• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What the hell is this ?

pricha

1 hour ago, pricha said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403089086510?hash=item5dd9fb582e:g:xv4AAOSwyxlhH-Lp

they have gone to some bother to slab this "coin" but again it's laughable . 

Only genuine if it says "中國製造" on it! 🙂

Fraudulent description stating NGC, unless it stands for Nevada Gaming Commission.

Any other suggestions for the acronym?

Newly Graded Coin?

Not Genuine Coin

Numismatic Guano of China

None Gold of Coventry

Notta Gold Coin

Nearly a Great Con(man)

?

🙂

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Only genuine if it says "中國製造" on it! 🙂

Fraudulent description stating NGC, unless it stands for Nevada Gaming Commission.

Any other suggestions for the acronym?

Newly Graded Coin?

Not Genuine Coin

Numismatic Guano of China

?

🙂

Stunning example of a fully certified "Not Gold Coin" 😆

2 hours ago, pricha said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403089086510?hash=item5dd9fb582e:g:xv4AAOSwyxlhH-Lp

they have gone to some bother to slab this "coin" but again it's laughable . 

He has already sold the same or similar:

1695943477_1914GeorgeVGoldFullSovereignNGCMS77ebayhenryss-93FakeFraudulentConItem403089086510.thumb.jpg.f0b5dbc9ab98184c5e6a1686e8815112.jpg

His mate hasn't left him any feedback on it yet though. 😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

Fascinating stuff. Poor old KGV is just bizarre. Interestingly, however, someone made a rather better fist of the reverse, until you spot the dragon's rather pathetic front claws or the lack of the blinker on the horse's eye, or the feeble sword, not to mention the strange dribble lines.

I hope every single person who laughed at this reported it also. To us, yes it ridiculous but to a lot of people its not. Its not funny, it fraudulent and preys and those who are one or two steps outside of our circle… parents, aunties, uncles, grandparents etc

13 hours ago, SilverMike said:

I hope every single person who laughed at this reported it also. To us, yes it ridiculous but to a lot of people its not. Its not funny, it fraudulent and preys and those who are one or two steps outside of our circle… parents, aunties, uncles, grandparents etc

eBay is full of fakes on all sorts of stuff. This "coin " is obvious to us but we could easily be fooled by something else that's not our specialty . The point being  i guess is i never rush out to buy anything i know nothing about.  I do a little research . Doesn't take too long. Check feedbacks , (this guy had two ) .  As i said before the wife could possibly buy it as a present and as Mr Chard said i'd probably ask for a divorce . I report all fakes. Nothing ever gets done but i still do it. We can only do our bit . We are not the police.  

Edited by pricha

14 hours ago, SilverMike said:

He refunded the buyer fortunately. Ignorant I suspect.

14 hours ago, SilverMike said:

I reported it too, the listing still stayed up sadly. eBay don’t seem to care as long as they’re making commission.

3 hours ago, Foster88 said:

I reported it too, the listing still stayed up sadly. eBay don’t seem to care as long as they’re making commission.

We may be having a laugh , but highlighting it on the forum means more people are reporting them than before and that will be a good thing. The buyer actually may have got a refund because of the forum.