• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Has anyone here bought full tubes from STG?

I just got a tube of 2015 Brits in an RMB tube but they look like they're used and repackaged.

Small to medium scratches on some. The sides of the coins have what look like subtle tide marks in the gaps.

I have some 2015 Brit from Jan in single cases that look 'mint' in comparison.

STG are cheaper due to no VAT but are their coins used bullion repackaged?

Out of all the bullion I've bought so far this is the bullion most clearly not straight out of RM via a reseller.

I'm new to silver buying but I'd assumed you'd get new if you're buying from places like STG on 2015 coins, and would only get used if you bought used, ie HGM or Atkinsons used etc?

Edited by AuFinger

From what I remember Livia said that they open mint sealed tubes so they can put something inside to stop the rattle so its harder for potential package thieves to guess what is inside.

You can request a mint sealed tube. Maybe message them here or there regarding your order.

Has anyone here bought full tubes from STG?

I just got a tube of 2015 Brits in an RMB tube but they look like they're used and repackaged.

Small to medium scratches on some. The sides of the coins have what look like subtle tide marks in the gaps.

I have some 2015 Brit from Jan in single cases that look 'mint' in comparison.

STG are cheaper due to no VAT but are their coins used bullion repackaged?

Out of all the bullion I've bought so far this is the bullion most clearly not straight out of RM via a reseller.

I'm new to silver buying but I'd assumed you'd get new if you're buying from places like STG on 2015 coins, and would only get used if you bought used, ie HGM or Atkinsons used etc?

stg usually open tubes to check contents, unless you

tell them not to do so. 2015 coins are 999 purity, the

same as 2014, 2013 coins. maybe the dimpled look

didn't fix the qc after all.

HH

Well I bought a tube from Atkinsons of 2015 sheep, in tube, sealed, and it had a nice quality foam stop at the top.

All coins look absolutely perfect.

These STG coins are the worst I've bought. The foam filler was just two figure 8 polystyrene packing pieces.

Definitely 'bullion' in nature, not something I'm gonna want to do anything with except send back to a reseller as pure bullion.

In the end that's all I bought it for I suppose, but it's nice to have the flexibility to maybe do something else with them.

I can expect unloading and reloading a tube can cause damage if done roughly, but the tide marks around the ridges seems weird. None of my 14/15 RM silvers I already have have it.

Probably won't use STG again unless you can get guaranteed mint fresh coins in sealed tubes. The entire reason I bought 25 to start with... Not just to get used coins repackaged into an RM tube!

Britannias are all out. Gold sets are a disappointment ... 1/40th oz!!!!!!! No separate 1/10th or 1/4!!! Anyway ordered a 5oz proof limited to 650 coins for delivery to USA to escape the VAT.

6d5b9d8ff1c56c9261d25d7a8b57b3c7.jpg

SNAP I've just ordered it as well beautiful looking coin & only my 2nd 5 ozer.

It is bound to be a good choice )) he says hoping. For keeping or flipping with only 650 available it will sell fast.

1oz has 3,000 in separate pack and I'm assuming plus 6 coin set so many more than 2014.

Edited by Guest

ordered a 1oz britannia , want the five ounce but just cant bring myself to pay £400 when i could get 30oz for the same money .

might still get one though !

Somehow it appears i have just bought a 1998 Silver Proof Britannia 4 coin set for £107 on ebay. To be honest i can't even remember putting in a bid for it. Not complaining though. Not sure how I'm going to pay for it, but hey it's only money    :D

$_57.JPG

I'll take it off your hands for £110

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

This weekends Ebay wins.... I wanted the 2014 1/4oz Libertad proof Pr70 but I didn't bid enough ((

405f683309f27bea78f837dd5210b0dd.jpg

fd81170c35489f35dd1655f7bcd852a1.jpg

2013 proof sov. No box or Coa will grade with NGC

fd07c652440cd32c3a9ff9990c799979.jpg

37f522dbf56d6ac57675f24e99c0519f.jpg

$10 Liberty head my first..

What do you take your photo's with Numi? They are excellent.

In the bought section I screen capture from eBay on iPhone 6 then crop and edit

In the received section I use iPhone 6 with macro lens adapter.