• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Binlord of the week on ebay

dicker

1 hour ago, Minted said:

I don't think that would look suspicious personally, but then I do collect the odd piece of ceramic alongside coins. 😁

The fees on eBay would prevent me selling high value coins on there though.  Even at £460 for that Sov, the seller will only just scrape £400 after fees.  Neither buyer or seller are getting a good deal there! 😞

True, it’s got so you really have to wait for any listing offers to then put stuff on and stand any chance of making any decent money.

15 hours ago, Spyder said:

I not saying anything against the seller. I am asking ''What is so special about this coin that it is getting such high bids''

Half decent photography.  The coin probably looks “nice” to certain people because it looks clean.  

I would suggest this has been through a sonic bath.  152 year old coins that have that sort of wear don’t usually look as pristine and clean of muck.  There is another seller who sells some nice Sovereigns and sought after varieties who cleans some of the Sovs he sells.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys

2 hours ago, Minted said:

I don't think that would look suspicious personally, but then I do collect the odd piece of ceramic alongside coins. 😁

The fees on eBay would prevent me selling high value coins on there though.  Even at £460 for that Sov, the seller will only just scrape £400 after fees.  Neither buyer or seller are getting a good deal there! 😞

The fees would be close to £15.00 if you took advantage of the 80% off seller fees offer... 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

18 hours ago, Gordy said:

The fees would be close to £15.00 if you took advantage of the 80% off seller fees offer... 

True but you have to wait for them and they aren't offered to every account every time.  Also, if a buyer cancels or fails to pay, the seller then can't relist the item under the same offer if it has expired.  I had two buyers cancel on a laptop I was selling, ended up taking over a month to sell it as I wasn't going to take the full fee hit on that.

25 minutes ago, Minted said:

True but you have to wait for them and they aren't offered to every account every time.  Also, if a buyer cancels or fails to pay, the seller then can't relist the item under the same offer if it has expired.  I had two buyers cancel on a laptop I was selling, ended up taking over a month to sell it as I wasn't going to take the full fee hit on that.

every 14 days for me...

3 hours ago, Gordy said:

every 14 days for me...

You're lucky then.  Every time it's posted on HUKD there are numerous comments from people who aren't eligible that time.  I was getting it every 14 days for a few months but then none at all for about 4 or 5 months.  Not sure how they work out which accounts are eligible and which aren't.

5 minutes ago, Minted said:

You're lucky then.  Every time it's posted on HUKD there are numerous comments from people who aren't eligible that time.  I was getting it every 14 days for a few months but then none at all for about 4 or 5 months.  Not sure how they work out which accounts are eligible and which aren't.

Yeah maybe, but you'll find there are probably dozens of members on here who get them just as regularly as me

6 hours ago, Gordy said:

Yeah maybe, but you'll find there are probably dozens of members on here who get them just as regularly as me

I get 80% fees discount every two weeks. I think it starts again this coming Friday

Never Chase and Never Regret 

5 minutes ago, Spyder said:

I get 80% fees discount every two weeks. I think it starts again this coming Friday

Yeah you have to make a point to list on the fee weekends. If people are listing stuff without them, eBay has no incentive to give you offers. If you list stuff regularly on the % off fees weekends, and never without, then they'd rather have some money than no money, and will likely keep giving you them.

2 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

Yeah you have to make a point to list on the fee weekends. If people are listing stuff without them, eBay has no incentive to give you offers. If you list stuff regularly on the % off fees weekends, and never without, then they'd rather have some money than no money, and will likely keep giving you them.

Yes, getting some money out of a cheapskate, is better then nothing. I guess I am a cheapskate. Then again, only a fool throws away money.

5 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Yes, getting some money out of a cheapskate, is better then nothing. I guess I am a cheapskate. Then again, only a fool throws away money.

It's just not viable selling PMs on eBay without. A sovereign needs to get £465 to give you £399...That's insane. I wouldn't say it was being cheap, but that they are greedy. They likely have very little overhead; app maintenance, server costs, costs with partnering with payment systems like PayPal, but they want to charge you the same % as an auction house, which makes the listings for you and dispatches them on your behalf...Stupid. They had a revenue of $9.75 Billion in 2022. They paid out $419 million to shareholders in Q4.

If you keep a few draft listings "saved for later" eBays algorithm will log that info and try and tease you into selling up. List anything you want it dose not even need to sell the aim is simply collecting 1's in a sea of 0's. Obviously the further the auction goes the more 1's you find and I'd avoid listing oddities like dirty socks....they will probably sell 🤢

Algorithms are so easily exploited if you take a minute to sit and think its laughable as such I've had that offer consistently since 2019

Another one with negative feedback for selling fake coins. Yet still persists with fake krugerrands and a thinly veiled description.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325710149612?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=yKqRS7bDR-m&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=XV_rZwRPTDu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

37 minutes ago, Fenlander1 said:

Reported again on all his coin listings

It would be a full time job for to keep on top of what is being listed. The amount of fake power tools, trainers, software, handbags etc, a hundred people could not keep up. It is a pointless task.  While eBay has stopped people seeing who is bidding, there no way to warn them.

19 hours ago, Fenlander1 said:

This guy is a sicko. Uses this phrase:

not selling as genuine

then adds the following description:

1974 1OZ Gold Krugerrand in Capsule.

Fineness
Strike Type
Proof-Like
Precious Metal Content per Unit
1 oz
Total Precious Metal Content
1OZ

The twat should be arrested never mind reported

"clearance" and "house clearance" are euphemisms for "stolen"

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

3 hours ago, Fenlander1 said:

Another one with negative feedback for selling fake coins. Yet still persists with fake krugerrands and a thinly veiled description.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325710149612?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=yKqRS7bDR-m&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=XV_rZwRPTDu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

thats some clear out he was having.  seems to use that on all his items.

16 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

Strictly the placing is correct. Tibetan silver isn't silver. They are selling Tibetan silver which is a silver-colored alloy consisting of copper with tin or nickel.
Obviously people who do not do their due diligence will buy it thinking it is 999 silver. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

Strictly the placing is correct. Tibetan silver isn't silver. They are selling Tibetan silver which is a silver-colored alloy consisting of copper with tin or nickel.
Obviously people who do not do their due diligence will buy it thinking it is 999 silver. 

I almost bought it!

Seller notes
“Very Good Condition”
Fineness
1 oz
Brand/Mint
Tibetan Mint

The Tibetan Mint doesn't exist, it's an Ali Express exclusive. It is not 999 silver and it does not contain 1 troy ounce precious metals. Fraud IMHO

Real Tibetan silver is pre-1955 and is worth an absolute fortune

5 minutes ago, sixgun said:

another thing learnt.  but given the listing says

1 Troy Ounce Tibetan Silver 999 Bullion Bar

Precious Metal Content per Unit  1 oz
1 Troy ounce 999 Bullion Tibetan Mint
Fineness  0.999  etc

unless you know its an alloy you would read that as 999 silver.    i would put it under misleading.     Its not my style so I dont think I would ever buy but loads would.
Edited by bluffer

6 hours ago, Fenlander1 said:

Well to be fair he does say "Coin found during clear out believed to be 24 gold plated?."

Plus it went in at £14.95.
Look at the face on this thing - if you took this to be a real coin you need putting down.

image.png.54a6b2bbb7bc923cbe0f3c8ab72fd7d7.png

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

I almost bought it!

Seller notes
“Very Good Condition”
Fineness
1 oz
Brand/Mint
Tibetan Mint

The Tibetan Mint doesn't exist, it's an Ali Express exclusive. It is not 999 silver and it does not contain 1 troy ounce precious metals. Fraud IMHO

Real Tibetan silver is pre-1955 and is worth an absolute fortune

JINX!

1 minute ago, bluffer said:

another thing learnt.  but given the listing says

1 Troy Ounce Tibetan Silver 999 Bullion Bar

Precious Metal Content per Unit  1 oz
1 Troy ounce 999 Bullion Tibetan Mint
Fineness  0.999  etc

unless you know its an alloy you would read that as 999 silver.    i would put it under misleading.     Its not my style so I dont think I would ever buy but loads would.

It is a waste of time reporting these sales - ebay takes no notice. This is why i say, for anyone who is new, just avoid ebay, it is full of scammers.