• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Sounds Like you got some Damn good deals then!:) 

Im interested to see what I can accumulate Sub £12 delivered this year, but really the cost per ounce is of the most important, as long as its .999 purity thats all that matters

Current price per ounce average over 45 ounces is £11.22 delivered at the moment. £12 is the max! 

Will be looking to offload when I can sell in the £20/25 range is the plan..but realistically if we had a big price rise I might feel different. I do like this challenge though because its not hard to imagine a decent profit on anything bought at these prices:)

Edited by Madstacks

Yeah, some very fair deals made.

I didn't think sub-12 would be as easy, either that or I have bought the easy stuff and now it gets hard [emoji1]

I must be just under 700oz now and guessing the average is £11.70 but I haven't updated the spreadsheet yet.

I have gone over the 12 mark for some coins I deemed more valuable but I may swap them out if I get obsessed with £/oz. Ha ha.

I'm looking to offload a long time from now, but a big price rise may affect the timing!!!

Stacker since 2013

That's an extremely impressive cost average over 700 ounces! :) I will be very pleased if I can get to that level. 

I don't think Sub £12 is particularly easy but I don't think its Impossible neither, I think the key will probably being picky with when to buy, unless its a great deal I will just pass. The last few years I was in a rush to buy but now I seem content to just wait out good deals and ebay vouchers ect. 

Lets see how long that lasts :lol:

5 hours ago, Danny-boy said:

I didn't think sub-12 would be as easy, either that or I have bought the easy stuff and now it gets hard emoji1.png

I must be just under 700oz now and guessing the average is £11.70 but I haven't updated the spreadsheet yet.

I have gone over the 12 mark for some coins I deemed more valuable but I may swap them out if I get obsessed with £/oz. Ha ha.

I'm looking to offload a long time from now, but a big price rise may affect the timing!!!

Where are you getting your kilo bars from Danny? 

Edited by Cointreau

I didn't think sub-12 would be as easy, either that or I have bought the easy stuff and now it gets hard [emoji1]

Where are you getting your kilo bars from Danny? 

They are not sources that have more, private sales mostly.

Stacker since 2013

From those scans, it looks like one of Jon Blyth's coins, good dealer, nice coin.

Interesting series, the Sydney 1881 - 1887. Although Marsh gives several of them a scarce rating, the Spink catalogue doesn't reflect this. Like most of these branch mints, the prices are largely determined by the Australian market.

I'll be interested to see what it grades as (I assume you'll do so;)). I would guess about AU57-59

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Bought a lovely shield sovereign

1886-S marsh scarce

image.jpeg.9fd6fb2f97c20427ea556f79945ba201.jpeg

image.jpeg.43dc7f6ae40062be375bb1cbf690245b.jpeg

Young head Victoria sovereigns, one of my favourites... Beautiful example you have bought there!

Yes my first Jon Blyth ))

Bought a lovely shield sovereign

1886-S marsh scarce

image.jpeg.9fd6fb2f97c20427ea556f79945ba201.jpeg

image.jpeg.43dc7f6ae40062be375bb1cbf690245b.jpeg

Young head Victoria sovereigns, one of my favourites... Beautiful example you have bought there!

Yes my first Jon Blyth ))

12 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:
From those scans, it looks like one of Jon Blyth's coins, good dealer, nice coin.

Interesting series, the Sydney 1881 - 1887. Although Marsh gives several of them a scarce rating, the Spink catalogue doesn't reflect this. Like most of these branch mints, the prices are largely determined by the Australian market.

I'll be interested to see what it grades as (I assume you'll do so[emoji6]). I would guess about AU57-59

Yes Jon thinks it might get ms61 so it will be interesting to see. I wanted a Sydney sov and don't really have enough shields

This one sold recently by Jon went for 550 and he thinks mine is similar.

image.png

Edited by Guest

A 2016 Panda MS70 at £40 delivered. Better than buying one and grading myself. I bought a sheet of 15 that I will keep in the sheet and have one graded one at 69 or 70 for each year (building a set slowly)

image.jpeg