• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Stopping using Royal Mint for good ? Boycotting completely, voting with your feet/wallet, discussion.....

I was thinking of purchasing from the Royal Mint, but would prefer to avoid these issues & support better businesses instead. 

Can anyone advise me please of the best places to buy 2022 Silver Britannia's, quality & price the consideration as always. 

Faulty Towers Would be in reality such a fun place to spend a long weekend, But the rm is such a BIG  gamble i just don't go there any more.

If Basil ran the rm the quality would be higher as he really did give two flyin F**KS 

Need we say anymore, " I'm from Barcelona", "Que"

It was about 6 years ago i stopped giving a fig leaf about the rm.

As Arnie would have said, "I'll be Back." erm NO I WON"T"

I won't buy an rm product from the rm again. The shocking quality from them would make kindergarten children weep like their mommies and daddies didn't love them anymore!!!

1 hour ago, Diamond said:

I was thinking of purchasing from the Royal Mint, but would prefer to avoid these issues & support better businesses instead. 

Can anyone advise me please of the best places to buy 2022 Silver Britannia's, quality & price the consideration as always. 

I'd buy from not another source but from a different mint totally rm really sucks

WWW.SILVERTRADER.UK has some nice product and some very nice Albion Bars. Take a look!

3 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

So, who's in the queue?  What is it today?  I hope it is better than last week's Eeyawn.

Well I wasn't but I am now...hoping for a silver and gold Easter bunny. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, westminstrel said:

It’s Peter Rabbit. It was advertised on the website this morning as being available from 9 am. 

Close enough to pretend it's the Easter 🐰 

The only queue I will get a low number in😅

Just now, James32 said:

Close enough to pretend it's the Easter 🐰 

The only queue I will get a low number in😅

🤣🤣🤣 still got number 714 🥳

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

You’re not the only one.  I’m certain that is why they’re releasing it close to Easter. 😉

Gee I got a queue number of 150 something and I don’t want anything - I’m just here for the fun of it.

£150 for a piggy bank🤣 

Just now, Zhorro said:

After last week's Eeyawn, now Peter Rabbit, I am beginning to wonder who the RM think are their target customers.

Probably think it's a crowd of morons on "some forum somewhere" 

Hi 🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

£150 for a piggy bank🤣 

Wonder if you can put 150 £1 coins in there? piggy bank will properly be worth more than you can hold in there? lol.

Although can put gold coins in there i suppose, might be a safe place 🤣

On 26/03/2022 at 13:41, Paul said:

Just making this a separate thread, to put it out there for open discussion for the community here

It is mentioned on various comments with great regularity ongoing multiple issues with usually Royal Mint Inc

• QC issues
  • Flawed/damaged coins being sent out
  • Packing/capsules
  • Multiple returns
  • Delays
  • Rapid fire, conveyor belt like releases one after another, week after week
  • Lack lustre customer support
  • Selling "pre-graded70" coins
  • ......take your pick

Is it not the case, we should just wave our white flags and stop supporting and spending our cash with a brand.

Would you still use a restaurant if you had experienced this many issues 

Would you still a garage to work on your car if this was how you were dealt with

Would you stay a hotel that resembles Fawlty Towers levels of complaints  

With the multiple releases Ive purchased in the past year, im paying down this year (Queens Beasts Completer proofs, Great Engravers gold coins, multiple 2022 jubilee sovereign sets) after that i think I'm personally done with running the gauntlet of every release or trying backing the next RM winning horse, with the exception of keeping the Great Engravers series going  

Any new release I fancy for my stack, I will just take my luck buying at auction instead, already graded and nothing to worry about

Any opinions ? discussions ? 

Stopping using Royal Mint for good ?

For a while I have been thinking we should set up our own mint in competition.

I should have posted this reply on 1st April, as it is smade partly in jest, but...

I have seriously wondered whether it would be possible to set up a competitor mint, by which I mean with the authority and permission to issue legal tender UK coins.

Anwering my own question, I think it would be possible, but would take years of lobbying, legal action, challenging the RM monopoly, and more...

I might just go skiing instead.

😎

Chards

@LawrenceChard could you not strike up an exclusively deal with St Helena bullion products? The silver guinea was a great 1oz coin and the queens virtues are beautiful.  

Apologies in advance for any typos I’m typing one handed on my phone in the rain.

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@LawrenceChard could you not strike up an exclusively deal with St Helena bullion products? The silver guinea was a great 1oz coin and the queens virtues are beautiful.  

Apologies in advance for any typos I’m typing one handed on my phone in the rain.

Anyone could get an exclusive deal with St. Helena, Tristan da Cunha, Solomon Islands, etc., if you wave enough money at the right person, but a UK issue carries more kudos.

It's always good to get your excuses in early.

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards