• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Binlord of the week on ebay

dicker

4 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Anyway, he finally did the right thing. 

I have congratulated him:

Hi, 
Thank you for removing them and doing what a good citizen should do!
Of course, selling them advertised accordingly as copy coins it is ok. If you still are unsure, please go to any jeweller or pawn shop with one coin to be tested for your peace of mind. 
(If they are real gold, they will offer you instantly 98% from the melting value, which is today @£1485/each).
Kindest regards,
Thank you, again!🤗
Stefan.

Generously, he was just a chancer who kids himself that it's OK to do dodgy things if he just doesn't look too closely.  "Can't be lying if I don't know the truth."  He still listed the reference details of the genuine items, as though that is what he was supplying.  That's pretty scummy of itself.  Even if he was oblivious to their true nature.

But just as easily, he absolutely knew what he was doing.

Either way, he just doesn't care.

Well done @stefffana.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

2 hours ago, stefffana said:

He messaged me again. Twice.

Screenshot_20230621-143415.thumb.png.905f0c18b5181858895d534ad41d3b8e.png

Screenshot_20230621-143329.thumb.png.003396e30105e6759e3709aed1f1e99e.png

Where's my 🎻?

Straight to the sympathy vote. Mind you he does like to 'bare' in mind, so maybe he's trying to put clothes on his back.

So the question is... Is he an accidental scammer or an all out blatant scammer? Can you have a fake scammer or are all scammers genuine scammers? Arrghh my head.

Tell him you think they're real coins, but that they're made of Chinese gold, which is worth about 2p per gram.

Just now, SidS said:

Where's my 🎻?

Straight to the sympathy vote. Mind you he does like to 'bare' in mind, so maybe he's trying to put clothes on his back.

So the question is... Is he an accidental scammer or an all out blatant scammer? Can you have a fake scammer or are all scammers genuine scammers? Arrghh my head.

Tell him you think they're real coins, but that they're made of Chinese gold, which is worth about 2p per gram.

😂😂😂😂😂

4 hours ago, Fenlander1 said:

The Chinese bar code label should give it away.

First thing i noticed! lol

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

On 21/06/2023 at 14:52, stefffana said:

Anyway, he finally did the right thing. 

I have congratulated him:

Hi, 
Thank you for removing them and doing what a good citizen should do!
Of course, selling them advertised accordingly as copy coins it is ok. If you still are unsure, please go to any jeweller or pawn shop with one coin to be tested for your peace of mind. 
(If they are real gold, they will offer you instantly 98% from the melting value, which is today @£1485/each).
Kindest regards,
Thank you, again!🤗
Stefan.

Well that didn't last long, at least they are correctly listed now ffs. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374767837690?hash=item5741e761fa:g:uqsAAOSwec9kkvwY

78av.gif

Those kruggerands really are a gift that keeps giving. Already has a negative feedback for selling a fake then does it again. But it's a house clearance I don't know if it is real or not. Ffs

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285345786253?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=XOA5X0mbSOu&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=XV_rZwRPTDu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

16 minutes ago, Fenlander1 said:

Those kruggerands really are a gift that keeps giving. Already has a negative feedback for selling a fake then does it again. But it's a house clearance I don't know if it is real or not. Ffs

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285345786253?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=XOA5X0mbSOu&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=XV_rZwRPTDu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

the 1 negative feedback paid a full £70.00 for a gold krug....... OMG.... there are some right tools out there

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

2 hours ago, Fenlander1 said:

They should have put it in a tin full of other c**p coins - prominently displayed of course.

Unsearched lot... well it's a lot of something, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Gordy said:

the 1 negative feedback paid a full £70.00 for a gold krug....... OMG.... there are some right tools out there

Yes, but did you see that lots of the positive feedbacks are saying fake …….why?🤣

Coins are not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. (Joseph Campbell).

10 hours ago, Fenlander1 said:

The Binlord advertises it with some sort of fallacious credit card style “authenticity” certificate which clearly doesn’t come with the coin.  I suspect it is also from a dodgy Chinese website.  

What cements this one as a Binlord is that his previous sales are whacky.

- Lots of counterfeit coins

- Emu eggs

- Broken mobile phones 

- Unusable face masks

Edited by dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

It wouldn't be the dodgiest thing Credit Suisse has ever done if they made these bars. I assume even the fakes are fake, right?

Credit suisse one ounce gold plated Iron Bullion 999.9 collectable bar | eBay

As for this guy ... advertised as 24K gold in several different ways, listed as 999 fine gold

1 OZ GOLD BUFFALO BULLION BAR .999 FINE 24K BARS USA | eBay

Why will eBay not do anything about scammers and counterfeit products? 

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

20 hours ago, Fenlander1 said:

Someone is going to be very disappointed £340 ffs

1 hour ago, Spyder said:

I don’t know, but she has sold a number of sovereigns recently amongst her normal books and jigsaws and looks like a nice, normal seller.

Coins are not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. (Joseph Campbell).

I hope I never end up on this thread! I have been on eBay for years selling a shed load of ceramics. I wonder about trying out selling coins, would this then look suspiciously strange? I suppose you have to start with coins somewhere? Probably a lot less hassle to stick to this forum!🤔😮

47 minutes ago, Aldebaran said:

I don’t know, but she has sold a number of sovereigns recently amongst her normal books and jigsaws and looks like a nice, normal seller.

I not saying anything against the seller. I am asking ''What is so special about this coin that it is getting such high bids''

Never Chase and Never Regret 

14 hours ago, Petra said:

I hope I never end up on this thread! I have been on eBay for years selling a shed load of ceramics. I wonder about trying out selling coins, would this then look suspiciously strange? I suppose you have to start with coins somewhere? Probably a lot less hassle to stick to this forum!🤔😮

I don't think that would look suspicious personally, but then I do collect the odd piece of ceramic alongside coins. 😁

The fees on eBay would prevent me selling high value coins on there though.  Even at £460 for that Sov, the seller will only just scrape £400 after fees.  Neither buyer or seller are getting a good deal there! 😞