• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

1 hour ago, apachebleu said:

I feel for those who bought these and can't afford to hold as I can see no way these do not make good money when complete.

Still, if I can be a good samaratin and help people out by buying at cost I certainly will. What's more if anybody has any una and the lion or 3 graces and need to free up cash I will not just pay cost I am prepared to offer you up to 10% more if it is graded pf70...I'll even cover postage! 😉 

I got the tone of your message but in all seriousness if anybody has any 2 oz silvers of the Unas or the Three Graces I would be looking to obtain one of each as I missed those the first go round. Would be willing to trade one of these or purchase outright if anyone is trying to get rid of any.

10 minutes ago, dirt94 said:

I got the tone of your message but in all seriousness if anybody has any 2 oz silvers of the Unas or the Three Graces I would be looking to obtain one of each as I missed those the first go round. Would be willing to trade one of these or purchase outright if anyone is trying to get rid of any.

If you try to carpetbag me by offering 15% we're going to have a problem buddy 😄 

1 hour ago, dirt94 said:

Haha not the plan. Just throwing that out there that I’m looking.

There's currently a few 3 graces on ebay going for under a grand you may want to check out. I'm quite tempted because, and I know this may not be popular, I think it's the best looking coin of the lot.

8 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

There's currently a few 3 graces on ebay going for under a grand you may want to check out. I'm quite tempted because, and I know this may not be popular, I think it's the best looking coin of the lot.

I’ve been watching. I’d like a raw coin in the OGP. That is how I like to keep my coins vs being graded. There was one that ended a little over a week ago at like $910 that I should have went for.

40 minutes ago, dirt94 said:

I’ve been watching. I’d like a raw coin in the OGP. That is how I like to keep my coins vs being graded. There was one that ended a little over a week ago at like $910 that I should have went for.

OMP is always my preference too.

The only time I’d go for slabbed is if it were an older coin and I were concerned about authenticity.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

2oz gold Gothic @ £9250 &

5oz gold Gothic @ £13,000 at the coin cabinet auction 

Ends on Dec 28th,  wonder where they'll end up ??

These are looking good but I suspect the price will rise during the live bidding. Probably won’t move much before then.

7 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

Who reckons the mint balls up the date on the next coin and we get a 2022 coin instead of 2021

……….the second in the series will be produced in 2022 so will have a different Roman numerical on it of course. 

What would be epic would be if any restrikes after the new year on the first coin were to have the  2022 Roman number on it.

Edited by Oldun

15 minutes ago, Oldun said:

……….the second in the series will be produced in 2022 so will have a different Roman numerical on it of course. 

What would be epic would be if any restrikes after the new year on the first coin were to have the  2022 Roman number on it.

How is it they can strike the 2022 sovereign in 2021 in that case? Doesn’t add up.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1 minute ago, Oldun said:

Because that coin is actually commemorating an event specific to 2022. The gothic is not.

Make it up as they go along then.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

But anyway, some folks who have returned their imperfect Arms coins have been told they will be restriking the coins for them. To those people I would say, take a look at the date when you receive them, just in case……

Edited by Oldun

The Gothic Portrait coin will also have 2021 as the date, based on the Gazette notice. I think (and this is just my supposition) that the RM does have a little leeway in the striking of coins and the assigning of dates, under certain circumstances.

The Sovereigns are good examples, usually released at the end of the year, and dated for the following year.

The release of the Three Graces last year in 2020 was delayed because of Covid. So even though the RM struck and released them earlier this year in 2021, they were all back-dated 2020.

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

The Gothic Portrait coin will also have 2021 as the date, based on the Gazette notice. I think (and this is just my supposition) that the RM does have a little leeway in the striking of coins and the assigning of dates, under certain circumstances.

The Sovereigns are good examples, usually released at the end of the year, and dated for the following year.

The release of the Three Graces last year in 2020 was delayed because of Covid. So even though the RM struck and released them earlier this year in 2021, they were all back-dated 2020.

With another welsh lockdown we could see coin minted 2-3 years out of sync. 
I’ll be amazed if the SOTD goes ahead on the day. 

23 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

With another welsh lockdown we could see coin minted 2-3 years out of sync. 
I’ll be amazed if the SOTD goes ahead on the day. 

Oh I didn’t realize there was a hard lockdown out there.

It reminds of a mildly horrifying meme I saw online… that 2022 is pronounced “2020 too”. 😐

Will be interesting to see if they do change the date what that'll do for the prices for any restrikes as the mintage would likely be in the 10s but wouldn't be the first time the date has caused issues with the mint, only got to look at 20p's 🤔

3 hours ago, Oldun said:

If that is how you interpret it, then yup :) Correct me if I am wrong but proof sovs are brought out early each year.

The Bullion britanannia has also been released with 2022 so not just proof coins being released early 

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Oh I didn’t realize there was a hard lockdown out there.

It reminds of a mildly horrifying meme I saw online… that 2022 is pronounced “2020 too”. 😐

No quit a hard lockdown but they are now fining people £60 if they go to work  when they could work from home, the Welsh Government is very similar to Australia’s left wing stasi.