• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Why the bad reviews for Coin cabinet all of a sudden

pricha

I purchased a few sovereigns on Sunday which haven't arrived yet . I'm not too worried about that , whilst they are normally very quick to post i understand this won't always be possible. I was just casually looking at google reviews and noticed 5 one star bad reviews in the last week. To be honest they look like the same disgruntled person using different names. Not a single explanation either for the one star.  An annoying thing is i can't find my invoice anywhere in my emails. It's disappeared.  I'm probably getting a touch paranoid. 😳 Whilst i'm not a big fish , i always found them respectful and diligent. 

I've used them a fair bit and never had any problems other than delays in shipping which I think is down to them running too many auctions close together and not enough staff to process it all. Whenever I have contacted them they have always been quick to respond and courteous. My initial recommendation came from posters here on the forum, I've never read any Google reviews, I wouldn't put too much stock in them, just make judgments based on your own experience.

I've been dealing with them since around the time of their first auction and always found them diligent in business matters. My only complaint would be some over-egging of stated grades of some coins they had for sale. Andreas has always been pleasant in my dealings with him.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Four one star reviews from totally random individuals with next to no activity. Not one said anything to justify the rating, including one who had written three other reviews which totally justified the ratings. None of the accounts (all with very foreign names) display any other interest in coins. 

Sounds more like some hacked google accounts being used to cause mischief.   

I’ve been using CC auction from day 1, a couple of minor hiccups but 5 stars from me.

I agree with others, and any more than 2 auctions a month will cause delays at present.

A winning format in low selling fees and no buyer fees.  

I can’t say I’m impressed with Coin Cabinet. Sold a couple of coins at Auction a month ago and no payment from them yet. They made some  excuse last week that their machine to pay out had broken and they were getting a replacement one the next day and payment would be made the next day. I am still waiting and they are ignoring my emails. Definitely would not deal with them again.  

7 hours ago, Nicola said:

I can’t say I’m impressed with Coin Cabinet. Sold a couple of coins at Auction a month ago and no payment from them yet. They made some  excuse last week that their machine to pay out had broken and they were getting a replacement one the next day and payment would be made the next day. I am still waiting and they are ignoring my emails. Definitely would not deal with them again.  

A bad sign? Companies that are slow paying out are either in trouble or to be charitable, they are suffering from expanding their operations too quickly. Maybe too many changes to their auction timetables.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

9 hours ago, Nicola said:

Need to be careful if it's suddenly turned from good settlement practice to overdue payment.  Hope the late payment is just one off, hope you receive the money at soonest....look forward to hear any update from you.

I got hold of them this morning and the machine they needed to do the payment transaction had been delayed and was due in today so they would prioritise payment to me. They said they had quite a lot of customers in the same boat awaiting paying. Hopefully it will be resolved later this week 

I won an item on Sunday, got the email on Monday with the invoice, paid straight away and the email states they check every morning for payment and post same day (except Fridays).

Also received a email confirming I had paid on Tuesday morning.

Heard nothing since, I understand things take time but why state you can do everything so fast and not give yourself any wiggle room.

Now I’m disappointed because I haven’t received it that fast but if they wouldn’t of said that and said something like for payment to delivery, it’s a week I would of been fine with that 😂

Just for comparison, I won an 1887 half sovereign in the COTR auction on Sunday (26th).  Invoice was issued on Tuesday (28th), and paid same day.  I received an email with Royal Mail tracking details yesterday (29th).  Very efficient and excellent communication throughout

Edited by AgAuEire
dates

Every auction I’ve won has been dispatched the day after the payment received email except this time round. 😕 Email Tuesday still waiting for dispatch, I guess it’s because they had 2 auctions last weekend and there’s a bit more to do.

On 28/09/2021 at 07:45, Nicola said:

I got the same message (presumably for the same auction), but I also already received the payment last Tuesday - only a 2-3 day's lag. I'm actually well pleased with this as with the previous item I sold (a long while back) I had to wait for over two months to get the payment. They did listen to the feedback from many sellers.

They are courteous and responsive in my experience, but agreed it seems they're busy and there seems to be some staff turn-over. Also heads up they're apparently moving offices during October.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

• 1 month later...

Apologies for dragging this post back up, I've not used them before but have a coin I'd like to enter into there auctions 

How do I go about this? I emailed them on the 20th but still haven't heard back from them, is that normally how you would enter a coin with them via email?