• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Never seen a 1/4oz platinum coin, you got a pic?  ^_^

I'll post one when i'm back home tonight.

It cost me £250 from Aylesbury Bullion Company. Saw it in the window and couldn't walk past it. A bit pricey but I like it. The owner of the shop had it for ages in his safe and had only just put it in the front window a couple of days beforehand. Just beat another person to buying it on the day!

Just bought another 5$ an 1892-S

7261ce7b85e14a02cb068dfa17ab0a02.jpg

4644893778db88d9bca90127fa86f408.jpg

cafc0b97f8b2a6a40a11df75c1f95655.jpg

Looks to be in good condition. I am hoping it will grade to an AU58 or maybe very slightly better.

Just bought another 5$ an 1892-S 7261ce7b85e14a02cb068dfa17ab0a02.jpg4644893778db88d9bca90127fa86f408.jpgcafc0b97f8b2a6a40a11df75c1f95655.jpg

Looks to be in good condition. I am hoping it will grade to an AU58 or maybe very slightly better.

Hi Numi,

I'm thinking of maybe buying some of these. Haven't really researched them yet. But if you could let me know what sort of price range should I be looking at paying? That would be a good starting point for me.

Cheers

They are a nice alternative to Sovs and like Sovs there are some bullion ones and some that attract a significant premium.

As I do not really know what I am doing at this point I tend to buy the best possible condition and at the cheaper end of the market.

You will really find one under £200 and the bullion ones commonly sell for £225 to £300. So the premium over spot is slightly higher mostly.

3cd6cde5cd51d32075a93afbf6288cdf.jpg

I paid a very reasonable price for this one. It came from a trader in Germany that I have bought from before. I may be lucky and it will grade AU58 but I may be unlucky and have it come back details with cleaning. That's the lottery.

4e6852d560b1946a9890e05cc088b863.jpg

828c34528e2cd934cdce79866ac791a3.jpg

This is the 10 Dollar Eagle that I bought recently from the same guy in Germany.

Edited by Guest

They are a nice alternative to Sovs and like Sovs there are some bullion ones and some that attract a significant premium.

As I do not really know what I am doing at this point I tend to buy the best possible condition and at the cheaper end of the market.

You will really find one under £200 and the bullion ones commonly sell for £225 to £300. So the premium over spot is slightly higher mostly.

I paid a very reasonable price for this one. It came from a trader in Germany that I have bought from before. I may be lucky and it will grade AU58 but I may be unlucky and have it come back details with cleaning. That's the lottery.

This is the 10 Dollar Eagle that I bought recently from the same guy in Germany.

Nice looking coins you've got there. Thanks for the info, a great help. Edited by MCJ

That is a great price if they get any for sale at that price.

Not sure how accurate their grading is or how much they sell them for when in stock though.

When Goldline haven't got any in stock,they sell VF/EF 5$ Liberty heads for £187.50

http://www.goldline.co.uk/bullionCoins.jsp?coinId=151&yp=9096

the best value for money stuff sell out first. people who

have bought these coins don't care that spot is down and

that their coins selling price has gone down because there

is no stock left to buy.

HH

the best value for money stuff sell out first. people who

have bought these coins don't care that spot is down and

that their coins selling price has gone down because there

is no stock left to buy.

HH

I'd care, if having bought a coin and the spot price went down, regardless if the outlet I bought it from or anywhere else had any more in stock or not.

When Goldline haven't got any in stock,they sell VF/EF 5$ Liberty heads for £187.50http://www.goldline.co.uk/bullionCoins.jsp?coinId=151&yp=9096

I bought one from Goldline last week. It was an 1893 which I think is one of the more common dates but looks in good nick to my eye. I had never seen the liberty in the flesh and thought it looked a bit ugly in photos. I am now glad I purchased as is a nice looking coin.

I put a post up around 3 weeks ago to say they had them in stock, also Indian Head at same price. Surprised no one snapped them up earlier although did not get the Indian, next on my list if the price is right.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

I'd care, if having bought a coin and the spot price went down, regardless if the outlet I bought it from or anywhere else had any more in stock or not.

will you be keeping this mentality the next time hgm have shield

sovereigns in stock?

if there is no stock then there can't be a market, and hence

there can't be a price. theoretical prices are just that... a

theory.

HH 

will you be keeping this mentality the next time hgm have shield

sovereigns in stock?

if there is no stock then there can't be a market, and hence

there can't be a price. theoretical prices are just that... a

theory.

HH

Yes I will be keeping my own opinion no mater what. People, private investors/collectors hold stock, so there will always be a market and a price.

I bought one from Goldline last week. It was an 1893 which I think is one of the more common dates but looks in good nick to my eye. I had never seen the liberty in the flesh and thought it looked a bit ugly in photos. I am now glad I purchased as is a nice looking coin.

I put a post up around 3 weeks ago to say they had them in stock, also Indian Head at same price. Surprised no one snapped them up earlier although did not get the Indian, next on my list if the price is right.

I must admit I do think the Liberty Head is quite manly looking. Never seen an actual coin though. Spoke to them this afternoon just to check, not got any in, but did say they update their website quickly when stock arrives. I guess because they haven't got any stock there isn't a market nor a price. Lol Edited by MCJ

Yes I will be keeping my own opinion no mater what. People, private investors/collectors hold stock, so there will always be a market and a price.

a no stock response means there are more buyers than

there are sellers at this price(assuming it's not a logistics

issue or marketing thing). so the price should be higher

to match the buyers with the sellers. pricing without

stock is meaningless, just look at the chards site.

HH

I've been eyeing those up too.

I'm Liking the idea of a horse and sheep, so with a combined price approaching £1400 now it's increasingly likely.

Was thinking of a full set over the years. Not sure if proofs would be a better bet but they're not cheap!

a no stock response means there are more buyers than

there are sellers at this price(assuming it's not a logistics

issue or marketing thing). so the price should be higher

to match the buyers with the sellers. pricing without

stock is meaningless, just look at the chards site.

HH

Hgm shield's aren't going up in price.

Hgm shield's aren't going up in price.

would you rather be:

1, a person who bought a hgm shield sovererign knowing

that if the same shield came up it would be cheaper.

2. a person who did not buy a hgm shield sovereign,

waiting for one to be in stock.

HH

I've been eyeing those up too.

I'm Liking the idea of a horse and sheep, so with a combined price approaching £1400 now it's increasingly likely.

Was thinking of a full set over the years. Not sure if proofs would be a better bet but they're not cheap!

Yup - the full set will be a nice one to follow. Thats my plan too. But personally i will go for the bullions - they are already nice enough! I dont need a fancy box etc. Having said that, I am partial to proof sovereign sets, at the right price! Not sure if you will see £1400 for both: that's why I pulled the trigger at a spot price of £705...