• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

you mean others are selling shields for spot+15%,

maybe you could share :)

what I'm trying to say is that you should not be bothered by

a fall in price of an item you've just bought. think buying

cars, electricals etc. the strategy that you use should take

into account that the price can fall as well as rise.

HH

@HawkHybrid.

I missed this post of yours as well. Oops.

My strategy is to try and predict when gold has bottomed. Very difficult too do I know, but if I get within a few % I'll be happy. I will then start to buy bullion gold into the rise. Can't see the point of buying gold and if it goes down, not being concerned.

As for the sheild sovereigns at spot +15%. I'm working on it. I may, and it's a big may, be able to offer them on the forum at spot + 15% + £10 + postage. The advantage will be you get to choose a year and see a picture of the coins available. I'll let the forum know if the deal comes off by posting an expression of interest.

Edited by MCJ

Saw the new Lib Set on APMEX but missed the intro 199. I don't think a lot of Apmex Price gouging!

The price from Apmex went up to 500 quickly.

ab5fcef677077bcc08dc92be3139a07b.jpg

The set is very cool and the RP Libertad will be the key coin in the series probably.

I was going to leave this one based on Apmex price action but then I got an offer of a set at a "reasonable" price so I bought one of the 500!

First one is on eBay at $900 if you are interested!

cc4a186325c4eb583f2320f22b087d67.jpg

Don't know who would be foolish enough to pay $900 when APMEX still has 49 sets available for $499US.

Probably nobody. Will be interesting to see if the 49 sets sell at 499.

Looks like there was three additional takers at $499 since yesterday...I would think that they would need to knock the price back to $449 , or even $399 to move the rest...but who knows, perhaps once buyers have the sets in hand (early september) they will start to move again..

Then again, to put things in better perspective, I believe that it hasn't even been 24 hours since the Set has been up for sale...

Cheers,

Luker     

Edited by Luker2

Saw the new Lib Set on APMEX but missed the intro 199. I don't think a lot of Apmex Price gouging!

The price from Apmex went up to 500 quickly.

ab5fcef677077bcc08dc92be3139a07b.jpg

The set is very cool and the RP Libertad will be the key coin in the series probably.

I was going to leave this one based on Apmex price action but then I got an offer of a set at a "reasonable" price so I bought one of the 500!

First one is on eBay at $900 if you are interested!

cc4a186325c4eb583f2320f22b087d67.jpg

I like it but not for this price.

All begs the question how much is anything worth. It launched at 199 with 24k saying that's a bit steep but then Apmex raising the price focused the demand.

Looks like there was three additional takers at $499 since yesterday...I would think that they would need to knock the price back to $449 , or even $399 to move the rest...but who knows, perhaps once buyers have the sets in hand (early september) they will start to move again..

Then again, to put things in better perspective, I believe that it hasn't even been 24 hours since the Set has been up for sale...

Cheers,

Luker

Thanks for sharing this Luker (and Numi).

As a bit of a fan of the Lib proofs myself ( proud owner of all 7 coins..) I am aware these have a peculiar hold on people. So I would not be at all surprised to see APMEX clear the lot! Personally I will not go for it, because what I really like are the bigger 2 and 5 oz proofs. Now - if BM brought those out in a nicer wooden box as a pair ......?!

Fought for two $1 gold coins..

8b7fbd3cc4de67be7fe004447776065f.jpg

f8d7288818b2fac9023c3cec8c3101ea.jpg

7500 minted!

809dff72d36b1a3b979ef442dd436e82.jpg

e79d149febe781ad65b3eb6c8d5d0664.jpg

22500 minted.

These are off type III gold dollars with the larger Indianhead.

The years from the 1870's were the run out years for this coin when they were no longer really in daily use.

The mintages were often very small and many coins are in good condition as they were saved rather then spent.

1887 and 1889 are both rare years and there was intense competition for that coin but while people were fighting for 1887 the 1889 went for a reasonable price.

8b7fbd3cc4de67be7fe004447776065f.jpg

f8d7288818b2fac9023c3cec8c3101ea.jpg

7500 minted!

809dff72d36b1a3b979ef442dd436e82.jpg

e79d149febe781ad65b3eb6c8d5d0664.jpg

22500 minted.

These are off type III gold dollars with the larger Indianhead.

The years from the 1870's were the run out years for this coin when they were no longer really in daily use.

The mintages were often very small and many coins are in good condition as they were saved rather then spent.

1887 and 1889 are both rare years and there was intense competition for that coin but while people were fighting for 1887 the 1889 went for a reasonable price.

Did you get both?

Did you get both?

Yes I it both but the 1887 turned out pretty expensive though it looks like a great coin and will hand it to NGC for grading.

I do like the look of the coins, but the "premiums" are eye watering, at 360% and 695%. 

I do occasionally see these small one dollar coins at antiques fairs, often at around the £100 -£120 mark. Usually I just pass them by as they seem ridiculously expensive, but it looks like there could be a bit of profit in them if I can pick up decent grades, or the year is a low mintage.

I think I'll have to look closer next time i see one on my travels. :) 

You know somehow I've never seen these $1 gold coins before, only the $2.5 indian head and above

Pretty cool, what kind of size are they? half sovereign, 1/10? 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation