• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Here's a thread entitled 1976 'ISLE OF MAN ONE CROWN COIN Any silver in these coins?'

http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=138721

They did issue 30000 silver .925 proof in red box with certificate by the Pobjoy mint. Most others were not silver, but copper nickel 28.4g 38.6mm 50000 issued as commerative not circulating issue which is same weight as the silver version.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Not sure what you mean. From your photos it looks like a shiny, mirror proof. They are the ones that usually look black on photos.

I was thinking that the background is shiny

where as the horse tram is depicted in matte.

(similar to what you would expect from a proof

sovereign)

HH

I was thinking that the background is shiny

where as the horse tram is depicted in matte.

(similar to what you would expect from a proof

sovereign)

HH

Ah yes i see what you mean,  but the matte proof sovereigns were different, they didn't have a shiny mirror field.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Numistacker that first one looks so crisp!

With another weekly mini-dip in Silver spot price

I'm trying out the credit card option with STG, costing me 2% extra to the credit card company.

More lovely Funnel-web spiders,

and some reasonably priced Koalas.

Let's see how quick delivery is this time.

Edit: but I didn't catch the price dip to £9.30 that happened ten minutes ago!

Edited by DRooster

Successful bid on Great Collections for a 1968 Mexico Olympics coin. 188 graded and 28 in MS67 the highest grade awarded. Paid $63.50 including USA postage. Coin is 75% silver

b289fc51c188c888cfac296ee9dda3f3.jpg

5b2c767bf8115c6feae6c76d2d5e9a4f.jpg