• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

1 hour ago, SilverPirate said:

Today i bought a 2oz MK BARZ poured bar from SilverStan. I love the look of this bar, i am going to fondle the hell out of it with no gloves on in a dark room all buy myself. 

http://silverstan.com/products/2oz-mkbars-cube-999-fine

Pervert;):lol:

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I bought the@bones $10 eagle. 

I bought a rare 2015 Britannia with sheep privy... (Added another 5 sheep privy as there are only 175,000 of these and none were sold in the uk. If anyone here wants one raw let me know but I plan to slab them as slabbed ones are going for £80 to £100.)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just couldn't stop myself....pulled the trigger on this one just a few seconds ago.....1,000 mintage. International order so no Aussie tax (although 16 quid for shipping - 2,800 yen in my money). 132 quid for the proof coin.

2016 Gold "C" Mint Mark

https://eshop.ramint.gov.au/2016-10-Gold-C-Mintmark/210464.aspx

210464_D_Reverse of 2016 Ten Dollars C Mintmark Gold Proof Coin  Australias First Mints_2.jpg

210464_D_Obverse of 2016 Ten Dollars C Mintmark Gold Proof Coin  Australias First Mints_3.jpg

210464_D_Packaging of 2016 Ten Dollars C Mintmark Gold Proof Coin  Australias First Mints_1.jpg

Edited by Oldun

Bit more info

The Royal Australian Mint has released new coins emulating Australian sovereigns produced by the country’s first Mints. Early Australian branches of the Royal (British) Mint were established in Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth, in the years 1855, 1872, and 1899, respectively. The Royal Australian Mint was not established until 1965.

Each of Australia’s mints had a distinctive single-letter mint mark: “S” for Sydney, “M” for Melbourne, and “P” for Perth. The current gold and silver reissues carry a “C” mint mark, as the Royal Australian Mint is based in Canberra, Australia

http://world.mintnewsblog.com/2016/01/2016-australias-first-mints-gold-and-silver-coins/#comments

edit, just for fun, tried to load up the cart and couldn't get more than 300 in before the box came up saying not enough stock.

180 now....

Edited by Oldun

Yep, wouldn't disagree. They missed a trick not making it the same size. Maybe they will make a further one later in the year....? Either way, this one is a first and will post a pic when it arrives with my first impression.....

Edited by Oldun

You are from the States and don't have to pay the 20% tax on silver in The UK and the 8% in Japan so most here will just turn green with envy....

Meanwhile, I pulled the trigger on this a few minutes ago.

120,000 yen all in delivered and in a capsule which is about 717gbp or 1019usd

picture courtesy of Apmex (but didn't buy from there fyi)

94786_Slab.jpg

94786_Obv.jpg

Edited by Oldun

You are from the States and don't have to pay the 20% tax on silver in The UK and the 8% in Japan so most here will just turn green with envy....

Meanwhile, I pulled the trigger on this a few minutes ago.

120,000 yen all in delivered and in a capsule which is about 717gbp or 1019usd

picture courtesy of Apmex (but didn't buy from there fyi)

94786_Slab.thumb.jpg.187624e6df4bdf3b71e6de292e4657b4.jpg

94786_Obv.thumb.jpg.78695b0b7f7eafb282f2ec3e123292b5.jpg

You have to pay a 20% tax. That's crazy.

In the US it depends on what state you live in and what you're buying.  In New York the situation is complicated:

1) single bullion purchase over $1000.00 -- no sales tax (8.125% in my county) if you pay less than 40% above spot for silver, or less than 15% over spot for gold coins above 0.25 oz, or less than 20% above spot for gold coins less than 0.25 oz.  There are similar thresholds for platinum, rhodium, iridium, rhenium, etc.  

2) single bullion purchase below $1000 from out-of-state seller -- these are not taxed individually, but are part of a yearly sales tax allowance, where you pay a percentage of your total income to account for stuff you bought online.  It's unclear what happens if you make multiple purchases from the same seller that total over $1000 in a given year.

3) single bullion purchase below $1000 from a seller with a "presence" in NY state -- you pay the 8.125% sales tax.

Of course, the federal government collects the 28% long-term capital gains tax when you sell at a profit.  I'm guessing that any NY sales tax adds to the capital gains basis value.  Of course, New York will also tax any capital gains at their usual income tax rate (but any estimated NY income tax payments to cover these gains will get deducted from that year's income for federal income tax purposes.)    

Bought this beautiful 1886-S $5 today and used £10 of nectar vouchers so pretty happy. It's always good to see the feedback count of the losing bidder ... In this case over 2000 which gives me some confidence.. It has a tiny scratch but I believe still worth grading as its a great looking example. San Francisco in its heyday. Love these historical coins.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Guest
Swap pics for better pic

Just picked up this gem proof 1/10th Britannia 2013 which was a limited edition graded coin probably for the American market. 

Plan is to break it out of its  slab and resubmit it to NGC for proper grading and include it in my registry set.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg