• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1/10th coin run.

Dakaras

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Is those tubes you got just for 1/10th coins?

The red ones will take the 22mm black ring air-tites for full sov's or 1/4 Brits, TB, QB ect and the black top ones will take the air-tite caps for half sov's and smaller. That's what I have in mine anyway

Just now, Mtaybar said:

The red ones will take the 22mm black ring air-tites for full sov's or 1/4 Brits, TB, QB ect and the black top ones will take the air-tite caps for half sov's and smaller. That's what I have in mine anyway

Does any have the ability to house a 33.3mm capsule? So would need at least a 34mm inside diameter/circumference?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

11 minutes ago, James32 said:

Does any have the ability to house a 33.3mm capsule? So would need at least a 34mm inside diameter/circumference?

So the black cap has my half sov's, 1/10th, 1/20th & 1/25th in it. The red cap has my full sov's in but they are the same diameter as the 1/4 Brits, T B, QB ect. Hopefully the pictures help.

IMG20220613121933.jpg

IMG20220613121850.jpg

IMG20220613121811.jpg

IMG20220613121643.jpg

24 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

So the black cap has my half sov's, 1/10th, 1/20th & 1/25th in it. The red cap has my full sov's in but they are the same diameter as the 1/4 Brits, T B, QB ect. Hopefully the pictures help.

When measuring tubes just consider some taper ever so slightly.... 

My tubes for sovs in capsules almost looked perfect for half crowns until they got wedged 2\3 the way down

1 hour ago, Mtaybar said:

So as these are frosted, would doing the bicarbonate of soda and hot water trick damage them if I try to clean them does anyone know? 

IMG20220613104605.jpg

IMG20220613105459.jpg

Oh mate you snagged a Ukraine Angel! Great job. My run half done now, I've got an Oz, but some are rounds so  still aiming for 2 Oz total, 1 Oz with legal tender and 1oz in rounds but different mints to first 10 , must be mentally ill I think, premium on some has been bonkers but I figured that premium will hold up or gold will catch it up in next 15 years .

Congratulations on finishing it ! 

18 minutes ago, Dakaras said:

Oh mate you snagged a Ukraine Angel! Great job. My run half done now, I've got an Oz, but some are rounds so  still aiming for 2 Oz total, 1 Oz with legal tender and 1oz in rounds but different mints to first 10 , must be mentally ill I think, premium on some has been bonkers but I figured that premium will hold up or gold will catch it up in next 15 years .

Congratulations on finishing it ! 

Thanks mucker. Some are definitely bonkers on premium for sure. They will always have a premium though so if ever I had to sell o can recoup it. But as these are a collection of love I'm not looking at resale value anyway. That's a bridge I'll cross if I ever get to it. You're not doing too badly with your collection though mucker.... I mean, you're mad putting yourself through it twice but it's what separates the men from the boys right 🤣

My last purchase.😁 Not yet in my hand but will be very soon.

1/10oz gold in a very unusual shape.

Please, keep in mind my passion for spoons.😁, so do not judge me for the high premium for this beauty with only 1000 mintage.

https://minted-uk.com/product/the-buel-spoon-legendary-lures-2020-cook-islands-1-10th-oz-gold-coin/

s-l500 - 2022-06-20T115025.474.jpg

s-l500 - 2022-06-20T115045.592.jpg

2 hours ago, stefffana said:

My last purchase.😁 Not yet in my hand but will be very soon.

1/10oz gold in a very unusual shape.

Please, keep in mind my passion for spoons.😁, so do not judge me for the high premium for this beauty with only 1000 mintage.

https://minted-uk.com/product/the-buel-spoon-legendary-lures-2020-cook-islands-1-10th-oz-gold-coin/

s-l500 - 2022-06-20T115025.474.jpg

s-l500 - 2022-06-20T115045.592.jpg

Oh now that's a beauty, will post my collection to date probably tomorrow when my other star coin arrives.

