• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

would you rather be:

1, a person who bought a hgm shield sovererign knowing

that if the same shield came up it would be cheaper.

2. a person who did not buy a hgm shield sovereign,

waiting for one to be in stock.

HH

Hi HH,

Sorry for not replying sooner, I missed your post.

Neither mate. I believe that the price of gold is going further down, so I'm staying away from buying any PM for a while until what I consider the bottom is reached.

But I'll entertain you anyway. I would not buy a HGM sovereign if I knew I could get one cheaper from a mate in the trade or from a house clearance etc. I wouldn't wait for one to be in stock at HGM, I'd purchase one from else where. There are other oulets as cheap as HGM, admittedly not as convenient though.

MCJ

A 20 gram 9ct gold necklace with built in pendant, a large carnelian surrounded by garnets, Id estimate half the weight is stones, £25 so chuffed to bits with that. id estimate a value of well over £250.

Whilst the stones are big, the solid mounting on the back is substantial, But I don't think the gold weight will influence the price too much, more the style. We will probably take this to a local auction that has a monthly antiques and collectable sales and see what they estimate it at. If the moneys right it will go into the sale with online bidding from around the world, if not it will go into our joint stack. 

Antique centers are mostly a waste of time but once in a while something nice comes up:)

post-117-0-16832900-1437660607_thumb.jpg

post-117-0-48081800-1437660635_thumb.jpg

Hi HH,

Sorry for not replying sooner, I missed your post.

Neither mate. I believe that the price of gold is going further down, so I'm staying away from buying any PM for a while until what I consider the bottom is reached.

But I'll entertain you anyway. I would not buy a HGM sovereign if I knew I could get one cheaper from a mate in the trade or from a house clearance etc. I wouldn't wait for one to be in stock at HGM, I'd purchase one from else where. There are other oulets as cheap as HGM, admittedly not as convenient though.

MCJ

you mean others are selling shields for spot+15%,

maybe you could share  :)

what I'm trying to say is that you should not be bothered by

a fall in price of an item you've just bought. think buying

cars, electricals etc. the strategy that you use should take

into account that the price can fall as well as rise.

HH

Today I picked up another little gold $. It's not one for spot plus investors but I like them and will have it graded.

c60f11f671bd625e7c4574b7e87685d3.jpg

41e605ceaa0a809b3a5d08c52b1717fd.jpg

1853 type 1

Yesterday I bought on eBay and cancelled on Ebay and had refunded two purchases. I have created this post as a warning to look extremely critically at what you think about buying before you press the button.

c1a6f619d9a67dfc20a8e2ee48407ee0.jpg

d52dbc6c741d9139cda009d047aa92ef.jpg

Nice condition $5 coin. Zoom in and you see the strange triangular Mark above the headpiece of Liberty.

7ff171a6221ebb3739f10fece0e5ce76.jpg

93658fe6cf7e65f7d2077fd2d294ed3e.jpg

Looked like a genuine California gold piece for a moment so I pressed the button ..

But of research on the genuine...

c2a6579ced1b98ca81f9f022b3bfba35.jpg

c3de6041a79d800738d60e4e426cf415.jpg

The seller refunded and said he would describe as replica from now.

Added a $5 Indian to the stack today.. My first (I have a 2.5$). These are difficult to grade and NGS charges $5 more for the grading service for these coins...

2c1a3220dfb28d3d7e0957277ecee3a7.jpg

a4834438d9271b48b5dda5dfa497b691.jpg

These coins are about quarter ounce almost the same as a sov but they have a big premium so most stackers shy away. This one was £260 which is in good shield territory!

7f42b9ee8af946f6e3bb32e9e7a39e81.jpg

Price guide says 465 to 630$ so all depends on grading.

Added a $5 Indian to the stack today.. My first (I have a 2.5$). These are difficult to grade and NGS charges $5 more for the grading service for these coins...

These coins are about quarter ounce almost the same as a sov but they have a big premium so most stackers shy away. 

Yeah but it's a really handsome coin, with no raised edge. Lovely.

My dad has been interested in gold after I showed him my collection of coins. He has been talking about buying himself a sovereign for the past couple of weeks or so. Today he bought himself 1oz RM Lunar horse gold, 1oz RM Lunar sheep gold aswell as the silver versions. Thats one way to start your collection  :lol:

Edited by MikeOxlong

My dad has been interested in gold after I showed him my collection of coins. He has been talking about buying himself a sovereign for the past couple of weeks or so. Today he bought himself 1oz RM Lunar horse gold, 1oz RM Lunar sheep gold aswell as the silver versions. Thats one way to start your collection  :lol:

Smart move there, Mike. Just be nice to your Dad, and you'll have a few extra coins heading your way in the future via your Dad's will. :P

For the record, my Mum and Dad are currently spending my inheritance in a mad rush to see the entire world. I have recently calculated that I'll be left a fiver and the Garden Shed, (but it does have the beer fridge in it, ;) ), when my parents finally shuffle off upstairs. 

Added a $5 Indian to the stack today.. My first (I have a 2.5$). These are difficult to grade and NGS charges $5 more for the grading service for these coins...2c1a3220dfb28d3d7e0957277ecee3a7.jpga4834438d9271b48b5dda5dfa497b691.jpg

These coins are about quarter ounce almost the same as a sov but they have a big premium so most stackers shy away. This one was £260 which is in good shield territory! 7f42b9ee8af946f6e3bb32e9e7a39e81.jpg

Price guide says 465 to 630$ so all depends on grading.

That is a nice buy Numi.

And a good price. I have been watching these go on eBay recently for £300+ like you say, quite a premium but justifiable given the coin. I have a 2.5$ also - and am waiting to get this $5. I will keep looking! Did you buy it in US or EU ?

That is a nice buy Numi.

And a good price. I have been watching these go on eBay recently for £300+ like you say, quite a premium but justifiable given the coin. I have a 2.5$ also - and am waiting to get this $5. I will keep looking! Did you buy it in US or EU ?

Thanks and I don't thing I over paid for the condition really. It will come from a seller in the UK this time. Often they come from Germany.

Probably paid more than I should have (bought on impulse) , but not as much as they are currently selling for ($499 US). apparantly the initial sets were being sold for $199!

Cheers,

Luker

Product Details
The Banco de Mexico has partnered with APMEX to produce just 500 of these unique two-coin sets featuring its most popular design. This beautiful APMEXclusive® set contains two 2015 Silver Mexican Libertad coins in both Proof and Reverse Proof finishes.

Set Highlights:

•Contains a total of 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
•Extremely limited mintage of just 500 sets.
•Comes housed in a wooden box showing the Winged Victory. The box lid features both the Banco de Mexico and APMEX logos.
•This set contains the first-ever Reverse Proof Silver Libertad.
•Obverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatepetl and Iztaccihuatl in the background.
•Reverse: Features a sculptural relief design of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (United Mexican States), surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico's history.

This magnificent 2-coin Proof Silver Libertad set is a popular choice not only because of its attractive design, but also its mintage at Casa de Moneda de Mexico, the oldest mint in North America. Add this 2015 2-coin Proof Silver Mexican Libertad set to your cart today!

http://www.apmex.com/product/91150/2015 … fSilver-PB

post-207-0-20191800-1438288883_thumb.jpg

Edited by Luker2