• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

On 29 January 2016 at 22:11, Madstacks said:

today i bought..... i getting seriously addicted to this now!!! i just bought a 2014 silver 1oz panda. in a slab from PCGS MS69 FIRST STRIKE 10Yn. i paid £25.99 delivered. i this a good price? did i do well or to? any feedback would be great. i now have the 2013, 2014 and 2016 versions in this 

Busy 24 hours on eBay.

cant resist Libertad silver proofs when they are available, best to get them when I see them: 

5 oz 2015 for $200. That's pretty reasonable - only £140. I bought a 2015 5oz proof earlier for £190, so happy with this newer one.  Seems to be a thing with Libertad proofs - sometimes cheaper a few months after the initial price hike.  Mintage 1600. At £28 an ounce for a proof Libertad with low mintage - probably a decent buy. 

2 oz 2015 for £100. Obviously more expensive per ounce than the 5 oz, but at the lowest proof 2015 mintage of 1300 it's not a bad price. 

A 1 oz, a 1/10th oz, and a 1/20th oz Libertad all from a Canadian seller - for £65. I am trying to piece together the seven proof coins for 2015 - tricky ones left - being the half and quarter. 

Then - for a bit of balance, and influenced by a few fractional stackers who have convinced me of the merits of small gold purchases, I tracked two auctions for tiny 1/20th gold kangaroos and won them both - from 1991 and 2001; £104 the pair. Ok - that's  over £1000 an ounce equivalent - so well "off-piste" for stacking...,but I keep hearing that the premium you pay for fractionals is retained when you sell. Let's hope that is true! 

Busy 24 hours on eBay.

cant resist Libertad silver proofs when they are available, best to get them when I see them: 

5 oz 2015 for $200. That's pretty reasonable - only £140. I bought a 2015 5oz proof earlier for £190, so happy with this newer one.  Seems to be a thing with Libertad proofs - sometimes cheaper a few months after the initial price hike.  Mintage 1600. At £28 an ounce for a proof Libertad with low mintage - probably a decent buy. 

2 oz 2015 for £100. Obviously more expensive per ounce than the 5 oz, but at the lowest proof 2015 mintage of 1300 it's not a bad price. 

A 1 oz, a 1/10th oz, and a 1/20th oz Libertad all from a Canadian seller - for £65. I am trying to piece together the seven proof coins for 2015 - tricky ones left - being the half and quarter. 

Then - for a bit of balance, and influenced by a few fractional stackers who have convinced me of the merits of small gold purchases, I tracked two auctions for tiny 1/20th gold kangaroos and won them both - from 1991 and 2001; £104 the pair. Ok - that's  over £1000 an ounce equivalent - so well "off-piste" for stacking...,but I keep hearing that the premium you pay for fractionals is retained when you sell. Let's hope that is true! 

I paid $38 per coin for 5 1oz proofs which are being sent for grading later in the week.

Any time you can buy the low mintage years for the proofs is good. 2014 will be one to watch for some time.

The gold 2015 sets are exceptional value on sale at Apmex with payment by bank transfer ... Mintage 500 coins Only for each of the proofs

3 hours ago, stevelo1973 said:

today i bought..... i getting seriously addicted to this now!!! i just bought a 2014 silver 1oz panda. in a slab from PCGS MS69 FIRST STRIKE 10Yn. i paid £25.99 delivered. i this a good price? did i do well or to? any feedback would be great. i now have the 2013, 2014 and 2016 versions in this 

I would not be in a rush to buy silver panda's off ebay.

maybe you could post some pics when they arrive.

HH

7 hours ago, Numistacker said:

I paid $38 per coin for 5 1oz proofs which are being sent for grading later in the week.

Any time you can buy the low mintage years for the proofs is good. 2014 will be one to watch for some time.

The gold 2015 sets are exceptional value on sale at Apmex with payment by bank transfer ... Mintage 500 coins Only for each of the proofs

I agree on 2014 silvers Numi - I have the full seven proofs for that year, hence the desire to get the same 7 for 2015. 

On the gold 2015 proof set - yes, that is a very fair deal on Apmex - have been tracking that for a while. At around £970 an ounce it's not bad, although not an everyday pickup! Your set looked great - but I hear you on the current exchange rate - makes $ purchases from the UK challenging right now, unless it's a great deal. Those sets won't be around for long on Apmex though...

12 hours ago, stevelo1973 said:

In the most recent years, try to get MS70 coins

They don't cost so much extra, but will be more valued down the road.

Also decide if you want a collection of PCGS or NGC.

45 minutes ago, MikeOxlong said:

2011 1/10oz Panda

2012 1/10oz Panda 

Had a bad gold itch that needed to be satiated

Where did you purchase from MikeOxlong, if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by Stu

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly