• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Prince William Birthday SOTD Sovereign

Zhorro

14 minutes ago, TheMadKing said:

Just spoke to them on the phone "doesn't seem like they have any plans for it at the moment"

The phrase "at the moment" is quite interesting - especially as there are still 29 days to go.  I suppose it would take all of ten minutes to design a privy mark ("W" over "40")!

The fact that the RM does not like to tell people when they are going to release new coins, means either they are hoping that everyone is expecting a SOTD and so no publicity is needed – or they are not releasing a Prince William SOTD and so there is nothing to publicise.

Perhaps more telling is the silence from dealers.  They haven’t said they don’t know if a SOTD isn’t going to be released.  The implication of such silence could be taken to meaning they do know whether a SOTD will be released – but that the RM’s embargo prevents them from saying!

Whatever the outcome I think it is crazy that the RM does not at least publish a list of coin release dates.

Just now, Zhorro said:

The phrase "at the moment" is quite interesting - especially as there are still 29 days to go.  I suppose it would take all of ten minutes to design a privy mark ("W" over "40")!

The fact that the RM does not like to tell people when they are going to release new coins, means either they are hoping that everyone is expecting a SOTD and so no publicity is needed – or they are not releasing a Prince William SOTD and so there is nothing to publicise.

Perhaps more telling is the silence from dealers.  They haven’t said they don’t know if a SOTD isn’t going to be released.  The implication of such silence could be taken to meaning they do know whether a SOTD will be released – but that the RM’s embargo prevents them from saying!

Whatever the outcome I think it is crazy that the RM does not at least publish a list of coin release dates.

I very much doubt that anyone who answers the phones there even knows what's coming out next month, let alone whether they're allowed to say anything about it!

3 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I very much doubt that anyone who answers the phones there even knows what's coming out next month, let alone whether they're allowed to say anything about it!

If there is an embargo relating to a RM release, I guess we can't expect RM staff to break it!

1 hour ago, Zhorro said:

If there is an embargo relating to a RM release, I guess we can't expect RM staff to break it!

I think if they were going to do a SOTD they would have listed it today along with the other coins but as "No Longer Available"  they have done that with the previous 2 sotd, I could be wrong tho will just have to wait and see

5 minutes ago, TheMadKing said:

I think if they were going to do a SOTD they would have listed it today along with the other coins but as "No Longer Available"  they have done that with the previous 2 sotd, I could be wrong tho will just have to wait and see

I could be mistaken, but I thought the SOTD jubilee sovereign was put on the website the day after all the other jubilee coins went on sale.

2 minutes ago, Happypanda88 said:

Not a sovereign but the portrait looks horrid to me. RM even have them in different gold alloys. 

Screenshot_20220523_192554_com.opera.browser.thumb.png.aa8cf8e87e8f1b1ef116ceebe6552519.png

I agree 👍..added at least 10 years, but on the bright side...his hair is growing back.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I’m surprised that have not milked the 2022 sovereign a little more, I’m almost disappointed 

I'm spent up again now.

Debt slave to modern proofs (again) ! , can't have an impromptu day now when I feel like it 

Why is it I'm good at giving good advice for others but I don't listen to myself ! Lol  😆🤣

Edited by Paul

6 hours ago, paulmerton said:

I am pretty sure there is something 2022 sovereign related happening soon :) 

3 hours ago, Zhorro said:

All I can think of is a proof piedfort for £1,200-£1,300 - in which case I would be giving it a miss.

I’ll have a damn compulsion to buy one although I know I shouldn’t. 🤦🏻‍♂️