• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Harrington & Bryne fancy envelopes

chrisdobb

How do I stop this company blasting me with their silly embossed envelopes advertising what I am about.

I have marked my account with them to send me no post, I have emailed them to not send any more but still they come.

What is the matter with this company, do they have a death wish, this is no way to operate a company.

5 hours ago, chrisdobb said:

How do I stop this company blasting me with their silly embossed envelopes advertising what I am about.

I have marked my account with them to send me no post, I have emailed them to not send any more but still they come.

What is the matter with this company, do they have a death wish, this is no way to operate a company.

Write to them with a 'signed for' letter asking them to stop.  In your letter state that you give them 30 days to comply and that any further communications with them will be a breach of GDPR and you will report them to the ICO (Information Commissioner Office).  That usually gets their attention.

If they do write again, report them to the ICO who will investigate why they do not comply with data law.

If they are sending you free post envelopes, you can simply wrap up a brick with your message inside, stick the envelope and drop off at your post office.

They have to pay the postage and will get the message quickly.  I did this in the mid 2000’s with a Timeshare company.   Remember to photocopy the free post envelope so you can send plenty of bricks!

Note: Its not permitted to send human waste through the post, and given that many of us use SD as a delivery lifeline not fair on the poor posties if there was to be a spillage! 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

29 minutes ago, dicker said:

If they are sending you free post envelopes, you can simply wrap up a brick with your message inside, stick the envelope and drop off at your post office.

They have to pay the postage and will get the message quickly.  I did this in the mid 2000’s with a Timeshare company.   Remember to photocopy the free post envelope so you can send plenty of bricks!

Note: Its not permitted to send human waste through the post, and given that many of us use SD as a delivery lifeline not fair on the poor posties if there was to be a spillage! 

Have you seen the price of bricks these days !!! ;)

The contents of Tiddles litter tray is free albeit lighter in weight, the message is the same 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

I'm in the same boat, with lots of envelopes arriving with over priced promotions etc.  Wish I'd paid an extra £20 quid and gone elsewhere! 

Can you post a copy of the stuff they are trying to flog would be interesting to see, cheers 

4 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

Maybe I'll try sending a note back to them with the freepost envelope provided

Just use the envelope everytime, think of the cost they will have to incur, and if you can make the envelope over 5mm thick they get charged even more as a large letter!

On 11/04/2022 at 16:13, GoldDiggerDave said:

Can you post a copy of the stuff they are trying to flog would be interesting to see, cheers 

As you are so interested, why not PM me your email address for me to pass on to H&B?! 

Anyway just found the last promo, just up your street perhaps. Its a quarter sovereign with a colour pic of 'Queenie' from Ascension Island, the British Overseas Territory  (Actually run by the Americans!) I was there 4 years ago, but didn't see any gold coins, just a few turtles! - Only £149!  Go on, you know you want one. 😂

Edited by Britannia47

• 4 weeks later...