• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Time to drag the Royal Mint's business model in to this century?

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

Ding Ding Page 17, coming up!!!

What are the predictions for the end of the year? I am going to say this thread will have more pages than an ounce of gold has £s.

Ounce will be £1,475.00

Thread pages = 1478

When I saw a 15+ page thread appear in just over a day, I thought I'd missed another new release!

36 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I know someone who bought a Gothic great engraver.  

When he bought it he was proud and never felt braver.

he soon worked out he did not want and had a great epiphany

ill kickoff so much I’ll tell the mint my  wife works with Cartier and Tiffany! 

Are you sure it's not 

Cartier

Ulysse Nardin and 

Tiffany?

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

Wow this is a long thread for one that was started less than two days ago. Can anyone summarise it in 100 words or fewer?

Gonna have another go...

A member once looked for advice,
Around the recommended retailing price,

On this forum he failed,
"Why me?" how he wailed,

How's that, for being concise?

45 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

That's the exact advice I gave our kids the first time we took them skiing.

Duncan's next school story read:

"At Easter, we went skiing. Daddy said don't eat the yellow snow."

😎

I hope you paid for the kids couselling whilst you were skiing in your underpants!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

30 minutes ago, James32 said:

Gentleman (A) got involved with the hype of a desirable coin ( check way back in the gothic crown thread as he came late to the party)

Same Gentleman is now angry because he found out that his coin wasn't at rrp or from RM and his promise of getting the secondcoin wasn't legally binding ( came from a secondary dealer called fun house or something )

There's been an awful lot mentioned of the brand Cartier ( almost bought one last night ffs)

@LawrenceChard is a bad influence, and it seems he has two watches😳

@HerefordBullyun is slipping on woodchuck slop

@GoldDiggerDave coat won't button the full way is probably playing chess with 5oz gold gothics

@Gordy drinks drinks much red wine and possibly wears 💄 

Anyway at least the op brought some cheer to the forum and we owe him for that.

Ps.....if this is over 100 words blame the OP , as obviously neither of us can count 😁

Earlier in this thread Chard's was questioning my understanding about "bullion" and what defines an investment coin - which I can only see as an attempt to distract from the topic.

Coin I bought was a commemorative proof and not a 'bullion' - I have bought bullion

Chard's: https://goldsovereigns.co.uk/distancesellingact.html

Clarification
Most of the silver coins, bars, and many other items, are exempt from the Distance Selling regulations. This applies to any goods where prices are based on, or fluctuate with prices of silver, other precious metals, or foreign exchange market prices.
It does not apply to individual collector coins where the premium over intrinsic metal price is high. Please be aware that there are many collector coins which we do sell at competitive premiums over intrinsic value. These often include "modern issue" proof coins and sets.

41 minutes ago, James32 said:

@LawrenceChard is a bad influence, and it seems he has two watches😳

I did use to have more, but I sold the Rolex Oysters as they were only every right about once every 26 years, assuming 2 seconds per day variance.

A cheap quartz watch is typically about 3 times more accurate, so is right only about once every 104 years, assuming 15 seconds per month variance.

A Very High Precision quartz watch would only be right about once every 3600 years, assuming 5 seconds per annum variance.

My last "smart" watch used to tell me to get up and walk around once an hour, but only if it was on my wrist. It was not smart enough to know if I had it in my pocket.

My new smart watch probably has more functions than Concord has dials and controls.

Statistically, my best watch is the rusty £2 one I got when I was a lad. It doesn't need winding, shaking, or batteries, and it is right twice a day without fail.

😎

Chards

13 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

Earlier in this thread Chard's was questioning my understanding about "bullion" and what defines an investment coin - which I can only see as an attempt to distract from the topic.

Coin I bought was a commemorative proof and not a 'bullion' - I have bought bullion

Chard's: https://goldsovereigns.co.uk/distancesellingact.html

Clarification
Most of the silver coins, bars, and many other items, are exempt from the Distance Selling regulations. This applies to any goods where prices are based on, or fluctuate with prices of silver, other precious metals, or foreign exchange market prices.
It does not apply to individual collector coins where the premium over intrinsic metal price is high. Please be aware that there are many collector coins which we do sell at competitive premiums over intrinsic value. These often include "modern issue" proof coins and sets.

I did not question your understanding about "bullion", or "investment coin" as you claim, but about "investment gold".

Please do not misquote me.

Your citation of the above page about Distance Selling Act is not relevant.

Edited by LawrenceChard
Moved my response from the "quoted" section to the response section.

Chards

6 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I did use to have more, but I sold the Rolex Oysters as they were only every right about once every 26 years, assuming 2 seconds per day variance.

A cheap quartz watch is typically about 3 times more accurate, so is right only about once every 104 years, assuming 15 seconds per month variance.

A Very High Precision quartz watch would only be right about once every 3600 years, assuming 5 seconds per annum variance.

My last "smart" watch used to tell me to get up and walk around once an hour, but only if it was on my wrist. It was not smart enough to know if I had it in my pocket.

My new smart watch probably has more functions than Concord has dials and controls.

Statistically, my best watch is the rusty £2 one I got when I was a lad. It doesn't need winding, shaking, or batteries, and it is right twice a day without fail.

😎

Bravo, @LawrenceChardyou win best limerick

6 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I have driven through Limerick (Luimneach), quite a few times. Does that count?

😎

Ahh but are you a member of the muff diving club based in Ireland

https://www.muffdivingclub.ie/

I am and never been there once!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Are we back on the the serious stuff yet or are you lot still being idiots?

No, Becuase me beiing said idiot Ive lost my village!