:

It makes me want to cry. When I think about the £££s wasted on beer, clubs, pubs, poor quality restaurant meals and holidays spent pished and best remembered for arguments, I wish I had stayed at home with a fortune tucked away someplace. instead. Anyway I'm repeating myself so I'll stop banging on lol. 

so you could now waste it on beer, clubs, pubs, poor quality ....etc etc.  but the back n knees have gone and the treacles  don't give you a second glance now.  😜

10 minutes ago, CANV said:

so you could now waste it on beer, clubs, pubs, poor quality ....etc etc.  but the back n knees have gone and the treacles  don't give you a second glance now.  😜

If I'd skipped a few relationships in my earlier years I'd be a lot better off now :D  Every treacle I ever knew ended up costing me more money than I could afford. And when i got a better job to pay for that, the financial ceiling went up accordingly and I wasn't any better off. Including now lol.

3 minutes ago, GoldDabbler said:

If I'd skipped a few relationships in my earlier years I'd be a lot better off now :D  Every treacle I ever knew ended up costing me more money than I could afford. And when i got a better job to pay for that, the financial ceiling went up accordingly and I wasn't any better off. Including now lol.

Well take a leaf out of @GoldDiggerDave's book...marry a rich woman who treats you well.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

43 minutes ago, James32 said:

Well take a leaf out of @GoldDiggerDave's book...marry a rich woman who treats you well.

Thats very difficult for a guy like me, when I have a face like a blistered pishpot!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Well take a leaf out of my book...marry a rich woman who treats you well. Myself.

1 hour ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Thats very difficult for a guy like me, when I have a face like a blistered pishpot!

FTFY... @James32has a dirty trumpet that needs a polisher?

78av.gif

2 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

Depends of how much you like shopping, I would rather stick a fork in my bo**ock than go shopping in a warehouse full of people pushing oversized trollies and buying giant gazebos and inflatable canoes. Convenience is just clicking the buy it now button without even setting a foot outside and it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg in pizzas and ice-cream's on the way out. 

The master criminal in me is now calculating the odds in smuggling bullion hidden inside a giant inflatable canoe past the dolly bird on the checkout. Might need to practice the James Bond smooth talking as a distraction technique...

54 minutes ago, MonkeysUncle said:

The master criminal in me is now calculating the odds in smuggling bullion hidden inside a giant inflatable canoe past the dolly bird on the checkout. Might need to practice the James Bond smooth talking as a distraction technique...

Just get a part time job there and it's an inside job, and you get to chat up the dolly bird!

7 hours ago, StackemHigh said:

Just get a part time job there and it's an inside job, and you get to chat up the dolly bird!

Gold's in a safe. Manager access only. Secure as a bank probably. I just don't want to pop in for my monthly sov and find it's has been turned over. I'd end up buying the canoe to console myself.

I don't know why Costco doesn't sell half sovereigns as I'd be inclined to buy one on a shopping trip there considering the price of a full sovereign now. I did buy one from them earlier this year and haven't bothered since but will do later this year as I've over £300 on my executive member card that gives 2% cashback on purchases. That'll make buying one easier on my pocket. 

8 minutes ago, MickB said:

I don't know why Costco doesn't sell half sovereigns as I'd be inclined to buy one on a shopping trip there considering the price of a full sovereign now. I did buy one from them earlier this year and haven't bothered since but will do later this year as I've over £300 on my executive member card that gives 2% cashback on purchases. That'll make buying one easier on my pocket. 

Sadly the 2% cash back doesn't apply to gold purchases. First thing checked on the first sovereign purchased. Agreed it's a shame Costco don't sell half sovs. I also wish they sold 1oz silver Britannias. They're not quite a one stop shop for pms atm.

Edited by GoldDabbler

Just now, GoldDabbler said:

Sadly the 2% cash back doesn't apply to gold purchases. First thing checked on the first sovereign purchased. It also a shame Costco don't sell half sovs. I also wish they sold 1oz silver Britannias. They're not quite a one stop shop for pms atm.

You can't get 2% cashback on gold purchases as I checked my receipt at the time but that shouldn't stop anyone buying gold with the cashback they've earned.

30 minutes ago, FourNinesFine said:

My local one had a silver bar in, last time. First time I'd seen that.

The Bairds bar was looking at it side-eyed, in a 'hold my beer' kind of way.

Haha! The Bairds make the rest of the pms look shabby by comparison. I took the Mrs to the display case the first time I bought a sov. It was the smallest pm  :D I almost felt embarrassed buying it as I couldn't stretch to the Brit. :D 

48 minutes ago, MickB said:

You can't get 2% cashback on gold purchases as I checked my receipt at the time but that shouldn't stop anyone buying gold with the cashback they've earned.

I'm not sure. Costco have some funny rules. Like the 2% off gold getting nobbled. I'll ask next time I'm in. I want some of that :D 

On 11/05/2022 at 06:50, GoldDabbler said:

Gold's in a safe. Manager access only. Secure as a bank probably. I just don't want to pop in for my monthly sov and find it's has been turned over. I'd end up buying the canoe to console myself.

Knowing how insecure most safes are (I'm not joking!) then that does seem a bit daft unless they carry very little stock.

Might be safer (nice pun, yes?) hidden in one of those fake Heinz Baked Bean tins and stashed with the real ones overnight. Unless of course a burglar desperate for beans on toast breks in! 

Now Post Office safes are way way better, proper security with limpets. And bank vaults better still. And I dare bet the likes of Chards has a rotty. Or a scary Northern fighting woman on the premises overnight! :)

• 11 months later...