@Mtaybargoing to have kittens, I like to keep coins in the packing they come in so no matching caps for me it may look a trifle untidy 

2 minutes ago, Dakaras said:

Oh now that's a beauty, will post my collection to date probably tomorrow when my other star coin arrives.

@Mtaybargoing to have kittens, I like to keep coins in the packing they come in so no matching caps for me it may look a trifle untidy 

What is your next star?😊

1 hour ago, Dakaras said:

My OCD wouldn't let me sleep at night if they weren't all capped the same 🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Dakaras said:

So number 10 arrived this morning! So here's my first Oz of 1/10th coins and rounds. It's not the run I set out to do, wanted them all to be currency for the first 10, then currency or rounds for the second ten but with no duplicate mints.

2006 Saltwater Croc

2015 Brittania

2011 Panda.

2008 French 100 euro.

1999 American Eagle

1996 Singapore Lion

2021 Kookaburra

2018 Libertad

1980 Krugerrand

UAE Burj Khalifa round.

So that's 7 showing dollars , pounds , euros etc and 3 rounds but ones a duplicate mint! Couldn't resist a Kook for collection! 

So need 3 more showing cash value and then another 8 from different mints giving a total of 21. Alas need to get some fait in the bank so spending on hold for a bit! 

Got this far with help from @stefffana without whom this would've never had some interesting pieces and @Mtaybarfor getting the Lib sorted. 

Thank you both.

Worryingly I seem to have started a 1/25th run as 2 on their way. 

IMG_20220621_111210430_HDR.jpg

Lovely coins run! And your effort put in realising this is impressive. I will continue to try find more for you!🤗

Well done!

11 minutes ago, Dakaras said:

So number 10 arrived this morning! So here's my first Oz of 1/10th coins and rounds. It's not the run I set out to do, wanted them all to be currency for the first 10, then currency or rounds for the second ten but with no duplicate mints.

2006 Saltwater Croc

2015 Brittania

2011 Panda.

2008 French 100 euro.

1999 American Eagle

1996 Singapore Lion

2021 Kookaburra

2018 Libertad

1980 Krugerrand

UAE Burj Khalifa round.

So that's 7 showing dollars , pounds , euros etc and 3 rounds but ones a duplicate mint! Couldn't resist a Kook for collection! 

So need 4 more showing cash value and then another 7 from different mints giving a total of 21. Alas need to get some fait in the bank so spending on hold for a bit! 

Got this far with help from @stefffana without whom this would've never had some interesting pieces and @Mtaybarfor getting the Lib sorted. 

Thank you both.

Nicely done sir..... There's some corkers in there. Good luck with the rest. 

4 hours ago, Dakaras said:

2006 Saltwater Croc

2015 Brittania

2011 Panda.

2008 French 100 euro.

1999 American Eagle

1996 Singapore Lion

2021 Kookaburra

2018 Libertad

1980 Krugerrand

UAE Burj Khalifa round.

So need 4 more showing cash value and then another 7 from different mints giving a total of 21. Alas need to get some fait in the bank so spending on hold for a bit! 

Thank you both.

You're welcome 😂😂

Seriously though.. very nice collection.. the Lib was a great addition ❤️

Edited by Puddlejumper19

3 minutes ago, stefffana said:

A challenge now for 1/4oz gold coins run?😁

@James32? Have you finished your 10 x 1/4oz coins run from 10 countries yet?

I ended up with around 20 ffs multiples for uk and Australia 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I've all sorts of random gold run, mini collection targets aside from 20 1/10th I'm also going for a sov run 4 different 1/4 sovereigns, I've a normal current 1/4, a 1/4 Laurel and a queen Victoria/queen Elizabeth so far after an isle of man to finish it up, then there's the 2 X 1/2 again both different then a belter of a full sovereign to finish. And that's along the 1/10 to full Oz Kookaburra set I'd like . So many coins so little cash 🤣

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

@jackflash123 .... This will help you. 

Thanks @Mtaybar yes the images are very helpful 👍

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain